Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

suggesting

guchi

#just thinking# maybe its time to give honor to whom honor is due. Maybe those who have contributed to d suces and growth of this forum shld b apreciated. Mayb via voting or appointment as d case mayb,sme members deserve recognition nd i jus fil iy wuld b nice to recognise them. I may not fall under any of this category bt i sure know that some pple do nd dy deserve it.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

How about we move the "whats on your mind" feature to the home page instead of profile page. That way, its the first thing you see when you log in. Most people only go to their profiles every now and then when they are done updating it, so they tend to forget they have that option. It might also encourage people to post their random thoughts through that medium instead of going to the "whats on your mind" thread. Not that the thread isn't nice but making a post via your personal update creates an avenue for interaction.

I also think we should have awards this year. We could suggest suitable categories(as we sadly cant do most beautiful and shii) and their nominees. The categories will be determined by the entire forum but nominees by the admin because they have the data. Voting will be anonymous to avoid bias and baad bloood *in taylor swifts voice*

This is just a suggestion, interested parties can fine tune it.

I also think we should have a resident "douche bag" but LOOL

• Upvote 1

How about we move the "whats on your mind" feature to the home page instead of profile page. That way, its the first thing you see when you log in. Most people only go to their profiles every now and then when they are done updating it, so they tend to forget they have that option. It might also encourage people to post their random thoughts through that medium instead of going to the "whats on your mind" thread. Not that the thread isn't nice but making a post via your personal update creates an avenue for interaction.

I also think we should have awards this year. We could suggest suitable categories(as we sadly cant do most beautiful and shii) and their nominees. The categories will be determined by the entire forum but nominees by the admin because they have the data. Voting will be anonymous to avoid bias and baad bloood *in taylor swifts voice*

Fantastic suggestion @Hawken....

So where do you think you'd fit in? Most what? Hahahahaha..very amusing.

Loool it actually is. Buts that the whole point.. The only problem is we dont have enough regulars. 10 tops... Out of over 1k

Sad shii...

Which brings me to another suggestion or thought. Is there no way to get these guys to come back? I think the main problem is the fact that you are allowed to send Pms the moment you are verified. Because of this, some people having being verified, just create a message and start to copy and paste to every girl. I honestly think there should still be some restrictions even after verification. For example, one shouldnt be able to send PMs to other members (excluding admin) until she has made at least 50 posts. Let them show that they really want to be part of the community.

The admin should also take some time to send out mails to inactive members. A friendly remainder to come log in and interact. I know its not by force, but failure to do so would lead to a suspension of acct or something. Some people might get angry and say they have lives, they are busy bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Everybody here has a life and everybody is busy. You like to read our contributions and chuckle to yourself but you don't want to contribute. One post a month will not kill you. So please, if you will not contribute then kindly leave and view the site as a visitor. We are not looking for "bench warmers".

Why am I angry please?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Which brings me to another suggestion or thought. Is there no way to get these guys to come back? I think the main problem is the fact that you are allowed to send Pms the moment you are verified. Because of this, some people having being verified, just create a message and start to copy and paste to every girl. I honestly think there should still be some restrictions even after verification. For example, one shouldnt be able to send PMs to other members (excluding admin) until she has made at least 50 posts. Let them show that they really want to be part of the community.

The admin should also take some time to send out mails to inactive members. A friendly remainder to come log in and interact. I know its not by force, but failure to do so would lead to a suspension of acct or something. Some people might get angry and say they have lives, they are busy bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

Everybody here has a life and everybody is busy. You like to read our contributions and chuckle to yourself but you don't want to contribute. One post a month will not kill you. So please, if you will not contribute then kindly leave and view the site as a visitor. We are not looking for "bench warmers".

Why am I angry please?

Because some will just appear and say "l need friends. Pls help me. Ah"

Because some will just appear and say "l need friends. Pls help me. Ah"

Hahahaha that statement is even long. Some will just start typing "lol" upandan.

But thats where a resident "douche bag" comes in.

The problem, here is sometimes boring bc there's no chatrooms . . . I have said it before but no changes by the Admins. You can check up sites like prodigits.the chatrooms will be for only verified active members.

So people can joke and get to know each other easily not by pms

chatroom or no chatroom wouldn't make any difference because some people are in here for one reason...SEX" they are only interested in sex and bitting the fingers that finger f***ked them. You need to ask yourself "what have you done or contributed in making the site more interesting? We are in a country where we need to play it safe, and the Admins are trying so hard to maintain that safety and running the financial aspect of making the site sociable for all without asking us for a dime. They also have their lives and businesses to deal with on daily basis plus time factor... are they also gonna be responsible for making sure we don't get bored? Isn't that a tad bit to much to ask for?

• Upvote 1

chatroom or no chatroom wouldn't make any difference because some people are in here for one reason...SEX" they are only interested in sex and bitting the fingers that finger f***ked them. You need to ask yourself "what have you done or contributed in making the site more interesting? We are in a country where we need to play it safe, and the Admins are trying so hard to maintain that safety and running the financial aspect of making the site sociable for all without asking us for a dime. They also have their lives and businesses to deal with on daily basis plus time factor... are they also gonna be responsible for making sure we don't get bored? Isn't that a tad bit to much to ask for?

"the finger that finger f***ked them" LMAOO my chest

• Administrators

That's a good idea...We will look at that possibility.

• Administrators

Why am I angry please?

Great idea..We are looking at different options

• Moderators

We used to send out mails to "inactive" members but they did exactly the same thing that they did before, came here, logged in, sent out PM's to "interesting" members, got phone numbers and left. Then ours servers started to complain.

I still don't get the obsession with a chat service, what difference would it make except trying the strike up a conversation with something doesn't want to chat with you. If they are interested they will send a PM, its that simple.

@Moresco, I think what most people are saying here is that we want to feel like a family, like a part of something together , a bond formed .... its not just about hooking up with the next girl or getting a girlfriend and leaving. we want to become friends and sisters... I dunno.... I just feel that's what is on a lot of our minds...

• Moderators

@Moresco, I think what most people are saying here is that we want to feel like a family, like a part of something together , a bond formed .... its not just about hooking up with the next girl or getting a girlfriend and leaving. we want to become friends and sisters... I dunno.... I just feel that's what is on a lot of our minds...

Understandable, but what does that have to do with a chat service? What would a chat service provide that the PM doesn't already do? There is already a means of communication on the site.

Understandable, but what does that have to do with a chat service? What would a chat service provide that the PM doesn't already do? There is already a means of communication on the site.

The PM admits a maximum of I think *** (three) parties whereas a chat service can admit as many people as required per time. With the PM, a person will have to be invited by the clique, but with a chat service everyone is welcome, no clique, no discrimination. To mention just a few of course ...

• Moderators

The PM admits a maximum of I think *** (three) parties whereas a chat service can admit as many people as required per time. With the PM, a person will have to be invited by the clique, but with a chat service everyone is welcome, no clique, no discrimination. To mention just a few of course ...

Still doesn't justify a chat service, you can do all this with the PM (the number is actually 7), meaning you can have a discussion with up to 7 people. Choosing to do this, does not mean the person is discriminating, they probably just want to talk to those 7 people. As for "chat service everyone is welcome, no clique, no discrimination. To mention just a few of course"; we already have those, they are called "Posts".