Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Never loose hope!

Abystacy

A good example from the GAME OF CHESS (Game of Life) is that in the end, both the King and the Pawn go into the same box! 

There's really nothing to be boastful for- riches, beauty, intelligence, honor, fame etc. All is but passing away. What matters is how much we have impacted on others with these highly revered qualities. How many lives we have touched in some positive ways. Kind words matter. Good gestures look ordinary but it can add to another's life's span if given. It's a simple modest humility to reply texts and return compliments. Thank you goes a long way. There's never when "am sorry" is too late. No and Yes are honest responses to be given at every point in time. For instance one can say to another, "Sorry dear, I appreciate your kind requests for love and friendship but am not single at moment" or "Am taken" or "I don't think I like you so much but I ll try to understand you with time"... 

Over time I've discovered there is no absolute finish line for everyone in the race of life. Our tracks are different and our durations are different. The only thing we have in common is the same empire. For instance, one person graduates @ age 20 and struggles for another 5 years to get a job, another might graduate @ 25 and get a job immediately. One can marry a virgin and wait for the next decade to have the blessing of children, another lady probably after having series of abortions in her past, becomes a mother almost immediately after marriage. A fellow becomes MD @ 38 and dies @ 56, another becomes MD @ 55 and lives to 90.What a life?Life is full of twists, turns-ups and downs and many more surprises and disappointments. Life offers each and everyone of us different opportunities and once an opportunity is lost, it's gone forever except by the grace of God. It is up to each one of us to patiently prepare, wait, recognise and utilise every opportunity. We learn on the way. No one has it all or knows it all. There is a reason why we all don't fall @ the same time, It's so that when one is down, weak and discouraged, the other who is strong can encourage and lift the other person. God never promises that the road would be easy, but he promised never to leave or forsake us. Although life is complicated, let us learn to go easy on ourselves and trust that God is working it all out for our good (even if it doesn't make sense now). Whatever trials, challenges or down times we face, all shall pass and in due course, we will be up and strong again to lift up those who may be down around us. NEVER LOOSE HOPE... We all have a story to tell someday...

Thank you so much for this article. it has been enlightening and sobering. it has made me ponder on my life, how it has been till now and how it should be from now. Thank you .

As to "am sorry" not being late, I apologized to a friend of mine last week and she said that my apology had expired.... Lol....

The most important thing is that you have apologised for your error. However the person reacts to it is a totally different thing. advice: Give the person space and time to cool off. I'm sure that with time, it will become a fleeting moment.

Thank you so much for this article. it has been enlightening and sobering. it has made me ponder on my life, how it has been till now and how it should be from now. Thank you .

As to "am sorry" not being late, I apologized to a friend of mine last week and she said that my apology had expired.... Lol....

The most important thing is that you have apologised for your error. However the person reacts to it is a totally different thing. advice: Give the person space and time to cool off. I'm sure that with time, it will become a fleeting moment.

You're right. Dint really see it from that angle.

LOL

Nice one, but do people really practice what they preach?

No not everyone practises what they preach but that should never stop us from preaching you never know who you could end up helping... Take pastors for example, A pastor might preach n preach against adultery severally while doing it in his backyard but d preaching might actually help so many marriages, Lol just saying.... But there are people who actually practise what they preach