Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Funmi's Dilemma

msztee

Funmi’s heart felt like it would explode. It was beating so fast she could hardly breathe.

She was standing in the kitchen on one side of the table which the only thing in between her mother and her.

On the table, were printed copies of the pictures she had e-mailed to Wande. Somehow they had been sent from her system to the house’s central printer.

Her mum repeated the question “Funmi, Please explain these pictures to me?”. Funmi’s mind flashed back to the events that led up to those pictures being in existence.

For Funmi, a part of her had always known right from a tender age, she’d always been more inclined to talk to girls than she was to boys. A girl’s smile, her hair, face……..always made her feel much better than a boy's.

In high school, she’d play the flirting games with boys, go on dates, make out with them but it was all just to belong. Her secret crushes were always girls but she knew she had to keep it hidden.

Her mum was the most homophobic person she had ever met. She’d pretty turned up her nose at all things gay.

So when Funmi finally met Wande two years ago and they had entered into a relationship, and it was Funmi best kept secret till now.

The pictures were the aftermath of their last time together. Wande was going away to school for a year and they had wanted to create memories.

As usual, they’d told their parents they were off to a party, but had taken a hotel room instead, it was the only way they could be truly alone and together. It had been an endless night of just that.

Alcohol,Foreplay, Sex, Cuddling, Tears, Sexy Steamy Poses, Lights, Camera, Flashes . Wande was leaving and Funmi couldn't deal. It was gut wrenching for both of them because they knew it was all going to change.

Those were the pictures that currently lay in between her and her mother.

If it were you, what would you say??

Depends, If the pic is deniable or could be construed to portray something else ill go with denial. But if the pic is as clear as night and day , Ill feel horrible lol, but the light at the end of the tunnel is that I wouldn't have to come out to mum again.

Lol you already know my answer... Eermmm it won't be funny o, she will just KILL me... Will just keep denying it with a heart full of fear