Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

heartbroken

Met a girl few months ago. i courted her for three months. Trying to show her i really cared about her and wanted a relationship and not just a hook up. After doing the deed twice she wouldn't pick my calls and wont allow me come over. its perplexing. the main reason for this is that having a relationship with a woman is not about sex its about falling in love and being best friends with this significant woman, quite disappointed in the way girls think being with the same sex is only useful for sex is sad. its much more than that

You're at a hard place. Being heartbroken sucks a great deal but you've got to move on. Hope that next time you'll both be on the same page before you take off on a relationship. In the words of Keri Hilson, "Sometimes love comes around and it knocks you down, just get back up when it knocks you down".

Here's a hug as a bonus**

@lusty, sorry but u just gotta move on, its hard but i guess its the next big and only option you have right now, just dont loose hope, the right one is gon come soon

It's always good to know that you are both on the same page with whoever before moving it to the next level. To her it's just sex and no hard feelings. Mistakes are made so we do learn from it to avoid making same mistake all over again.

@lusty, sorry but u just gotta move on, its hard but i guess its the next big and only option you have right now, just dont loose hope, the right one is gon come soon

Lusty wat diva said is the truth so sorry abt ur experience but sometimes why do we meet the bad ones a lot and why is very hard finding who is genuinely on the same page with u and who reciprocate same.

Lusty wat diva said is the truth so sorry abt ur experience but sometimes why do we meet the bad ones a lot and why is very hard finding who is genuinely on the same page with u and who reciprocate same.

@2pleaseu, we meet the bad ones so we can appreciate the good ones when they finally come around...we will just keep hoping and beleiving, till the dark,lonely days pass and they will

Am sorry about your experience.. In this side of the world , you will meet more and more women like that... most ladies parading themselves as lesbians in Nigeria are only interested in sex because they aren't thinking long term, they just wnna have sex, have more sex, experiment some more and get married to a man. It takes patience to actually find a lesbian who's interested in the real deal... It's advisable to get to know anyone you meet well enough, to know you both want the same thing relationshipwise to avoid something like this. You will find out soon enough that it gets better with time, you will be fine.

• Upvote 1

Spend time getting to know the person that means being friends, its gonna be hard especially if you're really attracted to her but this would solve the problem. I had recently went thru something similar.

I find it very odd most people think Nigerian lesbians just want sex. For me the reverse is the case. Most girls want to start calling you their girlfriend after chatting few a week and then UHaul you 2 weeks later. In fact my friend says once you smile at a lesbian in Abuja you are now known as a gf talk more of kiss or shag. Maybe we should switch where we meet girls huh?

Spot on.

Most girls in here are guilty of that. I actually believe thats basically there reason in here. it's takes time to build some time lasting. And more time for it develop into something more meaningful. Whatever the case may be. Sex and relationship are two different things.

I find it very odd most people think Nigerian lesbians just want sex. For me the reverse is the case. Most girls want to start calling you their girlfriend after chatting few a week and then UHaul you 2 weeks later. In fact my friend says once you smile at a lesbian in Abuja you are now known as a gf talk more of kiss or shag. Maybe we should switch where we meet girls huh?

Am sorry about your experience.. In this side of the world , you will meet more and more women like that... most ladies parading themselves as lesbians in Nigeria are only interested in sex because they aren't thinking long term, they just wnna have sex, have more sex, experiment some more and get married to a man. It takes patience to actually find a lesbian who's interested in the real deal... It's advisable to get to know anyone you meet well enough, to know you both want the same thing relationshipwise to avoid something like this. You will find out soon enough that it gets better with time, you will be fine.

True talk

• 2 months later...