Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Your partner cheats when…

FlyJ

• Administrators

black-woman-on-the-phone-smiling.jpg

There are no hard and fast rules on dating and marriage but you can pay extra attention to certain ‘cheating’ pointers:

There is an attachment to phones

We are all attached to our phones; but if you notice your partner takes her phone when leaving the room every time, even if it’s just to go into the kitchen to get a glass of water, or into the bathroom, there’s a good chance your suspicions could be right.

Most of her Facebook friends are ‘hot’ girls!

This scenario is rather peculiar to all and the common excuse might be that those girls are all her friends. This may very well be a big lie. Such coincidences are rather suspicious.

Your partner suddenly has to work late every night

There’s nothing wrong with burning the midnight oil from time to time. However, if you notice your partner suddenly says she has to work late all the time on projects that can’t be explained or decides to ‘just crash at the office because it’s so late,’ you might want to start doing some investigating.

Your partner is too nice to you

This one is tricky, because it’s not saying surprise sweet gestures necessarily translate to cheating. However, if one or more points on this list ring true and your partner suddenly starts bringing you flowers for no reason or buying you expensive gifts out of the blue, she could be feeling guilty about something. Watch it.

She doesn't want to go out with you

When a lady doesn't ever want to hang with you, but prefers her friends and some unknown persons, something is fishy.

Your partner alters plans

Be alarmed if she starts cancelling dinner plans, texting that something came up, and can’t make your friend’s party after an agreement had earlier been reached.

Your partner suddenly becomes snappy and defensive

Sometimes, guilt manifests itself as irritability and paranoia. If you make casual comments to your partner such as, ‘Oh, I texted you earlier,’ and she lashes out that you are overbearing, annoying, or neurotic; you may want to look for other red flags.

Your partner makes you feel bad about yourself

If your partner suddenly finds ways to pick on you by criticizing things like your body, your job, your apartment; or perpetually nitpicking about your personality quirks, your clothes, or your beliefs, there could be another woman in the picture.

Source

Photos: Google

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came here yesterday and read the last two points my eyes where popped open and its what my ex was doing to me and it made me

Build a huge high wall of solid form around. It makes me so angry seeing people cheats and being sincere. A big thank you to who put all

All these point together bc am seeing wat I didn't see before. Thanks.

• Moderators

I only agree with the last two points, the remaining are things that are acceptable at some point in every relationship.

I wouldn't be alarmed if my partners has hot friends on her social media page, I am semi-attached to my phone, I change plans all the time (things happen), and so on.

The true and tried one that I have seen and heard work all the time is, if your partner has to take a bath every time they get home even before they hug you, that's a huge sign.

I like to bathe everyday immediately I step in my house to wash off everything about the day. I think some doctors do so too for health reasons. It'd be funny if someone suspected me of cheating for this reason.

I like to bathe everyday immediately I step in my house to wash off everything about the day. I think some doctors do so too for health reasons. It'd be funny if someone suspected me of cheating for this reason.

Loooool....they said if u didn't hug her before going to bathe then cheated. Meanwhile daftpunk were is simpl3, or did u refuse to hug her. She's been missing for awhile. Where did u hide her

Loooool....they said if u didn't hug her before going to bathe then cheated. Meanwhile daftpunk were is simpl3, or did u refuse to hug her. She's been missing for awhile. Where did u hide her

abeg no be me hide her, na her trutru honey hide her. Me I'm just a solo.

I don't agree with the phone part..

I don't agree with the hot friends. Besides why would you keep friends that are not hot. My friends are hot