Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

I lost you

Bobb

I jes heard someone say "move on," and then it beats me and I ask myself,how can I move on when I've lost my sense of direction and you always guide me through paths I never knew?? In any journey,who you travel with can be more important than your destination. I know this cause when I got to the point that I knew I had to stay happy and you were not there with me,it defeated the purpose of ever being there in the first place. Today u're so sweet,so nice and beautiful,and tomorrow u're jes so mean. When every mistake leads to "let's end this." When every piece of our broken heart seems so impossible to fix. When u said it was over,nothing else mattered. All I wanted to do was to get back with you. But when the impossibility glared so much into me,I knew I didn't stand a chance so I had to move on. Until the day that you called,the day you said you missed me and you still loved me. The day you longed to hear those same words from me but silence was my lips' answer. The day you wanted me to say those words again and beg you to stay one more time,but I gave way to muteness. That day,you awakened a desire. A desire to want to be with you again. I thought I had moved on until that day. Only for you to crush the broken pieces of my heart and turn it to dust. Only for me to be remembered again that you I've totally lost. You're with someone else now. Now all I have is a paper and a pen,writing and drawing out the beautiful things we had then. To be with you or not isn't a decision that'd leav me on the fence,cause the former is always my defense. But as crazy as it gets, "US" can only be referred to in past tense.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...