Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

How To Deal With Insecurities (Yours and Hers)

FlyJ

• Administrators

raven-symone-azmarie-700x325.jpg

Besides being amazing, most women have something else in common:

We’re usually self-conscious about our bodies. And if there’s one thing that’s true, it’s that it’s hard to enjoy yourself during sex if you’re busy worrying about what your partner is thinking about your butt (or thighs or tummy, or whatever other part of your body you don’t like).

One of the best parts of being a lesbian is that no matter how self-conscious you’re feeling, your partner, as a woman, can fully understand that pain. We understand that we all have issues, and we can have empathy about it. To make it better:

Communicate

If there are any parts of your body that you feel insecure or self conscious about, take time to communicate with your partner about it. She might be amazing, but she’s probably not a mind-reader. She won’t know to be sensitive unless you tell her.

Pick Your Partner’s Brain

Find out if there are parts of her body she’s insecure about as well. If there are, it could keep her from being completely uninhibited during sex. (Which isn’t fun for you or her.)

Create A Plan To Help One Another Feel Beautiful

Develop rules if you need to. For instance, if you’re self-conscious about your bottom, ask your partner to hold off from groping your cheeks for awhile (at least until you start to believe she truly does find them attractive).

Over To You

All in all, I always like to make sure that my girl feels beautiful at all times. I like to make it a habit to repeat genuine compliments. Obviously, don’t overdo it, but if you squeeze a compliment here and there enough times, she’ll start to believe it herself.

Nothing is sexier than a confident woman. It’s up to you to let your girl know how sexy she is!

Source

And ofcourse when I'm sleeping with someone, it's for a reason. Hence, any body-deficiencies they might have permanently fades into total invisibility.