Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Dos and don’ts for losing weight

FlyJ

• Administrators

Don’t skip meals: During the day when you’re active, your body needs calories and nutrients. Eating regular meals, including a healthy breakfast, may reduce impulse snacking, meal size and calorie intake.

• Limit meat consumption: Meat is a major source of fat – keep portions under six ounces daily.

Eat more servings of vegetables, fruits and whole grains.

• Don’t starve yourself: If you’re on a diet that’s too strict, eventually you’ll go back to eating regular food. Unless you’ve learned how to eat a variety of healthy foods and still lose weight, you won’t achieve long-term weight control.
  • Exercise regularly: Any exercise burns calories. To promote weight loss, exercise at a moderate intensity for at least 30 to 60 minutes on most days of the week. Walking is a good form of exercise.
  • Drink water: Drinking water with your meal can help fill you up. Drinking water also slows the pace of your eating – and people who eat fast tend to overeat.
  • Weigh wisely: Daily weighing can be a helpful tool for some people who are trying to lose weight or prevent weight gain.
  • Reduce stress: Stress can trigger overeating. Instead of turning to comfort foods, try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing or meditation.

Source

• Like 1

works like magic...takes time n consistency. u have to push urself.like 7yrs ago I ate myself into a size 16 from 10. after 1year I took my huge stomach ,booobs n ass to the gym n deflated myself to a size 8...people began to beg me to quit the gym lmao. I can't do without exercising ....now I fluctuate between 10 n 12 which is prefect for me. ..I'm a living witness biko ....it works ....plus kips u healthy.even after surgery one must continue with the gym to maintain ur size or else u r back to square 1.!...lol... :)

works like magic...takes time n consistency. u have to push urself.like 7yrs ago I ate myself into a size 16 from 10. after 1year I took my huge stomach ,booobs n ass to the gym n deflated myself to a size 8...people began to beg me to quit the gym lmao. I can't do without exercising ....now I fluctuate between 10 n 12 which is prefect for me. ..I'm a living witness biko ....it works ....plus kips u healthy.even after surgery one must continue with the gym to maintain ur size or else u r back to square 1.!...lol... :)/>

you've got will power, I'll give you that. I'd be more interested though in how you made it from a size 10 to a size 16.

works like magic...takes time n consistency. u have to push urself.like 7yrs ago I ate myself into a size 16 from 10. after 1year I took my huge stomach ,booobs n ass to the gym n deflated myself to a size 8...people began to beg me to quit the gym lmao. I can't do without exercising ....now I fluctuate between 10 n 12 which is prefect for me. ..I'm a living witness biko ....it works ....plus kips u healthy.even after surgery one must continue with the gym to maintain ur size or else u r back to square 1.!...lol... :)/>

you've got will power, I'll give you that. I'd be more interested though in how you made it from a size 10 to a size 16.