Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Who Pays The Bills

Malawi

@ladyomah ur always on the defensive no one is pointing fingers @ you. I said some girls (no one in particular) not referring to you missy. :P

I have this feeling LadyOmah and Kushpuss will make a good outing.

Don't even think about it, they will argue through out the outing

Not a good idea

I'm always on the defensive? Admin we've got a stalker here

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: @stalker...smh.

one would need full body armour to accomplish that... :lol:

• 2 years later...

Who pays the bills guys?

My 2cents? The person whose idea it was to go out. This is prior to a relationship. However, once we start dating and shame/pride has been thrown to the wind, expect to hear stuff like "babe i want to eat Asun, lets go to the place. You are paying sha". Or "babe go and buy ice cream naa... With your money mellow.gifmellow.gif".

But really though, splitting bills with my SO makes me feel some how unsure.gif

• Moderators

I agree with that general dating etiquette. However, nothing is cast in stone for me. As the spirit leads usually. I tend to offer to pay on firsts then as we go along, whoever has really... the idea is for both get to a point where these things aren't a big deal.

• Administrators

I agree with that general dating etiquette. However, nothing is cast in stone for me. As the spirit leads usually. I tend to offer to pay on firsts then as we go along, whoever has really... the idea is for both get to a point where these things aren't a big deal.

Hmm, I do same but I am slowly learning that people take advantage of it. If I notice I am being taken advantage of...I am learning to say "split bills".

Yes, some people do take advantage it. Luckily I have never been with any of such people. In fact i think I have been one of them at one point. I didn't take advantage of her but i definitely didn't spend money in that relationship. She wouldn't let meunsure.gifbiggrin.gif but i was a student then, so its not as if i even had money to spend biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Let's look at this scenario. You are working and earning a lot and at the same time dating a student who still depends on a not well-to-do parents. A student who doesn't have money, not even a 5k part time job. As a lady, who is dating that student, what would you?

• Moderators

Hahahaha. You foot the bills of course but student should not be too particular about where she wants to go have the meals. Some may say the sheraton or nothing.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

• Administrators

Let's look at this scenario. You are working and earning a lot and at the same time dating a student who still depends on a not well-to-do parents. A student who doesn't have money, not even a 5k part time job. As a lady, who is dating that student, what would you?

Well, if that is the case, I will foot the bills. However, I did like to see the student try...like if she has N1000 and we go get a cold drink...she should attempt to pay or pick up small bills. It shows that she is ready to share d little she has...goes a long way for me.

Yes, it does go a long way.

Can i also add that the person i was dating was also a student? biggrin.gif but she was from money. Anytime i tried to pick up little bills like you said, she would absolutely refuse and it would end in a fight.

unsure.gifunsure.gif the relationship didn't last long though, wonder why...

Well, if that is the case, I will foot the bills. However, I did like to see the student try...like if she has N1000 and we go get a cold drink...she should attempt to pay or pick up small bills. It shows that she is ready to share d little she has...goes a long way for me.

Exactly, you said it all. Some will just take advantage of you like say you pluck the money from an iroko tree.

• Administrators

Sadly,that seems to be the trend with some Nigerian lesbians. It's all about what they can gain...

I wonder when someone girls would grow up. They do this to guys and still do same to their fellow girls. Haven't had such girls sha and I pray not to.

• 1 year later...

Different strokes for different folks.

Who pays the bills?? 

The one who asked for the date.

The financially buoyant one. (Even if you didn't ask for the date but you know you got more dough, my dear spend it)

I definitely have opened my wide big mouth to ask someone who worked in a multinational out on a date. In my mind eyes, we would just chill at KFC or something. Aunty decided on a restaurant at the island. My liver started to fail but good news!! She got all the bills even though I asked.

At a point with my ex, all our monies were mixed and intertwined so pretty much these questions didn't arise.

But still, no matter how rich your gf is, it's thoughtful to get the bills once in a while. It would mean a lot.

@Hawken your story just reiterated the reasons why I do not date girls richer than I am. I do not want to be anybody's social responsibility. Ewww. 

The one who asked for the date usually would pay. And one person shouldn't always ask the other out so it doesn't get one sided. Can't afford a date then buy something on your way back from school or work. All of them fulfill the same obligation, that you are thinking about that person. Though some people however are more generous or well-to do, still it is a good idea to go out of your way and do something for someone you care about once in awhile doesn't necessarily have to be monetary.. but as for the greedy part, it hurt very bad if someone tell you they love you so they can get something from you.. 

• Like 1