Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

This is LAGOS...

Abystacy

You enter a public bus, you in a hurry and may be got somethings you re thinking in your head, and the 3seater (four_seated though) bus is anything but comfortable, and the trafic is terrific, the sun is doing press up, adding to the heated car engine, the noise from broken car engine and the chattering noise from mad lagos street hustlers competing... And a sweaty bareheaded man from the back seat shouts "praise the masta Jesus!" and one or two or three passengers unconsciously mumbled "aleluya" And the man unsatisfied with the response says again in a rather warning voice "i say, praise God" and now, more passengers chorused "aleluyaaa!"...The conductor is angrily collecting his 100 naira and 150 naira if you re going to jakande and Ajah respectively. Me,am stopping at Ajah... And the conductor ignoring the preacher's voice is threatening "if you have no change, make you come down oo" But the preacher is more defiant than determined "brothers and sisters, i want to tell you that Jesus loves You.. and that hell is real. heaven is real. give your life to Christ now. for the bible sayz in john Three vs sixteen for God so love the world that he gave his only begotten son that who so ever beliveth in him shall never perish but have 'internal' life... heaven is real hell is real and unless you give your life to christ, am sorry for you brother am sorry for you sister..." all the while we are in that snailing hold-up and am wishing more to either disappear from that miserable condition than to stop the mad terrorist pastor. i wanted to stop him so bad... the driver had refused to turn down the volume of his blasting radio fm... the gala and lacasera and plantain chips boys are upon us all too, shooking their hands inside the bus from the windows... madness everywhere! i ran mad too! "please driver turn down ur radio or tell this man here to stop preaching. what's wrong with everybody today?!" obviously it was clear i was directing my outpour on the preacher because i cut into him "oga please stop or round off that preaching! heaven is not by force and hell is not by force too! cant you see how noisy this place is and you how... the pastor angrily cut in Come madam abi woman "if you want comfort, go and buy your own private car! hell is made for people like you. but this is your chance to give your life to christ or you will be sorry on the last day..." some passengers started to laugh. others were looking at me like "ohh, am sorry for you girl, this fine girl, she's a sinner... see her fine dress sef" "and she even pierce pierce her ear and wearing how many earrings..." The conductor stupidly added "fine girl, go buy ur own car, this is public bus!" the pastor was now cursing and pouring all the God's anger on me... and for a moment i felt that for everything i needed in this life, buying my own private ride should top the list! "Ajah!" "O wa!" That was how i got out from that "last day judgment" bus! Religious madness

I swear down, very funny indeed.And I was having serious migraine. its crazy

Lol. Real and witty. Anyone not accustomed to 'Life in Lagos' will be drowned out by it.

hahahaha!!!! I so enjoyed this. it was the first thing I read this morning and it served me a healthy dose of laughter.hahaha!!! Lagos always seems so dramatic to me. Lol... Take panadol ko?

• 1 year later...

Lol. I have even forgotten I about this. As I read it over again it actually very funny to me. But oh well today's madness is times 100 of the previous.

See as she pierce pierce her ear....

Funny phrase. But most of us get like that, we'd see a girl with 4 piercings on each ear in church and we'd start judging. Lol