Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

The Death Plan 2015

Abystacy

The incident of Potiskum children and others have made me to ponder deeply the games of politics. No, I do not know if it's proper to call it politics. Some of these evil men must have met to agree that "In war, there would be casualties". Yes! Casualty is what they called it. The perpetrators on top. So there is war going on between a two groups of evil. In one of my previous treatise I call them the "Undead" and rightly so because of their persistence in plotting the evil scheme that holds the whole nation sway. These two groups they exist. Some called them christians and muslims. But then, one cannot easily believe that assumption, given the recent peculiarity of the bomb victims which in most cases were either christians and muslims or otherwise. But in that meeting, had by one these groups, they agreed there must be casualties of war. The other group have charted their own agenda base on this assumed meeting held by their enemy. They have probably come to a rather obnoxious crude conclusions in their own meeting that "No matter what they do to forestall our 2015, we must not yield". So, wittingly or unwittingy, they are saying, too, these deaths of the innocents are "mere" casualties of war! So the game is on. This game is being played by these two groups. Or parties. Or religions. Or Zones. Call it anything you like. We watch and do nothing. Say nothing. This is what we have become over time. Dormant. Naive. Non challant. An argument was, "why is it that anytime the PDP wants to do anything of national importance, there would be "casualties"? Some people say the PDP is responsible. Some say the APC. Others say both! And like the game of chess we are being played. People die. Children and adults die while majority are maimed and handicapped for life. Yet we do nothing. Even while we watch! The puzzle is if we valued the exigency of the sacredness of human life, would we have the president lockdown the whole city to declare his intention for the 2nd Term today, barely 24 hours that we lost 47 Nasir, Aminat, Rufai, John and others to the cold hands of atomic death? In my candid opinion, none of these two groups of evil are competent enough to be my leaders. I have decided not to vote in 2015 or anytime until we have a good candidate who is party deviant, religious deviant and zonal deviant. A nuetral good tested and trusted elite who's willing to die for what he or she believe in- goodness of human life. We cannot sit and pretend that this is the last killing. As a matter of unfliching honesty, like Buhari once said, "there would be bloodshed", more of it from now to 2015 yonder. As a people we can dismantle these evil men. We can say no to both PDP and APC. We can say no to their parties flag bearers. Yes we can stop this only if we are not drunk in insanity and gullibility of mediocrity." I weep for Nigeria,Weep for Your Country"

Nigeria politics, a very controversial and yet an inevitably important issue. You raised very salient points in your post, with particular reference to holding our leaders answerable, who's to be blamed for the now regular massive civilian casualties, and shunning politics / leaders until a messiah comes calling etc.

But the truth is, for such a messiah with the interest of the common man to emerge in this nation, it will take close to two or more decades if there is anything like nigeria by that time.we have a very long way to go politically as a nation. The Nigerian polity is no longer for the common man, it's a privilege for only the super rich. Now think about it, to obtain ordinary nomination form for presidency is 27.5million naira, minus the campaigns oo, rallies, lobbying etc. Then tell me how a common man with the interest of his fellow common man partake in such politics, if not the crooks that have been looting this country since 1900! And more importantly, tell me how /why the person after winning will not loot the country dry to recoup his money first and make profits from his investment? Because politics in now a business venture with high roi. In OBJ's voice, I dey laugh, but at the same time I feel sorry for my country. Until politics is made less attractive financially, only then can the true leaders emerge in Nigeria polity and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

About who's to be blamed for the constant civilian casualties, personally, I will ascribe 45% of the blame to the opposition, 40% to the present administration and the remaining 15% to the masses (the insurgents inclusive) .

I said so, because, though I know this administration's performance is below average (I personally rate it 2/10), and the incumbent making careless statements like refusing to publicly declare his assets and blatantly telling us he doesn't give a damn when critiqued about it, telling us stealing is not corruption, declaring his second term ambition 24 hours after 49innocent students were killed, the subsidy brouhaha etc, is making matters worse, but then, the way the oppositions are fighting this administration, the way they are trying to unseat this man as if that's their only life target left so much to be desired. The campaign is to unseat the incumbent and not about good governance anymore.

The general(Buhari) who also happens to be the likely flag bear of the opposition made it categorically clear abinitio, in 2011 that should the incumbent be declared a winner then, that blood will flow and that he will make NIGERIA ungovernable for the incumbent. And worse, he dared the fg to arrest him if they've got the balls etc. Need I say he lived to his words, cos immediately afterwards, the insurgents became outta control, starting with the killings of tons of corps members while chanting his name, and this insurgents grows more teeth every passing second.

Not until this election, the opposition, especially the general has never for one day condemned this fanatics /bokoharam barbaric act of indiscriminate killings, rather they even support and sympathize with them. The funny part is, no one, not even the so called elder statesmen has for one day deemed it fit to bring in this man for questioning nor made any attempt to caution him.

Then, I asked myself, if this general without money and power thinks he's untouchable and above the law, then what will happen when and if he gets both(power and money)? That's why I prefer a civilian /democrat anytime.

Seriously I weep for my country.

My advice to any sane Nigerian is ready your passport, and prepare for the easiest route outta this country, come February 2015 incase the UN prediction of Nigeria's disintegration 2015 comes to fulfillment; cos the way this election is going, Hmmmm...nsogbu di oo.

• 2 weeks later...

Nigeria is at dat stage now..in d throes of death. Yet, the one man that cld make a difference places politics above lives. No national mourning. No televised presidential speech. Only a trite statement n election declaration soon after. Wat a country!