Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

My sister-in-law is a lesbian, Should I tell my brother?

FlyJ

• Administrators

black-lesbian-couple1.png

Culled from a blog

I found out this past weekend that my brother's wife and mother of his two children is a lesbian and I don't know what to do about this information. Does my brother need to know? She had sex with another lesbian at a friend's house in Parkview (she's a reader of this blog so I want her to know that I know) and I don't know what to do with this information. I've suspected for a long time but my suspicion was only confirmed on Saturday. I don't know what will happen if I tell my brother but she can't continue living a double life, going to church every Sunday and giving advice like Mother Teresa when she lives a dirty, disgusting life. Try it again and see!

Source

Na wa o.

What do you ladies think? Should she tell or she shouldn't?

I understand that you dont want your brother to be hurt. But why are you describing lesbian relations as dirty and disgusting? After all arnt you on this site like she is? You might not be married and leading a double life but if you think your sexual preference is "dirty" or "disgusting" what makes you any better than her?

Although, I dont agree with cheating or lying to a spouse. I can understand where women like that are coming from especially those in strict religious countries, sometimes they are given no option. I think you should consider her side, also consider the fact that you might be breaking up a home especially for your nieces or nephews, perhaps your brother knows?

Dont be quick to judge, take a deep breath and think it thru. There are a lot of lives involved!

How did you find out that she had sex with another lesbian in a friends house,were you stalking her?If your sisterinlaw is a reader of this blog,it then means she is a member just like you...It also means that your sisterinlaw knows you are also a lesbians, i smell a rat..Are you crushing on her or for the fact that she is not into you is the reason why you feel she is cheating on your bro?i want to understand what u mean by saying a lesbians life is disgusting and dirty..Do you think if it comes out that you are a lesbian your bro is gonna pat your back or give a handshake please!! For the fact that she made out with a girl and not a guy should give you a relaxed mind..She is a lesbian and for that fact she is married does not change that.I know so many people frown at married women still making out with girls, can you blame them?In this part of the world if you are not married at a certain age hmmm...Mothers will begin a midnight prayer on your behalf.Am not in their shoes so i cant judge them..

Tactfully written, without being judgemental..especially of the sister. Inshort, comments closed.

P.S- Whether in this part of the world or not, any woman who marries another is a courageous woman!

Tactfully written, without being judgemental..especially of the sister. Inshort, comments closed.

P.S- Whether in this part of the world or not, any woman who marries another is a courageous woman!

LOL true very courageous indeed :D

Instead of writing it on a blog why didn't you just confront your sister inlaw. Sadly in this part of the world and other strict countries where being Gay is considered a crime this type of an issue isn't new and rare, there are so many men and women living in pretence hiding under the institution of marriage, most wanna leave but are helpless.. We all deserve to be happy don't we? We are helpless to how we feel, being a lesbian isn't disgusting, its as much as a lifestyle as being heterosexual is but then you wouldn't know that.... Just talk to her and sort things out.. Telling your bro will destroy his marriage..

Not her story to tell If I must say, some women are in this fake and pretentious marriage ish because our tradition and country frowns on homosexual act.

if she is married,I will talk to her about it and if it happens again will tell my husband.

however if she is single,wetin concern me.

But lol if she was my brothers wife for instance, I am calling my brother immediately.

• Administrators

True

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt tell, but wouldnt like her either. Double life indeed. Who says u cant remain single while running ur dyke shows? Gone are d days whn marriage was d ultimate for African women. so wtf? U are unhappily married to a man at d same time seeking happiness in d arms of a woman. Who is fooling who?

• Administrators

I wouldnt tell, but wouldnt like her either. Double life indeed. Who says u cant remain single while running ur dyke shows? Gone are d days whn marriage was d ultimate for African women. so wtf? U are unhappily married to a man at d same time seeking happiness in d arms of a woman. Who is fooling who?

I still find that marriage is the ultimate in Africa. Some women will take an unhappy home over being single and happy. Crazy.

I still find that marriage is the ultimate in Africa. Some women will take an unhappy home over being single and happy. Crazy.

M glad u added 'crazy' to dat, coz dats exactly wot it is. I sure as hell wudnt trade my happiness for any bloody treasure let alone MAN. Chukwu aju