Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Empire overtakes the Big Bang Theory as US broadcast TV's no.1 series

FlyJ

• Administrators

empire_fox.jpg

big_bang_theory_Logo-Aunt-Heather-Piper.jpg

Before Empire came on TV, the Big Bang Theory on CBS was the top rated series on broadcast television in the US. Well, not anymore. That title now belongs to Empire on Fox.

According to the final data released this week, Empire, starring Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard, surpassed The Big Bang Theory as broadcast television's no.1 series this season in the coveted 18 - 49 advertising demo.

Amazing stuff! Mostly black actors and produced by a black man, Lee Daniels. Kudos to them!

It's should. It was a detailed series. The cookie comeback was the height. I absolutely loved every bit of it. Jamal has the voice i must say. But Hakeem I loved his take. Nice one

Great acting, beautiful cast, I was particularly pleased to see AzMarie in it though i wished she was given a more significant role with more lines and more screen time... maybe in season 2 sha. But imo this series is lowkey over rated. Its nice but its over rated. At one point, I even started to get a Glee sort of vibe :rolleyes:

@hawken,errrrmmm....who is Azmarie pls?....my favourite star is Cookie,then jamal,Hakeem....Looking forward to season 2...love it! love! love it!

To be honest its a good show but at least with me I dont see it over taking Big Bang Theory. I love being able to watch a majority black cast which is why I tune in but the story is meh. Mainly watch it to see Cookies fine self

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...