Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

General Chat

daftpunk

I really do not have much IT knowledge, but I was wondering if it were possible to incorporate a general chat to this site. I think such a chat would enable users interact in realtime on general issues/topics. basically that would draw more crowd/members to be onsite at the same time.

• Moderators

I really do not have much IT knowledge, but I was wondering if it were possible to incorporate a general chat to this site. I think such a chat would enable users interact in realtime on general issues/topics. basically that would draw more crowd/members to be onsite at the same time.

This isn't the first time I've heard this. I've barely touched on this subject before in My thoughts or rant or whatever.

However, how would a general chat "enable users interact in realtime on general issues/topics"? I'm seriously curious on how you think that would work.

• Administrators

@OP

Its not possible to add a chat on the forum.It's a forum so the idea is for users/posters to exchange ideas and views on a particular issue.

I also do not understand the logic behind "I think such a chat would enable users interact in realtime on general issues/topics".

This isn't the first time I've heard this. I've barely touched on this subject before in My thoughts or rant or whatever.

However, how would a general chat "enable users interact in realtime on general issues/topics"? I'm seriously curious on how you think that would work.

Well first of' I'm not suggesting its the greatest idea, I'm just imagining that other experiences I've had with forums/chat would be cool. Since group chats are like instant msg within a group and fast paced as opposed to mail like communication which is slower. But I get what you are saying, twas just a suggestion.

@OP

Its not possible to add a chat on the forum.It's a forum so the idea is for users/posters to exchange ideas and views on a particular issue.

I also do not understand the logic behind "I think such a chat would enable users interact in realtime on general issues/topics".

Okay, I withdraw the suggestion.

• Moderators

Well first of' I'm not suggesting its the greatest idea, I'm just imagining that other experiences I've had with forums/chat would be cool. Since group chats are like instant msg within a group and fast paced as opposed to mail like communication which is slower. But I get what you are saying, twas just a suggestion.

Cool, its a legitimate suggestion based on your experiences with other sites. I understand, but Naijalez is different; realistically 90% percent of the members here are looking to hookup, that's all. They are not interested in discussions, chit chats, debates or anything. Am I supposed to facilitate such behavior by making it really really easy not to participate?

Cool, its a legitimate suggestion based on your experiences with other sites. I understand, but Naijalez is different; realistically 90% percent of the members here are looking to hookup, that's all. They are not interested in discussions, chit chats, debates or anything. Am I supposed to facilitate such behavior by making it really really easy not to participate?

Okay, I seeeeee :blink:/>

• 3 months later...

I was thinking same cos I noticed that there are over a thousand members but mostly below 50 online most times. in going through a lot of the posts here, certain usernames kept popping up repeatedly, which shows that it was like only a certain people keep posting. I like to know people in forums so that when we meet, we are past that awkward moment. I'll still keep thinking of a way to have more people online..... and when I et some ideas, I'll share it for scrutiny.

some suggestions include: posting a topic to ask members Hw they think the forum can make most dormant members active. get their feedback.

Girls night in (where members log in at a given time to chit chat). we cud HV meetings too....

contests and challenges...

game night ( where people stand a chance of winning whatever is decided, maybe airtime)...

interviews with any selected admin (where we the members get to ask them any questions we desire)....

organize events where forum members get to meet in person....

Awards night ( maybe like highest poster, most cynical, most bla bla bla , as the admin deem fit......

what do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

some suggestions include: posting a topic to ask members Hw they think the forum can make most dormant members active. get their feedback.

Girls night in (where members log in at a given time to chit chat). we cud HV meetings too....

contests and challenges...

game night ( where people stand a chance of winning whatever is decided, maybe airtime)...

interviews with any selected admin (where we the members get to ask them any questions we desire)....

organize events where forum members get to meet in person....

Awards night ( maybe like highest poster, most cynical, most bla bla bla , as the admin deem fit......

what do you think?

Interesting suggestions.

However, I would like to point out something. We pay the fees to host this site, as you see there are no ads on the site so we don't get money from that, we use our money to call and verify members which is not free (whether I lived in Nigeria or not), and now you want use to give people airtime? How do you suggest we pay for that?

Concerning dormant members, I assume you think most members are here to chit chat, but your assumption is wrong (I learnt that lesson the hard way), they are here to look for pu**y, when they find it, they leave and come back when they are looking for another. I know members that are here every week since 2012, haven't posted once but have sent lots of messages.

We appreciate our active members but we are not going to beg people to participate, we don't have this website for us, we spend our money and time to keep running because we feel Naija lesbians need a forum like this, we will reach out as much as possible but that's it.

Interesting suggestions.

However, I would like to point out something. We pay the fees to host this site, as you see there are no ads on the site so we don't get money from that, we use our money to call and verify members which is not free (whether I lived in Nigeria or not), and now you want use to give people airtime? How do you suggest we pay for that?

Concerning dormant members, I assume you think most members are here to chit chat, but your assumption is wrong (I learnt that lesson the hard way), they are here to look for pu**y, when they find it, they leave and come back when they are looking for another. I know members that are here every week since 2012, haven't posted once but have sent lots of messages.

We appreciate our active members but we are not going to beg people to participate, we don't have this website for us, we spend our money and time to keep running because we feel Naija lesbians need a forum like this, we will reach out as much as possible but that's it.

OK.

• 5 years later...
On 9/4/2014 at 7:29 PM, moresko said:

they are here to look for pu**y, when they find it, they leave and come back when they are looking for another. I know members that are here every week since 2012, haven't posted once but have sent lots of messages.

😂