Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Online insults can fetch you five-year jail term

FlyJ

• Administrators

"Anyway govt can only shut small minds up, cs a few will always stand up and fight for what they believe in although, I hope it dont get to that." I hope so too!

well they are angry about the anti gay bill,aint you?there is nothing that the government of nigeria do that is for d good of their people.they implement laws that are meant for themself.

honestly i'm indifferent about the bill.

dont think some bill will ever make me feel free in nigeria

• Moderators

yes I am cool with it cs I am against cyber bullying.

the govt should care cs the person ur insulting most likely is a citizen and may be depressed by ur words.

if one refuses to be mature the govt can act as a corrective measure by using one of its policies. lol

u wanna be immature then fine u just have to face the consequence sha.

I know u are angry abt the bill passed on anti- gay marriage and stuff but a country cant work without her govt and except u are ready to fight govt then u have to accept it.

I know our leader are bad but in all honesty, they are not that bad. they still get somethings right and so long as the law is protecting someone without causing you any harm then its worth it.

Gay Nigerians lost their freedom to associate with one another less than a month ago, and now you're willing to lose your right to free speech. Government as a corrective measure isn't the job of government, so homosexuality isn't "correct", so laws against homosexuality and associations affiliated with them are supposed to "correct" it. We need "straighten out" and that's governmet's job. Sending someone to prison for 14yrs because they are attracted to someone of the same sex is okay because its government's job, and its a corrective measure.

Where is the record that shows this government actually cares about bullying or cyber bullying. This government has stood by and allowed gay persons to be beaten and dragged before kangaroo courts.

Why should government stop there? Let government start checking emails because they might contain insults. What about post mail? Let them start tapping our phone lines because we might insult someone. Let them have cameras in our home, because partners and children fight and trade insults.

Why even stop there, if obesity becomes a problem, they might ban certain types of food, and if they catch someone; sending them to prison is cool because its for the greater good.

You know we're kids and government is our parents, so they are helping us to be more mature.

Anything that impedes on my freedom of speech causes me harm. .

Gay Nigerians lost their freedom to associate with one another less than a month ago, and now you're willing to lose your right to free speech. Government as a corrective measure isn't the job of government, so homosexuality isn't "correct", so laws against homosexuality and associations affiliated with them are supposed to "correct" it. We need "straighten out" and that's governmet's job. Sending someone to prison for 14yrs because they are attracted to someone of the same sex is okay because its government's job, and its a corrective measure.

Where is the record that shows this government actually cares about bullying or cyber bullying. This government has stood by and allowed gay persons to be beaten and dragged before kangaroo courts.

Why should government stop there? Let government start checking emails because they might contain insults. What about post mail? Let them start tapping our phone lines because we might insult someone. Let them have cameras in our home, because partners and children fight and trade insults.

Why even stop there, if obesity becomes a problem, they might ban certain types of food, and if they catch someone; sending them to prison is cool because its for the greater good.

You know we're kids and government is our parents, so they are helping us to be more mature.

Anything that impedes on my freedom of speech causes me harm. .

I think ur just mad at the anti gay law.

and yes the law was seen as a coorective measure to correct the society from homosexual tendencies.

now im I saying all laws made by govt are good? no! but this particular one I appreciate.

whether the govt cares or not at least inorder to stop people from insulting our president, it is also stopping cyber bullying. so in the end a few will benefit from their selfishness and I believe that's something most nigerians are used to, ie eating the crumbs which is better than none.

ur saying the govt did this and that but ur just listing the bad things, this same govt has provided employment for many people, we still buy fuel at #97, I received yearly bursary and I can afford to go to school bcs of this same govt and use good roads.

now this govt may not be perfect but it could be worse (check other african countries).

nigeria is too religious a country and is not ready for gays and nigerians are too angry a people to accept such laws forced down their throat.

the govt can put cameras in homes if its for a good cause(security) and the govt already regulate how we spend and what we eat, so they can control obesity if it wants.

• Moderators

I think ur just mad at the anti gay law.

and yes the law was seen as a coorective measure to correct the society from homosexual tendencies.

now im I saying all laws made by govt are good? no! but this particular one I appreciate.

whether the govt cares or not at least inorder to stop people from insulting our president, it is also stopping cyber bullying. so in the end a few will benefit from their selfishness and I believe that's something most nigerians are used to, ie eating the crumbs which is better than none.

ur saying the govt did this and that but ur just listing the bad things, this same govt has provided employment for many people, we still buy fuel at #97, I received yearly bursary and I can afford to go to school bcs of this same govt and use good roads.

now this govt may not be perfect but it could be worse (check other african countries).

nigeria is too religious a country and is not ready for gays and nigerians are too angry a people to accept such laws forced down their throat.

the govt can put cameras in homes if its for a good cause(security) and the govt already regulate how we spend and what we eat, so they can control obesity if it wants.

Why shouldn't I have the right to insult Goodluck? What is so special about him that makes him "impeccable"? According to you, our leaders are cool with homosexuality but its the religion of the country that made them pass the law. I am surprised that you're able to accept anything in the name of "good cause", you would allow the people that think we're an abomination take away all your rights in the name of "good cause". You would give them absolute power in the name of "good cause". What happens when you don't agree with a law but can't stay anything because it might be perceived as an "insult" or being "unpatriotic", what are you going to do then? Government is made up of "man", and giving man absolute power corrupts man. History has shown us time and time again. Read George Orwell's Animal Farm or 1984. Then read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago.

Of course, I am pissed about the anti gay law, but it does not affect me in anyway. I live in Maryland, United States. I could marry my partner today if I wanted to. However, my anger towards this proposed law has nothing to do with the anti gay law, and everything to do with freedom of speech.

Why shouldn't I have the right to insult Goodluck? What is so special about him that makes him "impeccable"? According to you, our leaders are cool with homosexuality but its the religion of the country that made them pass the law. I am surprised that you're able to accept anything in the name of "good cause", you would allow the people that think we're an abomination take away all your rights in the name of "good cause". You would give them absolute power in the name of "good cause". What happens when you don't agree with a law but can't stay anything because it might be perceived as an "insult" or being "unpatriotic", what are you going to do then? Government is made up of "man", and giving man absolute power corrupts man. History has shown us time and time again. Read George Orwell's Animal Farm or 1984. Then read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago.

Of course, I am pissed about the anti gay law, but it does not affect me in anyway. I live in Maryland, United States. I could marry my partner today if I wanted to. However, my ange towards this proposed law has nothing to do with the anti gay law, and everything to do with freedom of speech.

firstly I never said leaders are cool with homosexuality.

I guess u dint understand my reference to gej.

lastly ur statement is hypocritical, u say u cant let a govt who see u as an abomination govern u but yet u serve a God who made it clear that u are an abomination.

same way u can accept gods commandment even though u are an abomination to him is the same way I choose to let my govt control me.

AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT SHOULD BURNM TO BLAZES... WHY SHOULD THEY BE BOTHERED WITH WHAT GOES ONLINE BECAUSE IT AFFECTS THEIR PERSONS.... SERIOUSLY I CANT FATHOM WHY SOMEONE SHOULD SUPPORT THIS KIND OF MARGINALISATION AND CALL IT UPHOLDING THE LAW!YEA I GET IT..ITS FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION ..BUT WE HAVE NO LAW IN NIGERIA SO WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT WHAT THE GOVERNMENT WANT? HUH! ..SINCE WHEN HAVE THE GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO TEACH ME HOW TO ACT AND TALK? ARE WE SLAVES? IS THIS THE 19TH CENTURY HELL NO ITS THE 21ST CENTURY AND WE LIVE IN A DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY OR I ASSUME WE DO... IF THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD CHANNEL THEIR THOUGHT TO A BETTER APPROPRIATE MEANS LIKE A WAY FOWARD TO BETTER OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM..ZERO POWER SUPPLY..SECURITY..AND THE LIST GOES ON! NOW THATS SOUNDS BETTER DOESNT NOT? TO ME THEY ARE JUST BUNCH OF CLUELESS PEOPLE WITH ABSOLUTELY A MISGUIDED OR MISPLACED PRIORITY AS THE CASE MAY BE! THE AMENDED 1999 CONSTITUTION OF NIGERIA SECTION IV SUBSECTION 33 - 46 IN REGARD TO FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT STATES CLEARLY THAT WE HAVE.....

33.Right to life.

34 Right to dignity of human persons.

35 Right to personal liberty.

36. Right to fair hearing.

37 Right to private and family life.

38 Right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion

39. Right to freedom of expression and the press.

40 Right to peaceful assembly and association.

41 Right to freedom of movement.

42 Right to freedom from discrimination.

43 Right to acquire and own immovable property.

44 Compulsory acquisition of property.

45 Restriction on and derogation from fundamental human rights.

46 Special jurisdiction of High Court and Legal aid.

YES I KNOW WE HAVE ZERO POWER TO DO ANYTHING BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE US MORONS OR ZOMBIES.... THEY DEPRIVE US OF EVERY ESSENTIAL NEED AND YOU SIT THERE AND REIGN YOUR SUPPORT TO A DICTATORSHIP CLONED DEMOCRATIC SYSTEM...

AM REALLY CONCERNED WITH THE FREEDOM OF LIBERTY OR LIBERTARIAN PHRASING REASONABLY SENSIBLE.WHICH CAN BE SUMMED UP INTO SEVEN(7) WORDS..... . *Your rights end where my nose begins*. IN OTHER WORDS,DO WHATEVER YOU WISH , SO LONG AS IT DOESNT INFRINGE UPON THE RIGHTS OF ANOTHER.. ALLOW ANYONE ELSE DO WHAT THEY WISH AS LONG AS THEIR ACTIONS DONT INFRINGE UPON YOUR RIGHTS*

Government interference with adult consensual activities is unjustified unless it can be shown to be necessary for the protection of the liberty or property of other persons. BUT THEN AGAIN ITS STILL THE SAME STUPID GOVERNMENT WITH THEIR STUPID LAWS WERE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT....NOTHING IS NEW... SO WHY DO I HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM? THEY SHOULD INVEST THEIR TIME,POWER, STRENGHT IN PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL ABILITIES, RATIONAL PEOPLE INSTEAD OF GLORIFYING STUPIDITY AND BE CONCERNED ABOUT WHAT I SAY ONLINE!

PLEASE MOVING ON....NOT WORTH IT ALL

:mellow:

......DREAM GIRL CAN YOU Actually list what is good in this country ? yes we love Nigeria because we are Nigerians and its our country come rain come shine.that doesn't make IT A GREAT NATION ...YOU ARE SO CONTENTED WITH GOOD... why not think of AWESOME/ why are called the GIANT OF AFRICA yet we live under the radar of SOUTH AFRICANS..GHANA IVORY COAST SENEGAL.AND THE REST ..why do you think that is so huh?

Corruption, marginalization. Bribery tell me really because am very open to credibility, is it the joblessness, meager incomes, lack of a system of social security, homelessness,greed, avariciousness, maladjusted life-style, lack of education, orphan status and other causes lead social humans to commit crimes...

Lawlessness is a habit of mind, a mind-set resulting from perverse behavior, reckless attitude that callously acts in ways that hurt others, without the perpetrator being mindful of his brutal conduct .there is a saying that says

How a man thinks, so he acts. Thinking and reasoning often go together, but reasoning is more reflective and takes a while longer than thinking.

I will attempt to articulate my thoughts in a way that will pass across my message with clarity.

Nigeria, is rich in natural resources and endowed with great people as citizens, yet more than half of its citizens live from hand to mouth. Why is this? Nigeria discribed as the Giant of Africa, however if we continue along the path we are presently threading, in no distant future, there will be no Nigeria to be called Giant. Without any doubt, Nigeria has the potential to be amongst the most developed countries of the world, but we continue to allow short-sightedness, greed, corruption, disregard for rule of law, lack of law enforcement, cripple the so called Giant. now am pissed why do you call trying? you think the so called government you vehemently support are trying huh? What is referred to in economics as “poor income distribution” has become so prevalent in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, it is celebrated and often used as a tactics for gaining political power and relevance.

and incase you don't know we are experiencing what is known in economics as growth without development. All the indices of growth are steadily on the rise, yet the effect of such growth is hardly felt by its citizens. Come on now have a functional railway. It takes 24hrs to go from Lagos to Kano. No air-conditioning and almost no comfort, yet for my people, the availability of the rail service alone, is a major development like seriously?

Our standards, as a people have become so low, that every token gesture or proof that we do still have a government, is widely celebrated. we put the cart before the horse: I think it was General Babangida who sent soldiers to Liberia to maintain peace and try to restore the country to democratic rule. Exporting democracy while we were under military rule. How laughable!

the same so Nigerian government send soldiers to maintain peace in other countries of the world when in our country we are experiencing very unstable peace; ranging from Boko Haram activities to communities executing jungle justice. And speaking of jungle justice, what happened to the perpetrators of the “Aluu 4” killings? huh? and your so government are still trying maybe till you grow old....wake up and stop turning a blinding eye to the fact around you!

The other day the Vice President was distributing plasma TVs et al, as souvenirs at his daughter’s wedding, that money could have been put to better, more charitable use and gone a long way in improving the lives of the people.

there's a billboard, with the governor of Niger state inviting people to the wedding of his daughter. What is it with such disgusting and carnal display of affluence.

Nigeria is one of the few remaining places on earth, where authority, power and leadership, equate to license to trample on the people one is supposed to be serving. Nigerians are yet to realise that the real power rests in their hands. I hope we as citizens wake up to begin to demand answers to questions that have lingered in their hearts and demand accountability from their leaders instead of indulge in the stupidity.

This the real-life depiction of George Orwell’s book, Animal Farm; where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. Or how else can you explain that one region of the country has so many representatives occupying top positions.

please lets move on and not waste our time or bore ourselves to death with ...... :mellow: .

......DREAM GIRL CAN YOU Actually list what is good in this country ? yes we love Nigeria because we are Nigerians and its our country come rain come shine.that doesn't make IT A GREAT NATION ...YOU ARE SO CONTENTED WITH GOOD... why not think of AWESOME/ why are called the GIANT OF AFRICA yet we live under the radar of SOUTH AFRICANS..GHANA IVORY COAST SENEGAL.AND THE REST ..why do you think that is so huh?

Corruption, marginalization. Bribery tell me really because am very open to credibility, is it the joblessness, meager incomes, lack of a system of social security, homelessness,greed, avariciousness, maladjusted life-style, lack of education, orphan status and other causes lead social humans to commit crimes...

Lawlessness is a habit of mind, a mind-set resulting from perverse behavior, reckless attitude that callously acts in ways that hurt others, without the perpetrator being mindful of his brutal conduct .there is a saying that says

How a man thinks, so he acts. Thinking and reasoning often go together, but reasoning is more reflective and takes a while longer than thinking.

I will attempt to articulate my thoughts in a way that will pass across my message with clarity.

Nigeria, is rich in natural resources and endowed with great people as citizens, yet more than half of its citizens live from hand to mouth. Why is this? Nigeria discribed as the Giant of Africa, however if we continue along the path we are presently threading, in no distant future, there will be no Nigeria to be called Giant. Without any doubt, Nigeria has the potential to be amongst the most developed countries of the world, but we continue to allow short-sightedness, greed, corruption, disregard for rule of law, lack of law enforcement, cripple the so called Giant. now am pissed why do you call trying? you think the so called government you vehemently support are trying huh? What is referred to in economics as “poor income distribution” has become so prevalent in Nigeria. As a matter of fact, it is celebrated and often used as a tactics for gaining political power and relevance.

and incase you don't know we are experiencing what is known in economics as growth without development. All the indices of growth are steadily on the rise, yet the effect of such growth is hardly felt by its citizens. Come on now have a functional railway. It takes 24hrs to go from Lagos to Kano. No air-conditioning and almost no comfort, yet for my people, the availability of the rail service alone, is a major development like seriously?

Our standards, as a people have become so low, that every token gesture or proof that we do still have a government, is widely celebrated. we put the cart before the horse: I think it was General Babangida who sent soldiers to Liberia to maintain peace and try to restore the country to democratic rule. Exporting democracy while we were under military rule. How laughable!

the same so Nigerian government send soldiers to maintain peace in other countries of the world when in our country we are experiencing very unstable peace; ranging from Boko Haram activities to communities executing jungle justice. And speaking of jungle justice, what happened to the perpetrators of the “Aluu 4” killings? huh? and your so government are still trying maybe till you grow old....wake up and stop turning a blinding eye to the fact around you!

The other day the Vice President was distributing plasma TVs et al, as souvenirs at his daughter’s wedding, that money could have been put to better, more charitable use and gone a long way in improving the lives of the people.

there's a billboard, with the governor of Niger state inviting people to the wedding of his daughter. What is it with such disgusting and carnal display of affluence.

Nigeria is one of the few remaining places on earth, where authority, power and leadership, equate to license to trample on the people one is supposed to be serving. Nigerians are yet to realise that the real power rests in their hands. I hope we as citizens wake up to begin to demand answers to questions that have lingered in their hearts and demand accountability from their leaders instead of indulge in the stupidity.

This the real-life depiction of George Orwell’s book, Animal Farm; where all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. Or how else can you explain that one region of the country has so many representatives occupying top positions.

please lets move on and not waste our time or bore ourselves to death with ...... :mellow:/> .

[/qu]]

read my prev post, u will see the list of good things there.

also thinking u trully have freedom to all the rights mentioned is pure delusion.

lastly show me that country where corruption dont exist.

I dnt love nigeria by the way but I love this law and I try to see the good side in govt and not just the bad.

besides we put this ppl in power.

m tired of running round the bush, the good of this law outways the bad and I dont know why any cultured person should be bothered about the law.

nigeria's salvation doesn't start with the leaders, it starts with u and I.

please lets move on and not waste our time or bore ourselves to death with ...... :mellow:/> .

everyone wants nigeria to be like this and that, but how many citizens pay their tax? how many ppl go out on election day to vote?

how many of them are willing to suffer to achieve this great nigeria they want, govt removed subsidy of fuel and everyone was shouting not thinking of the long run benefits the removal will bring.

abeg e no body wan die by dey wan go heaven

selfish leaders and selfish citizens, I have been talking about cyber bullying but no one cares. u guys are more interested in having the right to insult another individual,how does that sound?

I ask does anyone have freedom of speech? the ans is NO.

else why was oshomole's "Go and die" drama not viewed as freedom of speech?

why do ppl take legal actions when insulted esp in developed countries?

why cant we express our views without insulting? go to nigerian blogs and see the hate they display online.

imagine a foreigner reading thru comments on most blog, what do u think wil be hus/her first impression abt this country and her citizens.

i agree the timing is wrong and I appreciate the fear of it leading to something else but I see nothing wrong with this bill.

• Administrators

everyone wants nigeria to be like this and that, but how many citizens pay their tax? how many ppl go out on election day to vote?

how many of them are willing to suffer to achieve this great nigeria they want, govt removed subsidy of fuel and everyone was shouting not thinking of the long run benefits the removal will bring.

abeg e no body wan die by dey wan go heaven

selfish leaders and selfish citizens, I have been talking about cyber bullying but no one cares. u guys are more interested in having the right to insult another individual,how does that sound?

I ask does anyone have freedom of speech? the ans is NO.

else why was oshomole's "Go and die" drama not viewed as freedom of speech?

why do ppl take legal actions when insulted esp in developed countries?

why cant we express our views without insulting? go to nigerian blogs and see the hate they display online.

imagine a foreigner reading thru comments on most blog, what do u think wil be hus/her first impression abt this country and her citizens.

i agree the timing is wrong and I appreciate the fear of it leading to something else but I see nothing wrong with this bill.

Does cyber bullying bother you or have you been a victim of cyber bullying before?

Does cyber bullying bother you or have you been a victim of cyber bullying before?

it bothers me and yes I have been a victim bt my skin was tough enuf to withstand it not everyone can

• Moderators

firstly I never said leaders are cool with homosexuality.

I guess u dint understand my reference to gej.

lastly ur statement is hypocritical, u say u cant let a govt who see u as an abomination govern u but yet u serve a God who made it clear that u are an abomination.

same way u can accept gods commandment even though u are an abomination to him is the same way I choose to let my govt control me.

I don't know which foreign blogs you've been reading but people insult each other on foreign blogs in democratic countries, and I don't see their leaders threatening then with imprisonments. I find it funny that you think this law has anything to do with cyber bullying, and will do anything to curb it. It will give government the right to spy on you, but you're already cool with that.....of course for the "greater" good.

Please tell what is hypocritical about my statement. I don't put government and God on the same pedestal but if you do, that's good for you.

Actually, God said I was wonderfully and fearfully made (Psalm 139:14), and Leviticus 18:22 actually says "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination". God calls the sin an abomination not the person, please read the bible clearly before you start to attribute quotes to the bible that are not there.

I don't worship government, I don't pray to government, I don't think government is infallible, I don't look up to government, I don't put my trust or faith in government, I don't believe government created me in its image, nor do I believe government loves or cares about me. See the difference.

I don't know which foreign blogs you've been reading but people insult each other on foreign blogs in democratic countries, and I don't see their leaders threatening then with imprisonments. I find it funny that you think this law has anything to do with cyber bullying, and will do anything to curb it. It will give government the right to spy on you, but you're already cool with that.....of course for the "greater" good.

Please tell what is hypocritical about my statement. I don't put government and God on the same pedestal but if you do, that's good for you.

Actually, God said I was wonderfully and fearfully made (Psalm 139:14), and Leviticus 18:22 actually says "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination". God calls the sin an abomination not the person, please read the bible clearly before you start to attribute quotes to the bible that are not there.

I don't worship government, I don't pray to government, I don't think government is infallible, I don't look up to government, I don't put my trust or faith in government, I don't believe government created me in its image, nor do I believe government loves or cares about me. See the difference.

same way govt see the act as an abomination, and people who commit this abomination are?

where the hypocrisy is? u said how can I let a govt that see me as an abomination govern me and I said how can u serve a god that sees u as an abomination(even ur prayers as an abomination).

same way u trust God regardless of his anti gay bill in the bible is the same way I chose to trust my govt regardless of the anti gay bill.

the illustration was in reference to ur prev statement.

I believe the law will check and reduce cyber bullying.

• Moderators

same way govt see the act as an abomination, and people who commit this abomination are?

where the hypocrisy is? u said how can I let a govt that see me as an abomination govern me and I said how can u serve a god that sees u as an abomination(even ur prayers as an abomination).

same way u trust God regardless of his anti gay bill in the bible is the same way I chose to trust my govt regardless of the anti gay bill.

the illustration was in reference to ur prev statement.

I believe the law will check and reduce cyber bullying.

Gay bills in the bible? Which bill in the bible? What are you talking about? Show me a gay bill in the bible and show me where God ever called his creation an abomination. God NEVER called homosexuals an abomination. I am repeating it again Leviticus 18:22 says "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind, it is abomination". God calls the sin an abomination not the person, in Proverbs 28:9 he calls the prayers of an unrighteous person an abomination not the person. Please read the bible clearly before you start to attributing quotes to the bible that are not there.

God calls me -

Beloved -Jeremiah 31:***

His child - 1 John ***:1

Delighted In - Zephaniah ***:17

Forgiven - 1 Peter 2:24

Washed Clean - Isaiah 1:18

Free - Galatians 5:1

Adopted Into His Family - Romans 8:15

A Sweet Aroma - 2 Corinthians 2:15

A Masterpiece - Ephesians 2:10

Bold - 2 Corinthians ***:12

Whole In Christ - Colossians 2:10

Hope and Future - Jeremiah 29:10

Those are the words God uses to describe his people.

Since you "study" religion, you should show me. Stop creating scripture that does not exist.

this is one thing that irritates me abt christians, they are too cunning.

i said a person who commits an abomination is what?u couldnt ans.

no if he want to punish smone for the sin, does he punish the sin or the sinner? he dint just see it as a sin but an abomination.

lastly u also said govt sees me as an abomination so where was that written in the bill?

stop being tricky atleast be honest in ur argument.

u just quoted one anti gay bill already, or u wanna be tricky that the bible is not against gays.

I dont wanna turn this to a religious argument and so far apart from the freedom of speech ish( which is not really free) u havent made any other argument as to why this law is bad.

u cant change my views neither can I so peace.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Leviticus 18:22

Romans 1:26-27

ur anti gay bill ryt there.

• Moderators

Lol, Christians are cunning. A bill is a proposed law under consideration by a legislature. I don't see how any of the Bible Verses (which are biblical teaching against homosexuality) you quoted qualifies has a BILL, am I been cunning or I just used your word against you?

I never said the bible isn't against homosexuality but I said God never called homosexuals an abomination. He punishes the sinner for their sins, but he doesn't call them an abomination. Again, THE SIN IS THE ABOMINATION NOT THE SINNER, there is no twisting words. I am not a saint, but I'm definitely not an abomination.

My freedom is speech (mine is really free, maybe yours isn't) is the only argument needed. I can bring up violation of the right to privacy but since you're cool with government putting cameras in your house, I know that isn't a problem for you. You are also cool with the government telling how to talk, what to eat, how to act for the "greater" good, seems to me like you replaced one God with another.

PS: I could care less about your views, I am not looking to change them, but I'm going to state my point regardless.

I dnt see how any educated person will take the anti gay bill I mentioned in the bible literally. so I wnt bother saying much on that since u chose to play ignorant.

cunning as usual, so show me where the govt called homosexualism an abomination in the bill? bcs u mentioned that on so many occasions in ur post.

btw the way u havent answered my question, people that commit abominations are called?

yes I am cool with it bcs I do not need to insult anyone to express myself.

and I am 100percent against cyber bullying

• 3 years later...