Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

5 Reasons Online Dating Makes Sense For You

FlyJ

• Administrators

onlinedating.jpg

Online dating doesn’t seem to have the “negative” stigma it once used to have 10 years ago. Especially lesbian online dating.

Come on people! It’s the 21st century! Get on board!

Lesbians especially tend to use online dating because, let’s face it, we’re a sometimes rare and special breed! Not all of us have “LESBIAN” glaring in red all over our foreheads.

Well, I do.

But you probably don’t. Getting back to the point-

Some of my friends don’t understand why I (cute as I could be, of course) would need to “resort to” online dating to find someone (friend or girlfriend).

The truth is, there are a lot of reasons that going online makes sense for lesbians. The same could be true for you. For instance:

lesbian-online-dating.jpeg

1. You Live In A Small Town

If you live in a place where there isn’t a huge lesbian community, you might have a really limited selection of women to choose from (or a limited number of opportunities to meet them).

By going online, you’ll be able to connect with a much larger pool of girls, many of whom may be feeling the same way you are. (And, you can sort them by location to make sure they at least live within reasonable driving distance of where you are.)

2. You’re Shy

Some of us aren’t as outgoing as others, and that’s okay. If you’re a little on the shy side, you might find it more comfortable to get to know someone a bit in writing before meeting them face to face.

It’s a lot easier to ask those difficult questions (“So … you don’t have any weird bumps or some disease, right?”) when you’re not looking someone in the eye, so you can get everything out in the open without feeling awkward.

***. You’re Not Into The Bar Scene

I’m in my early 20’s. And yet, I have a hard time meeting women I really like or relate to at the local watering hole.

Going online provides a safe alternative to showing up at the bar, and makes it even easier to find other women who feel the same.

4. You’re Looking For Someone Specific

Hey, some of us are more picky than others. Maybe you’re looking for a fellow Asian woman, or a woman who is Jewish. Maybe it’s important to you to date women within a certain age range.

Whatever your issue, going online allows you to pinpoint your search so that you can find women who suit you and never bother with the women who won’t.

5. You’ve Got “Baggage”

Are you married? Confused? Have kids (not that kids are baggage)? Going online allows you to avoid the awkward moment when you spill the beans to your new girlfriend by allowing you to put your dirty laundry out there from the start, before you even meet someone.

Thus, you’ll know from the outset that whoever responds to your ad is okay with who you are. It will provide you a level of security and comfort, right from the outset.

What Doesn’t Make The List

Notice that “casual hookups” didn’t make my list of reasons to go online. And although I know they do happen on some online sites, I still believe in the sanctity of the lesbian online dating community.

Is that to say I’ve never hooked up with someone I found online? (Actually, I haven’t!) But many normal people like you and I have but didn’t necessarily intend to when meeting up.

Obviously, these aren’t the only 5 reasons to try online dating. But you get the point. Open up to different ideas and different approaches to meeting other lesbians.

Also on another note, be careful of creepers and weird guys who pretend to be women. It’s never happened to me before, but I have heard of these stories. Just be aware and proceed with caution.

Over To You

Have you ever tried online dating before? What was your experience like? Let me know in the comments below!

Source