Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How far could you go for someone you love?

Abystacy

We have all read about it,imagine what it could be like, or have your own fantasies about it and experienced it in one way or the other, it may have been a good experience or not. To love is the law of life itself, is one of the most sublime actions that a human being is capable of, it can also accompany all  our fundamental actions.Now the question is what's your own definition of love? By all virtue LOVE is accepting the other person as they are and not asking them to be someone else.

love is when you feel comfortable enough with someone to speak your mind freely and you can become selfless for them, in some ways. love is having your best friend as your partner. Love can also be with things, you can love food, like me, because it makes you feel good. Love basically makes you feel good, about yourself, about others, and about your relationships.Love is the opposite of apathy.

I don't mean that people in love can't ask each other to change in minor ways, but love, to me, means being able to accept who the other person really is.

When you are truly in love with a person you are free to really be yourself without worrying that the other person is judging you and being critical of you.

So, to me Love is not always passionate, but accepting. It's feeling that the other person totally accepts who you really are (and it is totally accepting the other person...).

We have all been going on with the topic "what extent would you go to prove your love" now my question is by your definition or your own ideas about love,

How far could you go for someone you love?

Although that's not actually the bone of contention,but to clarify

A main component for a successful and fulfilling love story is having a trusting friendship with your partner. Like any deep friendship that you have with someone, it takes being a good friend to have a good friend. But why is it important that your partner become your best friend? Friendship is the Key!

Keeping love and romance alive in your relationship doesn't have to depend on going on cruises or weekend getaways. Partners who still "feel the glow" in their relationships are those, who on a daily basis, have nurtured the friendship that is the basis of all happy relationships. And that to me is called LOVE

• Moderators

I don't know how far but it must be within the bounds of sanity. I don't believe loving someone makes you blind to their faults, or you have to accept all their faults because you love them. The fact you love someone doesn't mean you have to be with them, sometimes you have to love them or yourself enough to let them go.

I quite agree with you OP,if my partner can't be my best friend,then what else should she be(my enemy?)...she just have to be someone i can relate with as my paddy abeg,someone i can tell anything without being misunderstood/misjudged,someone that gets me and keeps me interested B)/>

I quite agree with you OP,if my partner can't be my best friend,then what else should she be(my enemy?)...she just have to be someone i can relate to as my paddy abeg,someone i can tell anything without being misunderstood/misjudged,someone that gets me and keeps me interested B)/>

I agree,just like two of us, shebi?

Personally I don't believe in love at first sight, or do i love or fall in love easily. Love has no boundaries and since I believe in healthy love as long as it's not abusive or taken for granted.i will go as far, very far for someone I love to an extent so far it's mutual and a collaborative effort.

Personally I don't believe in love at first sight, or do i love or fall in love easily. Love has no boundaries and since I believe in healthy love as long as it's not abusive or taken for granted.i will go as far, very far for someone I love to an extent so far it's mutual and a collaborative effort.

Wat if u got lost going that 'far'?

Don't get me wrong, like I always say,I'm only responsible for what I say and not what one chooses to understand. When I said I believe in healthy love, I can go very far to an extent, as long as it's a collaborative nd mutual effort "that's the operative words" meaning as long as I don't lose my identity.

It's one thing to love a person and another to love just for the case or an idea of being in love. There are two experiences that one can identify love. We can fall in love with a person or we can fall in love with companionship. When you fall in love with a person, you get to experience their companionship as a blessing and a byproduct, but when you fall in love with companionship, it become hinged on losing one another, because its built in fear, necessity or power and that is not falling in love.

I strongly believe that when you fall in love with a person and that feeling is reciprocated in the same manner, you won't lose yourself in love because you will be an important part of that love and what makes it tick.

Wat if u got lost going that 'far'?

Don't get me wrong, like I always say,I'm only responsible for what I say and not what one chooses to understand. When I said I believe in healthy love, I can go very far to an extent, as long as it's a collaborative nd mutual effort "that's the operative words" meaning as long as I don't lose my identity.

It's one thing to love a person and another to love just for the case or an idea of being in love. There are two experiences that one can identify love. We can fall in love with a person or we can fall in love with companionship. When you fall in love with a person, you get to experience their companionship as a blessing and a byproduct, but when you fall in love with companionship, it become hinged on losing one another, because its built in fear, necessity or power and that is not falling in love.

I strongly believe that when you fall in love with a person and that feeling is reciprocated in the same manner, you won't lose yourself in love because you will be an important part of that love and what makes it tick.

Abystacy, u can preach o. Tell 'em.

• 3 months later...

I reciprocate love. I would go as far as she would.

about what u said, I believe at first you love the person,then the companionship.

its that company you love that makes you miss and want more of the person,so I disagree that its based on fear. cause what we really should be looking for is a companion and not just a person to love. my opinion tho

Although that's not actually the bone of contention,but to clarify

A main component for a successful and fulfilling love story is having a trusting friendship with your partner. Like any deep friendship that you have with someone, it takes being a good friend to have a good friend. But why is it important that your partner become your best friend? Friendship is the Key!

Keeping love and romance alive in your relationship doesn't have to depend on going on cruises or weekend getaways. Partners who still "feel the glow" in their relationships are those, who on a daily basis, have nurtured the friendship that is the basis of all happy relationships. And that to me is called LOVE

I totally agree

I reciprocate love. I would go as far as she would.

about what u said, I believe at first you love the person,then the companionship.

its that company you love that makes you miss and want more of the person,so I disagree that its based on fear. cause what we really should be looking for is a companion and not just a person to love. my opinion tho

I believe that if you truly love someone then you will love their company, it doesn't matter if all you do is stare @eachother till your lips find themselves or if all you do is play ludo or ten ten. However you can love someone's company without necessarily being in love with the person... I was given an ultimatum by a friend once, I didn't love A( let's assume A's the friend) but I loved A's company and when A started having feelings for me and told me its either you date me or lose our friendship( as A felt being friends would hurt), the fear of losing the friendship/companionship made me say yes but we broke up in less than 2 months, why? Cuz I wasn't in love with A, I was going through a lot then and A's company seemed like all I needed, the funny part is the fear of losing that companionship we had for a while made me feel like I might have feelings for A but when A went back to school n we couldn't talk for hours like we always did n when A wasn't always there like before, I knew I just knew it couldn't work because I didn't love A.... Yeah companionship is important but if you are more in love with the companionship than the person then there will be problems.... A relationship is like cake, companionship is just an ingredient though its an important ingredient but there are other important ingredients needed to bake that delicious cake.. Lol am just ranting, can't sleep

I believe that if you truly love someone then you will love their company, it doesn't matter if all you do is stare @eachother till your lips find themselves or if all you do is play ludo or ten ten. However you can love someone's company without necessarily being in love with the person... I was given an ultimatum by a friend once, I didn't love A( let's assume A's the friend) but I loved A's company and when A started having feelings for me and told me its either you date me or lose our friendship( as A felt being friends would hurt), the fear of losing the friendship/companionship made me say yes but we broke up in less than 2 months, why? Cuz I wasn't in love with A, I was going through a lot then and A's company seemed like all I needed, the funny part is the fear of losing that companionship we had for a while made me feel like I might have feelings for A but when A went back to school n we couldn't talk for hours like we always did n when A wasn't always there like before, I knew I just knew it couldn't work because I didn't love A.... Yeah companionship is important but if you are more in love with the companionship than the person then there will be problems.... A relationship is like cake, companionship is just an ingredient though its an important ingredient but there are other important ingredients needed to bake that delicious cake.. Lol am just ranting, can't sleep

You made sense.

lol ok

• 5 years later...