Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Two Lesbians Caught In Anambra, Risk Being Jailed For 14 Years

FlyJ

• Administrators

The police in Ogidi Anambra state have arrested two young ladies identified as Chioma from Umudioka in Dunukofia council area, of the state and one Amaka for allegedly engaging in lesbianism.

The suspects, according to a police source, were caught while indulging in the unholy act in a beer parlour belonging to one of them.

Reliably gathered that members of the homosexuality and lesbianism family in the state have started mobilising lawyers to make sure that the two ladies and their other members currently in police net are not sent to jail.

It was further gathered that the lesbianism family are now mobilising funds from their members in other parts of the state ahead of their legal expenses.

Our correspondent learnt that the Ogidi Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Isah Mohammed has vowed to make sure that the suspects are jailed so as to serve as a deterrent to others.

It would be recalled that President Goodluck Jonathan recently signed into law a bill prohibiting gay and lesbianism.

One of the suspects who was interviewed,confessed to the crime, saying it was the handiwork of the devil. She said

“Please, one of my sisters is staying in her shop at Ochanga Market in Onitsha, and I don’t have her phone number off head. Please help me beg the police to allow me call her. I will never live in such dirty life again” She pleaded.

When contacted, Divisional Police Officer, DPO Mr. Isah Mohammed confirmed the story insisting that the matter must go to court.Mohammed however, advised any interested persons to go and wait for the police in the Court, adding that it is where they “can seek for the bail of the accused dirty ladies for their alleged actions.”

According to the Nigeria’s anti-gay law, the suspects risk 14 years jail term each if convicted.

Source

• Like 1

You reside in a country where being gay is a taboo and u are making out in a "beer parlor"?...seriously????;!!!!!...pls make it 28yrs imprisonment for them pls!!!..when in Rome..behave like a roman!!!

Can we even trust this "news"? It is unfortunate that many countries in Africa are deeply homophobic but I refuse to believe our ppl are so unaware of how much they are hated and just reckless with their affection. I call bullshyt on the story. I could be wrong but considering all the laws that are being passed in Gambia, Nigeria,and Egypt etc I would think they would be more cautious. Also, what if they are not lesbians but just being imprisoned bc someone wants to take their bar, or has some other grudge/thievery in mind?

Can we even trust this "news"? It is unfortunate that many countries in Africa are deeply homophobic but I refuse to believe our ppl are so unaware of how much they are hated and just reckless with their affection. I call bullshyt on the story. I could be wrong but considering all the laws that are being passed in Gambia, Nigeria,and Egypt etc I would think they would be more cautious. Also, what if they are not lesbians but just being imprisoned bc someone wants to take their bar, or has some other grudge/thievery in mind?

Take dia bar? #ROTFL#

NIGERIA is a shit hole apartment... now I feel pressed, I should go shit somewhere.

Pele. its still home. After spending so many year here, after all the memories, the laughter, the tears, the fights, the peace, the friends, the enemies, the boredom, the stupidities, after all these and more, No country in the world will ever be to me, home. My heart will always be back here , preferring to strive and live a better life here.

Pele. its still home. After spending so many year here, after all the memories, the laughter, the tears, the fights, the peace, the friends, the enemies, the boredom, the stupidities, after all these and more, No country in the world will ever be to me, home. My heart will always be back here , preferring to strive and live a better life here.

Hallelujah