Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What was your childhood dream?

Calllaris

Childhood dreams can say a lot about us, can also help us reconnect. Is your life, now different from your childhood dream? We all had them. Relive those dreams!

What was your childhood dream? (Job/ career or life style).

'I dreamt of being a cow girl, living in and owning a ranch and a truck, riding horses and wearing jeans, lumber jack shirts and boots. Coming into town once a month. (Really different from what it is now)

Enjoy.

I wanted to sail around traveling and do some sea fishing lol kinda still do

Cool, Milad, Iris, sure it feels good to live dreams. I still love horses and invest in livestock, the ranch dream still lives.

Suav and Divabj, you two have "acting" in common. Divabj my alter ego dreamt of being a celebrity lawyer too... One can have more than one C.D I believe. ( I have some legal background now though)

Suav and Divabj, you two have "acting" in common. Divabj my alter ego dreamt of being a celebrity lawyer too... One can have more than one C.D I believe. ( I have some legal background now though)

Well, if reading my friend's law textbooks count as legal training too, apart frm dt am just a thespian#smiles

The thing is i wanted to be a lot of things when i was young and it all depended on my current environment/situation. We had a soldier living downstairs so i wanted to be a soldier, if i followed my mum to the bank, i wanted to be an accountant(seeing them count all that money used to make my eyes "chook" and I'd fantasize for a while about carting them all away lool). To the hospice, a doctor. Whenever my mum's elder sister who was a trader came around, my life ambition was to be a trader. I even wanted to be a tailor for a while sef just so my mum would stop forcing me to wear those horrible "already made" gowns with matching hats and purses. I never wanted to be a pastor or a teacher although those are places I've been going to since time immemorial (I wonder why lol). Anyway, i however think my longest obsession was with planes. I really was fascinated by them and wanted to own one. Wanted to own or wanted to fly, I am not sure but i remember running out to my balcony every time i heard one fly over my house. And if i missed it, I'd be sad for a while. But not so much now, the very thought of getting on one of those things scares the piss out of me.

Ps The children of the soldier were absolute terrors and i wanted to be like them too but my mum was to skilled with her turning stick, and her belt and her broom for that :mellow:

The thing is i wanted to be a lot of things when i was young and it all depended on my current environment/situation. We had a soldier living downstairs so i wanted to be a soldier, if i followed my mum to the bank, i wanted to be an accountant(seeing them count all that money used to make my eyes "chook" and I'd fantasize for a while about carting them all away lool). To the hospice, a doctor. Whenever my mum's elder sister who was a trader came around, my life ambition was to be a trader. I even wanted to be a tailor for a while sef just so my mum would stop forcing me to wear those horrible "already made" gowns with matching hats and purses. I never wanted to be a pastor or a teacher although those are places I've been going to since time immemorial (I wonder why lol). Anyway, i however think my longest obsession was with planes. I really was fascinated by them and wanted to own one. Wanted to own or wanted to fly, I am not sure but i remember running out to my balcony every time i heard one fly over my house. And if i missed it, I'd be sad for a while. But not so much now, the very thought of getting on one of those things scares the piss out of me.

Ps The children of the soldier were absolute terrors and i wanted to be like them too but my mum was to skilled with her turning stick, and her belt and her broom for that :mellow:/>

Hahahahaha!!!!! Lmao!!!!

@Iris Lool not joking. And yep, I changed my name :)

@Dequeen You laughing huh? Instead of you to offer to pamper somebody for all the whooping she got as a child <_<

Dear Hawken, as long as you grew up on our African soil, the rod was not spared on you. my ordeals with the whooping are heart rending and I was a very obedient child, imagine if I was stubborn, o wait! my parents paid soldiers who came to our house and beat up my stubborn cousin. thank God I wasn't stubborn.

I wanted to have my own pokemons, be a Pokemon master, travel the world with them.

This is hilarious, honest.

Lmao I was quite stubborn and never in one place(I was a certified wakajugbe lool). Everybody thought I'd turn out to be a belligerent adult but alas I am the calmest and most obedient of my siblings now. My mum literally begs me to go out, asks me how I'll find a husband if I don't. Cracks me up all the time looool

Lmao I was quite stubborn and never in one place(I was a certified wakajugbe lool). Everybody thought I'd turn out to be a belligerent adult but alas I am the calmest and most obedient of my siblings now. My mum literally begs me to go out, asks me how I'll find a husband if I don't. Cracks me up all the time looool

Lol, we knw ur type, evrybody thought I was goin to be the craziest, turn out am the gentlest of my siblings..lol, thou still a bit....