Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

2015 General Elections

Abystacy

Nigeria Elections 2015

Jonathan faces PVC accreditation delay, rejected by *** card readers

Jonathan arrived with his wife, Patience at their ward in Otuoke, Bayelsa State at about 9:17AM to get accredited but had to wait over 30 minutes.

President Goodluck Jonathan at polling unit in Otuoke, Bayelsa

There was mild panic this morning March 28, 2015 as President Goodluck Jonathan was faced with some sort of dilemma upon arrival at his polling unit, when it reportedly took over 30 minutes to get him accredited ahead of the Presidential elections.

Jonathan arrived with his wife, Patience at Unit 13, Ward 39 in Otuoke, Bayelsa State at about 9:17AM to get accredited but faced a delay in the process.

The President patiently stood for over 30 minutes as the card reader malfunctioned. Three card readers failed to work, a fourth was produced and began working.

He left the polling unit with his wife and later returned to get accredited.

INEC officials arrived at 8:30AM - until Jonathan arrived, Channels TV reports that no one was accredited before then.

"I want to use the opportunity to congratulate Nigerians as we vote in a president. There may be issues, because this is the first time we are using this technology,” Jonathan said told reporters on ground.

"I had issues but it’s been sorted, I can't be a ghost voter (laughs), I'm not worried. There may be a delay but I encourage Nigerians to conduct a credible and peaceful elections. If I can endure, I plead with all Nigerians,” he added.

President Jonathan also said that he had spoken with the INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega to find out how the polls were going across the country.

In some other places like FCT Abj..Lagos ( lekki, Ajah and Epe and Magodo environs. The PVC card reader continue to be a major challenge..

Although the official are trying to make accreditation very easy ...

The big question is ...

What will then happen if the card reader continue to malfunction as voting will commences at 1pm?

And the INEC website has been# hacked. should Nigerians be concerned about this new development. #channelstv