Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Love me give me your password.

Abystacy

I have often heard people say that if you and your significant other love each other so much then there's nothing wrong with sharing your password with them. That is to say "Love me, then give me your password". I was arguing about this with few friends of mine over the weekend and they all have different perspective to it. Somehow same topic popped up on a blog today and i thought I'd bring it up.

There is something pure and romantic about the idea of sharing everything, and having no secrets from one another. I know many will see it as a sign of trust and a means to express their affection for each other by sharing their passwords to e-mail, Facebook and other accounts with their significant other. I once read in a book and it quotes

" Trust is an important bedrock for any relationship, but this isn't trust. This is mutually assured trust destruction. Intimacy comes from sharing selected private information with people, not giving them keys to your privacy kingdom". We all know that curiosity can be a very devastating emotion when you have access to a significant other’s account. Seeing more doesn't always reassure. sometimes having access to more information just gives you more to worry about.

Now ladies the floor is open for debate? what's you take on the matter? would you or not?

I give my phone password if I feel like, sometimes I don't, but that's the only password my girlfriend gets. I can't be changing passwords each time I have a breakup. Trust is following a person blindly. I think that's the true definition of trust.

I have often heard people say that if you and your significant other love each other so much then there's nothing wrong with sharing your password with them. That is to say "Love me, then give me your password". I was arguing about this with few friends of mine over the weekend and they all have different perspective to it. Somehow same topic popped up on a blog today and i thought I'd bring it up.

There is something pure and romantic about the idea of sharing everything, and having no secrets from one another. I know many will see it as a sign of trust and a means to express their affection for each other by sharing their passwords to e-mail, Facebook and other accounts with their significant other. I once read in a book and it quotes

" Trust is an important bedrock for any relationship, but this isn't trust. This is mutually assured trust destruction. Intimacy comes from sharing selected private information with people, not giving them keys to your privacy kingdom". We all know that curiosity can be a very devastating emotion when you have access to a significant other’s account. Seeing more doesn't always reassure. sometimes having access to more information just gives you more to worry about.

Now ladies the floor is open for debate? what's you take on the matter? would you or not?

I politely call the ‘bolded’ bullshit. That isn't love absolutely. I don’t give a hoot about someone else’s password nor do I think of it. Then, sharing mine is up to me.

I quite agree with the above assertion. Buh getting to that point in such relationship strongly depends on the amount of work both parties have put in. I dnt believe i have to put a password to let my partner know I don't want her knowing stuffs. If she respects u she would know her boundaries.infact for me password build my curiosity. If I want to know something I just ask.

Pple say, wot u dunno wont kill u, but I swear I like to know everything, so m good at snooping thru fones yet can raise fire n brimstone if u snoop mine. #lmao#

Password raises curiosity.. so true..

But c'mon we all got some skeletons in our cupboards n when ur cover is blown, trust me its better to run n hide ur ugly guilt stricken face than look dat partner of urs in eyes n see hate.

Dat said, yours truly wud nvr share password wid a partner, I mean I can luv u to shreds, but we gotta draw d lines there..

When I start a relationship,I start frm the scratch..i.e scrub out all the skeletons in my cupboard(s).

...start afresh n keep ur word....so yes u can hv all my social network passwords...

First you have to ask yourself what you're doing with someone who you trust so little that you need their password?

Find a decent person, who conducts themselves like an adult, who cares about you and your relationship not a high school minded little girl and there wont be any need for password exchange etc

You will already know each others schedule bc of the time you put in. You wont feel insecure bc there is no reason to. Does that makes sense? the way you are with each other everyday will make you trust that person. You know all their friends, they dont act suspiciously, they dont disappear, in a word they dont act suspect. Do that and no passwords are required

I can give my girlfriend the passwords to all my social networks on two conditions. If I really do love her n If she gives me the passwords to hers too... I won't ask her for her passwords if she doesn't ask for mine, I will prefer not having it sef because am very inquisitive there's no way I won't snoop around.. Trust has nothing to do with passwords to me because someone who really wants to cheat/mess around will do that without your knowledge even if you have the password to all her social networks and trust should have been existing between you two b4 you give her because you can't control the messages you receive. Giving your passwords to an extremely jealous girlfriend is like signing your death warrant. You will explain why the girl living down your street sent you a message that reads 'Hii dearie' LOL Goodluck o

Passwords are like used tampons. Never share it with another person no matter how much you love or trust them. Seriously ladies!

So you know one of the most common ways of outing in our communities is via an ex after a breakup? Please oh. That is how she will get your mother and everybody's number and after she outs you she will tell them the password and they will go through your phone.

Biko explain to any lover that your password is to keep the world out and not her specifically and if she insists, tell her that you'll give her your device unlocked when she wants to use it but you should never tell anyone your password (especially since we sometimes use 1 password for all our devices and accounts).