Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Who Pays The Bills

Malawi

It can be more challenging to meet potential partners, you might have to hide a relationship from your parents and friends, and going out publicly could expose you to homophobic reactions.

If lesbian and or bisexual couples go on a date, who pays for the bill? should it depends on age and the role in each relationship. would it be a good idea to switch it up a bit. Take Turns, one person pays one time, the other the next.

Or split the Bill, there is no shame in going Dutch. Plus, it's a great way to maintain equality.

Or the one Who Asks, Treats. Many women use the rule that the person who asks someone out on a date is the one who should be paying.

Well it depends on the kinda date, it's very logical for the one who ask to pay the bills but personally, I like going Dutch,if it's a first date, that's my thing. Then we can take turns afterwards or talk about it.

• Upvote 1

If you're gonna ask me on a date,be ready to pay. Then afterward,splitting would be fine.

hahaha, typical woman talk.. needy and immature, I perceive. u no dey carry vex money. hahahahaha

• Moderators

hahaha, typical woman talk.. needy and immature, I perceive. u no dey carry vex money. hahahahaha

Wow, it's neither immature nor needy. Its usually customary for the "asker" to pay on the first day.

Kushpuss I've got a right to my thoughts and opinions, if you ain't down with it,look the other way,pls.

Lol, ain't taking your rights missy. It's just typical

Lets do it this way , if a guy asks you out , would you expect him to pay or you'll pay? If he does, does that make you needy and immature.

I've neva asked a lady on a date n she pays... Never!..... U bera nt pick a place only expensive champaigns r served bcos i wil tel u upfront i wudn't pay, i'm nt realy sure u r worth it yet anyways .... But if u r, then i pay most of the time, we split sometimes...it just kinda arranges itself... Just yestaday,someone took me out 2 a 'fairly' expensive place n i insisted on payin the bill. And i did. Nowadays 'most' gurls r mainly in2 exploitation! Oh... One more thing, if am 5 yrs older, u r neva gona pay my bills o lol.. Meaning, no date number 2 for us! Eyaaah :-P

I've neva asked a lady on a date n she pays... Never!..... U bera nt pick a place only expensive champaigns r served bcos i wil tel u upfront i wudn't pay, i'm nt realy sure u r worth it yet anyways .... But if u r, then i pay most of the time, we split sometimes...it just kinda arranges itself... Just yestaday,someone took me out 2 a 'fairly' expensive place n i insisted on payin the bill. And i did. Nowadays 'most' gurls r mainly in2 exploitation! Oh... One more thing, if am 5 yrs older, u r neva gona pay my bills o lol.. Meaning, no date number 2 for us! Eyaaah :-P

Yimu, we get date number 2 oooo for that Amala joint oooooo. No forget

Lets do it this way , if a guy asks you out , would you expect him to pay or you'll pay? If he does, does that make you needy and immature.

Y he no go pay? He knows what he is getting himself into. And it doesn't. Mean am needy or immature. Its just the right thing to do. The "asker" has to pay the bills, but the "askee" should not be greedy, coz that makes one look like a beggar. My 50kobo

@mide, Lmao ooo, u no go kill me with laff jor! U no say u special na *wink* amala or not, whether u be 'asker' ,'askee' or 'asked' (LWKMD) ,I go pay jor! ..and na true o! E don tey wey i wack amala last o! Oya ping me the 'joint' wey we go block na! :-P

If a guy asked a girl out on a date, she always expects him to pay (typical) and most ladies always tend to be greedy, needy or immature about it, awoof!

Yea and the (askee) definitely is the one to pay (typical) but ever bend the rules. Very few ladies, never try to offer (not saying the one who took you out aint capable but a nice gesture wouldn’t hurt) and a lot tend to feel relaxed and see the other party (irrespective of the sex) as an atm.

@sleeky her terminology in the 1st sentence was heads on. And I quote “be ready to pay”. Wow, like you don’t plan for 4kups (no one is perfect). Some girls (not referring to anyone in particular) go out on dates and they greedily feast or maybe the bill gets a bit ova the top (lets say by 2k) and right as you said most girls are mainly into exploitation. Babe, they no go commot 5kobo from their pocket. Some may even go empty handed. That’s my point, always be on guard. Your first date might not go as you planned.

Yeah be ready to pay, it doesn't mean I'm gonna order everything in a restaurant or wherever. When you ask someone on a date,at least be sure to have at least a sufficient amount.

If a guy asked a girl out on a date, she always expects him to pay (typical) and most ladies always tend to be greedy, needy or immature about it, awoof!

Yea and the (askee) definitely is the one to pay (typical) but ever bend the rules. Very few ladies, never try to offer (not saying the one who took you out aint capable but a nice gesture wouldn’t hurt) and a lot tend to feel relaxed and see the other party (irrespective of the sex) as an atm.

@sleeky her terminology in the 1st sentence was heads on. And I quote “be ready to pay”. Wow, like you don’t plan for 4kups (no one is perfect). Some girls (not referring to anyone in particular) go out on dates and they greedily feast or maybe the bill gets a bit ova the top (lets say by 2k) and right as you said most girls are mainly into exploitation. Babe, they no go commot 5kobo from their pocket. Some may even go empty handed. That’s my point, always be on guard. Your first date might not go as you planned.

True

@kushpuss,eerrrrr...ok... Oya u and LadyOmah shuld confess oo! :-P Hehehehe...it's like there's more to this than meets the eye!. ;-).. Or lemme take both of u out n settle dis over a sparkling glass of wine (non alcoholic 4 me though) n hey,make una no worry, na me go pay ;-)...

Lol@sleeky. I have no suya(beef) wiv ladyomah, im just airing my thought out and looking for different opinions and that's exactly what I got. Thanks for the offer ;)