Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Love

M2DD

Just get ready Dave,if I miss my flight ,I am killing you ,Tamara said as she hurriedly rushed into the car. You know how bad Lagos traffic is and you decided to come so ……Dave interrupts her,Relax babe,we will get you to the airport on time.You better do ,because my Boss would kill me,Tamara says ,Dave pulls out of her close and gets on the highway,it won’t get to that,don’t worry,Dave says.

Dave and Tamara are bestfriends,they have been friends since High School.Dave was 2 years Tamaras senior,they met during interhouse sports,because he was the Sports Prefect and she was a good basketball player.Tamara is 6ft 2inches tall,dark skinned,with brown eyes and Dave is 6ft 3inches tall,dark skinned and considered the hottest boy in school.After High School,they stayed friends,Tamara went to Scotland to study and Dave went to Ukraine to study,they saw each other some summer holidays,they shared same views,same interest,that at a point Dave thought thy should date.Tamara refused ,because she knew she was gay,she was sttracted to females but had never had a girlfriend,Dave insisted she had never been with a girl so she might just be wrong.They finally started dating and it was the worst relationship of Daves life.After 2 months of dating,One night Tamara called him up and said,Dave we got this wrong, we are meant to be friends not lovers,I quit.Dave gave a sigh of relief and said,Thank you Tamara,I have been thinking of how to call it quits but I didn’t know how to,because I didn’t want to lose you.Can we not try this nonsense next time,Tamara said.We are definitely not trying it again.

One morning,a month before the summer Holidays,Dave called Tamara on the phone,Babe I just got a good deal online ,lets burst Miami and go to Ibiza instead,Dave I don’t have time for this your holiday madness today,I have papers to write and I am lacking back on my schedule,Tamara said on the other end of the phone.I am walking to Class now,school is more on my mind than the holiday,I need to graduate with distinction,Tamara said.Okay madam book,I hear you,I will call you later ,7pm your time.I have goodnews for you.Really,sounding excited,Tamara said.Yeah said David.Tell me now,she said.No,you have classes remember,go to class,talk to you later,Dave hung up.Wicked Boy,she sighed to herself and left to class.

That evening at 6:44pm,Tamara called Dave.Hey whats up,Dave asked,I am good,Let me hear the gist please,she replied.What time is it in Scotland now,Dave asked.Its 6:44pm ,Tamara replied,Well Tee as he fondly calls her,I am sorry I said 7pm ,what difference does it make Dude,Tamara getting impatient and anxious replied,my brain will boot at 7pm,just kidding,he replies.

Okay lastnight I hung out with a coursemate and his cousin ,and they told me about Ibiza and I think we should spend summer there.

Is that the stupid gist? Tamara yelled.Relax,your blood too dey hot,Dave said.

Guess what,she’s gay and she’s soooooooooo hot ,and she’s single.

Tee are you there?Dave asked not hearing from Tamara,I am here David Olaiya,Tamara replied.Why the f***k were you mute,Dave swore,Nothing,Tamara replied.

Well ,i told her about you,and that you guys should hook up,I showed her your picture,wtf,Tamara said,What?Dave asked,You showed her my picture already?Are you nuts,Infact ,what makes you think I want to date,asked Tamara.You need a girlfriend,you need love,you need sex,you need a companion,you have been single for God knows how many years,Do you know why you easily get agitated?Dave asked.No,Tamara confused at the question ,replied.Its because you have not had sex in years,Sex brightens up your mood,keeps you light,keeps you happy and smiling.You are too uptight,Dave said.

Anyway,so she looked at your picture and she was smiling or should I say blushing,I think she liked what she saw.So she invited us for summer in Ibiza and when I finished talking to you this morning,I booked our hotels,we are staying at the Marriot,in front of the beach,it would be fun,so get ready.

Can I see her picture please,Tamara asked,No,he replied,you need the suspense.Wicked boy,okay whats her name,she asked him,Andrea,and last name?She asked,Not telling you,you wanna go check on Facebook,smart ass.Don’t be silly ,Spanish people answer same first and lastnames,so we might probably have 300 people on Facebook answering that name,Tamara said.Whatever Miss SmartAss ,I am not telling you,a knock comes on Daves door,I gotta go now hun,my girlfriend is here,let me take care of love business.Bye,he said and hung up before she could say a word.

Back on the road,I am really gonna miss you,*** years is a longtime,Dave said.I know yeah,nobody to protect you from all this Lagos scavenger girls,she said.Dave burst out laughing,abi ooo.

And just maybe you will meet someone in Houston,he says,its been a over a year since you and Andrea called it quits.

I don’t think I am ready for a relationship yet,I wanna give it 2 years before my heart heals,she replied.

Nonsense ,so if you find love now,you will throw it away,he asked,I won’t go searching for it at all,she replied.

Okay ooo,whatever you say,bottom line is I will miss you.

I will come next Christmas,and if along the line,you meet a girl that you want to get married to,I will come.Tamara said. Of course,you will,that’s non-negotiable,afterall,you’re the bestman or should I say bestwoman,Dave replied as they drove into Murtala Muhammed International Airport,Here we are,as he parked the car in a tight corner.Let me bring out my passport and ticket first,this mad people at this airport,as she scrambles through her bag,f***k me ,she swears,Whats wrong,Dave ask,My passport isn’t here,she replied. Bullshit ,just get your luggage in, go talk to them,let me rush back and get it for you .What time is the flight,he asks.!0:45pm but boarding gate closes at 10pm,you will make it he says and gets back in the car and drives off.

……………………………………………………..

Over an hour later

Madam in 25 minutes ,I will have to offload you from the flight,I can’t do much for you if he is not here,the flight manager says to Tamara.

There he is ,she exclaims pointing at Dave.She runs to him,takes the passport and kisses him goodbye.

Call me during your layover in Frankfurt,he says while letting go of her hand,sure she replies running to the boarding gate,they stamp her passport and get her fast through airport security and immigration.

At the boarding gate, boarding pass please, the flight attendant asks

Here ,Tamara hands over to him

Ma’am you are the last to board ,as her tears the other part of the boarding pass and hands it over to her,Have a safe flight,Thank you she replies.

At the door of the airraft,Good evening,welcome on board,Can I see your boarding pass,the airhostess asks,here,Tamara hands over to her,I will take her to her seat, another flight attendant appears from inside and walks Tamara to her seat.

Tamara follows her to her seat, here as she points to her seat.Let me help you with that,she takes Tamara bag and stows it away in the overhead cabin.

You look tired,can I get you something to drink,she ask Tamar,Champagne,Orange Juice or Apple Juice.

Water please,with ice cubes,Tamara says and she fetches her phone from her jacket and dials Davids number.

Dude,I am seated now,doors have closed,thanks for everything.Got to go.Bye.She said and turned off her phone.

Here you go ma’am ,the airhostess hands over a glass of water to Tamara.

Thank you ,she says.

You’re welcome Ma’am,she smiles and says I love your height,explains why you are flying First Class.

Thank you, Tamara says and smiles back at her and she walks away.

.....................................................................................................................................

Forty five minutes into the flight,Tamara is sleeping and feels a gentle touch on her,she wakes.I am sorry ,i have been trying to wake you up,are you having dinner? The flight attendant ask.No,i just want to sleep,Tamara replied. Should i read you a bedtime story, she asks,No,Tamara burst out laughing,Should i sing for you,she ask again. No, still laughing Tamara replies, Okay should i kiss u goodnight on the cheeks, Tamara replies No nodding her head and smiling. The flight attendant, covers her properly with the blanket and walks away.

………………………………………………………….

Nearly two hours later , Tamara wakes up and reclines the seat back and walks to the convenience .Comes back and pushes the call button for an attendant.

Someone comes to meet her, Hi ma’am what can I do for you,the flight attendant ask. Uhm….i need the other attendant please, the one that served here, she replies. Do you know his or her name? No,she replies.

We have 14 crew members on board this flight including the Captain and the co-pilot,so I need a name. getting impatient the attendant replies.

Okay never mind, just get me a glass of redwine and maybe nuts,Tamara says.

Okay I got you,the attendant replies and walks away.

About *** minutes later,Here you go ,she hands over the drink and nuts to Tamara.

Thank you,Tamara says.

Is there any other thing I can get for you? She asks.

Actually yes, Tamara replies smiling.

What ? She asks.

The attendant I asked about earlier,she has blue eyes ,average height,Tamara replies.

That should be Adelphe,would get her for you,she says and walks away.

Five minutes later,I hear someone needs me to sing to her,Adelphe says appearing from behind and squats beside Tamara.

On the contrary ,I would prefer the kiss on the cheek,Tamara says laughing.I didn’t know your name ,the only thing I could remember was your eyes.

Oh I am sorry,my name is Adelphe.

Good my name is Tamara,where are you from?

Greece ,but I grew in the United States,Adelphe replies.

Oh really,that explains why your English is good,I once had a girlfriend from Greece,Vasilakipi…………………….

They chat for about 10 minutes and Adelphe walks away…………………………….

(if you wanna know what they were chatting about,send me credit)

………………………………………………………………………….

Thirty minutes to landing, Tamara approaches from the convenience to her seat after going to freshen up,finds Adelphe waiting for her at her seat.

I forgot to ask ,do you have an onward flight,or you end in Frankfurt.Adelphe ask.

I am going to Houston,connecting flight is United ,Tamara replies as she seats down.

Oh okay,here you go ,your jacket ,Adelphe hands over to her,Fasten your seatbelt please,she says as she walks away.

………………………………………………………….

While waiting for her connecting flight at the Airport,she brings out her phone to call Dave.

Wake up ,lazy ass,she says. Hey Tee,I am up,about to go jogging,how was your flight,he asks.

Good,she replies. I met someone,God she’s so hot.

Oh yeah,what happened to healing for two years,Dave ask.

Just because I am on a diet ,doesn’t mean I can’t take a look at the menu.Between,I didn’t order anything.She replies.

Oh Okay,so whats the story,he asks.

Well this girl,the attendant she’s so hot,we chatted a bit though,but I didn’t take her number.

Why ? Dave asks

I don’t know,I guess I didn’t want to get turned down,besides she’s a flight attendnt,nothing will ever happen.

So you think they don’t have relationships,wait a minute,how do you even know she’s gay,Dave asks.

I just know,duh…she replies.

Okay,so let me get it,you met a girl that swept you off your feet,you guys chatted and you didn’t ask for her number or email.Dave asks.

No I didn’t ,she replies.

You’re a nut job,I got to go now,call me when you are in Houston.He hangs up.

……………..

Fourteen hours later,at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport,plane lands.

Tamara goes to immigration,tries to get her Passport from her Jacket and a note comes out with the Passport,she pays no attention to it until she goes through Immigration and Customs,gets a cab and is seated In it.

She brings out the note and it reads

I kind of had a feeling you would not ask for my number,so I slipped this note in your jacket.Heres my email adelphe@aol.com,

Enjoy your stay in Houston,hoping to read from you.

Adelphe.

Tamara folds the note ,puts it back in her jacket pocket smiling

Mean Ass!! U had better start writtin now or else ehenn!!

I packed my laptop ,so till it comes out after the holidays

WDF @ Minini! Why stop there? I was really relaxed enjoying the good piece and you pierced a nïddle to my fatass...continue jor...I love happy ending I should remind you..no funnies abeg...lol

WDF @ Minini! Why stop there? I was really relaxed enjoying the good piece and you pierced a nïddle to my fatass...continue jor...I love happy ending I should remind you..no funnies abeg...lol

Some part of this story, is my life experience. It's going to take time to complete, but I can promise you a happy ending.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok m running out of patience here young lady. U said to be continued later in d yr. Dis is November n still nufin. Abeg complete d thing already. I come here everyday just for it. Bring den dat lapi of urs frm whrever u hung it, m on mu knees minini