Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Have faith!!!

FlyJ

• Administrators

cheating.jpg

Complete trust in your partner is a guaranteed way to enjoy your relationship. While it may be difficult to trust a cheating partner, the following tips will help regain confidence.

Acknowledge why you don’t trust your partner

Realising early enough why you do not trust your partner makes it easier to turn things around. These reasons may range from lack of contact, less calls, dwindling emotions, something someone else said or even your instincts. As soon as these reasons are listed, you can then begin to work on learning to trust your partner.

Communication

Keep the line of communication open and let her know what is going on in your life. Tell her things that are important and might be important to her. Discuss your fears and doubts together and together, you can rise above them. Don’t rely on email, phone calls and text messages to communicate with your partner. Spend time communicating face-to-face. Communicating in person will help each of you to build a greater sense of security as you become more open and vulnerable with one another.

Explore

Another way to build trust in your relationship is to test its boundaries. This means to try different scenarios, and new things. Be adventurous, daring and get to know each other. It is only then will you really know the core of each other and learn to trust each other.

Be open

Nothing destroys trust faster in a relationship than secrets. Be honest, open and upfront. Secrets require enormous energy on your part. That energy would be better utilised by building the relationship. Tell her who you’re texting and leave your phone unlocked.

Forgive

Remember that there may be genuine and non-harmful reasons for distrusting your partner. If you have lost trust in your partner as a result of one ugly incident or the other, learn to forgive. However, if your partner displays no signs of being remorseful, it is best to quit the relationship.

Have fun together

Have fun and go on romantic dates with each other. Engage in activities outside the bedroom. Happier relationships are ones in which there is a lot of room to move, a lot of laughter, and a great deal of trust. In fact, the more the trust, the tighter the bond you’ll create. The less trust, the more likely your relationship will end up laden with suspicion and dysfunctional behaviours.

Re-ignite the spark

A positive approach to things can make each of you take a happier approach towards each other. It also keeps away the fear of when the “next big crisis” is about to crop up. Brighten up your time together by indulging in small talks as a way of filling in the moments where you’re just spending time together in each other’s company, without expecting anything of one another.

Be trustworthy

Always keep your promises because trust goes both ways. If you’re not dependable you can’t expect your partner to be. If you say you’ll call her before bed, pick up the phone before you tuck in. That way, you will keep your promise.

Source

• Like 1

very nice tips.I'm a very open minded and straightforward person..like I don't need to even try because I was born this way.I communicate n ask directly wen I suspect infidelity...There's nothing I hate like a dishonest n unreliable person.Most of the above listed qualities r just me,yet people say I'm too principled or strict..na wa o.wat more can a gurl do?..lol.yea forgiveness is easy fogetting is wat takes forever for me...."trust" u either earn or loose it by ur actions n I tell u this upfront.yes no one is perfect but there r some flaws I cudnt just manage..choi !..this is the part where my friends say I'm too impatient or choosy..I guess its because I send the person's ass packing after a very short second chance.... lol...flyj thanks for posting this. :)/> p.s no second chance for cheaters.