Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Live-in lovers : when things go wrong.

dequeen

The topic says it all. What do you do? how do you cope? I have some friends going through this now, one is confused cos the electronics are hers n another thinks of the matress, another says she furnished d entire house although the rent is not on her, another shared the rent and can't afford to pay another, yet another feels heartless about sending the other packing.

what's your take on this? what has been your experience? what was your experience like? Do you have friends that have done it? how did you view them? if given the chance would you want to live-in with your partner? and if you've done it before, would you want to do it again?

• Moderators

☝☝This illustrates why I would never with live with anyone until we are legally bond together. In Nigeria, since I can't get married; my name (and her name) has to be on house documents as joint owners. No one will kick me out of a house I legally own, if we break up; we sell the house or she's buys me out.

I have been staying with my gf for years.

if you love each other,then who buys this and that won't be a problem. you will play ur role and she will play hers.

how can u marry someone you can't stay with? yes issues will come but they won't last so long as you share the same bed and you guys understand and respect each others space.

if she is independent, and you guys are in a monogamous relationship(u don't cheat) then its just like staying with your sibling. Its actually fun and brings you closer

if you love each other,then who buys this and that won't be a problem. you will play ur role and she will play hers.

how can u marry someone you can't stay with? yes issues will come but they won't last so long as you share the same bed and you guys understand and respect each others space.

if she is independent, and you guys are in a monogamous relationship(u don't cheat) then its just like staying with your sibling. Its actually fun and brings you closer

My girlfriend and I love each other so much and we planning to live together during our service year so when that happens I'll come back to share the experience...I look forward to it biko...

• Administrators

Couldn't have said it any better.

• 1 month later...

My girlfriend and I love each other so much and we planning to live together during our service year so when that happens I'll come back to share the experience...I look forward to it biko...

lol yes we will live together and ill be a very good girlfriend to you, i will cook nice meals for you :D

The truth don dey come out those that act single are not o o o

some people were single when they said they were single and started dating afterwards so they weren't actually lying.

• 1 month later...

Naahhh, I love my personal space so much to want to have a live in lover. Highest you can do is come spend a few night, maybe a month and go. As long as I see an end in sight we are good. But when I'm stuck with you till God knows when? Nahhh I cant deal.

• Thanks 1

lol yes we will live together and ill be a very good girlfriend to you, i will cook nice meals for you :D/>

Are u her girlfriend?... Hahahaha..

Shalo is clear they are congratulations guys at least u guys have proven you can still find love here.

By Gods grace if I find that my UN job I will give make so u r posted to the same village for ur youth service. And I will u, ur dream apartment

Lol

Naahhh, I love my personal space so much to want to have a live in lover. Highest you can do is come spend a few night, maybe a month and go. As long as I see an end in sight we are good. But when I'm stuck with you till God knows when? Nahhh I cant deal.

On point. :D

Until recently i thought I was so chilled and could live with anyone. But really everyone needs their space now and then, I'll like my gf to live close by :P but not necessarily with me

• 1 month later...

Never been in a relationship with a live in love...mostly visits...

Wouldn't mind though..

Still I think it depends on who your with.

• Administrators

Never been in a relationship with a live in love...mostly visits...

Wouldn't mind though..

Still I think it depends on who your with.

Yes, it definitely depends on who you are in a relationship with.

• 4 years later...

I would only have this living situation with someone I'm engaged to. And I have yet to propose to anyone or accept a proposal.