Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Ugochi and I

xenastar

Ugochi loves me, she knows that even though she can’t say it like I can. She is still so confused by what she feels, I hurt for her. I remember being confused like this. She says she would be lucky to have me as her life partner, I would be “perfect”… but she still holds on to being interested in men… but she doesn’t want us to stop cuddling or holding hands in public or stop saying “I love you”

I don’t want to push her, I think that would be the worst thing I could do… but I’m aching… I’m ashamed of how much I tease her sometimes.

We play the “what if” game a lot now.

“What if I kissed you?”

“I would be confused”

damn right, I know she’d be confused…

I’ve told her I couldn’t forgive myself for stealing her first kiss… and her answer to that was “I’d forgive you.”

I don’t know if she is.

Ugochi says she’d give me back to my ex if I wanted to go back to her. She worries about what will happen to me when she wants to get married. Kissing her legs or neck makes her uncomfortable…

I don’t want to hurt her… :( I want to be here for her to talk it out. But imagine my delight when she told me I had made her question her feelings?! Ugochi actually thought about being with me! Not just once… but once in a while!

The things that stop her? I think it’s her upbringing, her belief she’s straight (which she might be, maybe), and she “loves me to much to lose me that way.”

She’s just so… wonderful… I’d let her go if I needed to… for her happiness… I just hope she… chooses me… You know?

Last night, after a day of being so miserable, at Onuiyi road, nsukka Ugochi was worried… I set her down and we talked. No games, no jokes, no one else there to defend us from what we might say.

I told her how confused I had been the last year and a half, how much I hurt inside. I told her I love her, but enough so that I could not hurt the relationship we have. I want her in my life, I don’t care how… When she marries a man I’ll be right by her side. So on an so forth.

She listened very thoughtfully… She held me and let me cry. She told me she loved me… but just not that way, not right now… If her inner lesbian ever comes out she’s mine first… but for now we would just have to be happy being sisters. She said she didn’t care if I decide to be with a man or woman. She’d stay by my side no matter what. I couldn’t easily be rid of her. Even if I love her she isn’t afraid of me. She still wants to cuddle if I can handle it. If I make a move on her she’ll simply tell me not to again. She asked how she could help. I told her to keep writing her story. At least in her story I can love her openly…

I ache inside… but… I do feel better. This morning my eyes are swollen, but at least I don’t feel like crying anymore. She’s still asleep… I don’t know what’s changed with us and I’m a little scared… But the urges to touch her are mostly gone. I love her with all I am. I want her in my life more than I care if the sun even bothers to come up anymore… but she’s going to stay my dearest friend… and nothing more… I’m going to try to be more open with others… Try to move on but… It isn’t going well, I love her.

I don’t really want to stop loving her… And… she doesn’t want me to either…Ugochi is 23 years old in her final year :(

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Damn! So sorry hon! I know the feeling...and it hurt bad. What can we do but love against all odds anyways? Hang in there.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Not happening. I miss her though

Hi xenasexy is this the same Ugochi who leaves in Lagos? Strange!! She's serving currently somewhere in Abuja? Her naijalez name starts with a p. Well we need to compare notes cos I think we have a friend in common. Lol!!!

• 5 years later...