Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

when the wrong one loves u right..

After five years of being in and out of a relationship wif ur partner, and find out d feelings u once shared is no more there on ur path, buh ur partner keeps loving u, irrespective of d faults and errors from u.. Would u reciprocate out of sympathy.. If u were in my shoes, what will u do?

No I won't stay with someone out of pity .Basically that would be living a lie. You both need to be true to each other, the question is are you willing to work it out or not, If you are not willing to change then you are not willing to work it out. Again, to me willing to work it out is far greater then being in love. But if at the end you still feel the same way. There's no love, no communication, nothing to keep the relationship alive than staying out sympathy, that is just plain cruel. The best thing to do is to break it up. Regardless of how bad it may seem or how bad you feel, especially to the person at the receiving end. Love is not "Akamu" its either there or not. break ups happen for a reason. For the right reasons, it doesn't mean you hate her, it means you respect her enough to want best for both of you. That she deserves to be loved completely. If you can not offer her that, the least you could do is to offer her your sincerity , So don’t stay because you’re afraid of hurting her. In the end you are both doing each other a favor by leaving room to be loved the way you both deserve.

• Upvote 1

Ts better u tell her d truth, because while u keep loving her outta pity, u are also wasting u both's time as well, as much as d truth hurts, there is a peace that comes with it.

Thanks y'all.. Ur replies ar very helpful.. Just noticed everyone is sayin almost d same thing.. So I'll work on saying the truth 2 her

just find the most soothing way to be honest with her.Don't tell her u can just be friends since u don't feel the same way right now.Let her go completely and become friends when she's over u. Time heals .

• Upvote 1

Please let her go completely. You can't reciprocate love by sympathy, that's not love, you will just be deceiving yourself and her and you both won't be happy. I suggest you tell her the truth, tell her you don't feel the same way anymore . Will she be very upset and hurt? Yeah but she will be more hurt if you don't let her go now. The earlier you d let her go, the better... if she loves you that much then it's best you stop being friends with her for a while till she's strong enough to handle being just friends with you . Trust me, offering her friendship now will only make things worse, she won't move on and you won't be able to move on as well.

• Upvote 1

Love can be so silly a times . you know what you should do, your logic tells you and your friends advice you because they speak from their logical side but its still hard for you because in love, its your emotions that decide.

if its the right decision to make , why is it so f***king hard to implement?

Me just thinking out loud.

Sorry for derailing your Topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hy everyone,

My story just changed a lil bit..

You know, I thot she was all sooooo good afterall

The feelings came back, I started fallin in love again, and realized I was not right afterall by having different aquintances apart frm her.

Buh the shocker is that she also had female aquintances outside, she's givin them d green light like she likes them too, and also I recently discovered that she had an intimate affair with a friend of mine, one time we broke up. They both kept it a secret from me, even when I found out, she was still denying.

And this is soooo hurting bcos I trusted both of them.. And I dint hesitate to admit my faults and errors, buh it took ha time to tell me d truth..

Now I'm in love, its good girl gone bad.. She still claims she love me and all, that she dint want to hurt my feelings that's y she denied.. Buh I don't know what to believe anymore.

Its crazy ryt now...

love grows. Except you are completely sure that you want to leave the relationship. you cant break up with someone you dated for five years simply because you feel you no more love her. it might just be a phase, one you guys can go through together. its normal you get so used to someone as start feeling theres no more love,every relationship takes hardwork from both parties. I would say work things out,give yourself sm space,spice up your relationship,talk to her about how you feel cause if you guys hv been together for that long and shes a good girl then it will be ur loss in the end.

Dear dreamgal, pls kindly read my last comment on my story, bcos d whole gist have changed.. I recently found out she had an intimate affair wif my friend, and de both kept it a secret frm me.. Even wen I found out, she kept denying.. Now I'm in a topsy-turvy bcos I'm in love wif her again..

• 3 weeks later...

Hy everyone,

My story just changed a lil bit..

You know, I thot she was all sooooo good afterall

The feelings came back, I started fallin in love again, and realized I was not right afterall by having different aquintances apart frm her.

Buh the shocker is that she also had female aquintances outside, she's givin them d green light like she likes them too, and also I recently discovered that she had an intimate affair with a friend of mine, one time we broke up. They both kept it a secret from me, even when I found out, she was still denying.

And this is soooo hurting bcos I trusted both of them.. And I dint hesitate to admit my faults and errors, buh it took ha time to tell me d truth..

Now I'm in love, its good girl gone bad.. She still claims she love me and all, that she dint want to hurt my feelings that's y she denied.. Buh I don't know what to believe anymore.

Its crazy ryt now...

Well first and foremost..I must commend your bravity in sharing your issues with everyone, somehow it is through this medium , some people learn to handle their issues.

Now to respond to your story..its really a pity that you got yourself caught up in the Web of dishonesty . But my advise is if you can't forgive and forget the mistakes and return back to the relationship ...then loose it and let it go, so that you don't pretend all is well and subsequently raise it up in one of your misunderstandings. However try and remind yourself why you first fell in love with her, she made a mistake while you guys were apart and that is not unfaithfulness but she messed up when she didn't disclose it to you when she had the opportunity. So try and forget her faults. To err is human , to forgive is divine.

• 1 month later...

I say let it go too..

give yourself time to heal..cry if you must, but let it go

Most times we hang on because we are not sure if we will find love again... Love as good as we had it or even better.... But trust me there is love out there...

Try catching some fun in the mean time and while you're at it (fun) you'll find love.