• Funmilayo Comfort Arewa
  • Stephen Sackitey
  • Okletey Biko
  • Joy Chukwuma
  • Olanma Pearl Awa-Agwu
  • Amma Korantema Kumi
  • Richie Tay
  • Tejiri Odjighoro

are the contestants that entered the academy seamlessly.

Deinde Okubajo and Emmanuel Amos Anderson were the two chosen to go into the academy.

I am loving Tejiri and Pearl so far. Any favorites?

The favorite of the twins Pearl I like. And Anderson he blew me away with his vocals on sunday and Jennifer such a voice from the young girl.. remind me of Chidinma ikedike...

• Administrators

The favorite of the twins Pearl I like. And Anderson he blew me away with his vocals on sunday and Jennifer such a voice from the young girl.. remind me of Chidinma ikedike...

Anderson is a real gem the guy can sing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

profame.gif

Project Fame: All contestants on probation

DEcked out in monochrome outfits, the remaining 14 contestants at the MTN Project Fame West Africa contestants opened the show with a medley of New Edition’s ‘Can you stand the rain’ and Michael Jackson’s ‘Human nature’ last Saturday. This group performance was a tribute to the victims of the Ebola epidemic in West Africa, and a special dedication to late Dr. Stella Adadevoh, and all Nigerians who lost their lives in trying to curtail the spread of the virus, praying for the repose of their souls. - See more at:

The battle to remain in the Academy then began as the contestants (Chike, Oluchi, Deinde, Tejiri, Richie, and Ruby) who had been placed on probation the previous week stepped on the stage one after the other to perform again.

Tension began to mount after the performances, when the hosts welcomed a representative of Alexander Forbes consulting, who presented the envelope containing the name of the contestant with the highest viewers’ votes. Chike was revealed to have been saved by West Africa.

The Faculty on the other hand saved Oluchi. It was then time for the contestants that were not on probation to save another contestant via their votes. Interestingly, their votes ended in a tie, which was later broken by Chike when he was asked to save a contestant. He decided to choose Deinde.

At this point, Tejiri, Richie, and Ruby had to say their goodbyes. Their parting words were full of appreciation to the Faculty, Judges, and the platform as a whole. They each performed for the last time with Tejiri performing ‘Kissing’ by Yemi Alade, Richie- ‘Daniella whine’ by Patoranking, and lastly Ruby- ‘Woju’ by Kiss Daniel.

Following the evictions, the remaining eleven contestants were all set to dish out ‘Naija hits’ for everyone’s listening pleasure. Having delivered interesting and energetic performances in a bid to escape probation, it was time for the Judges to release their verdict for the night. And in doing this, they started by commending the efforts the contestants put into their performances, acknowledging the good works the Faculty have been doing. But because it is a competition to induct extraordinary artistes, they decided to put all of the eleven contestants on probation to bring out the best out of them.

Omg! And Anderson is back! thank you Project Fame! West Africa is watching, we recognize talent and we are glad you listen to Us.The hashtag #bringbackAnderson that went viral yesterday was superb. Who else can sing One direction song-story of my life better than Anderson. I'm happy west Africa recognizes raw talent.... not just some of those contestants shouting and calling it singing. Thanks to the judges for using their Veto power to mend the wrong....now I can happily enjoy more of that beautiful talent Welcome back Anderson. ..

Disappointed really. Wow I'm speechless. The boy murdered the song. The song is my favorite and I can proudly say that Anderson sang it better the five of one direction put together. The best performance in the history of project fame.

• Administrators

Omg! And Anderson is back! thank you Project Fame! West Africa is watching, we recognize talent and we are glad you listen to Us.The hashtag #bringbackAnderson that went viral yesterday was superb. Who else can sing One direction song-story of my life better than Anderson. I'm happy west Africa recognizes raw talent.... not just some of those contestants shouting and calling it singing. Thanks to the judges for using their Veto power to mend the wrong....now I can happily enjoy more of that beautiful talent Welcome back Anderson. ..

Yea, Anderson didn't deserve to go at all. He is a good singer and he should be there till the end.

This is the direct link maybe you watched the wrong one... then we can revisit this conversation afterwards.

l watched his goodbye presentation, apparently. Couldn't find the original anywhere online.

• Administrators

l watched his goodbye presentation, apparently. Couldn't find the original anywhere online.

This is the original. His goodbye is different.

Yeah it's different. l found that the video above is his comeback. l'm not watching this season but from the comments on YouTube, Anderson is a huge favourite. (I found these ones funny):

"I have fallen sick already. I can't get over it. I hate this damn season".

"So this guy had to leave? Mtn project fame should be sued, l swear".

"Assuming these guys didn't bring him back, l would have stopped watching the show".

"Omg, l just died. Thank you project fame for bringing him back. I take back all my nasty comments"

"Jesus is Alive!"

(The comments on youtube reflect the awesomeness of the original, l guess).

It's very clear that the judges clearly have a favorite which is Jeff. Arewa is good but sometimes she over does it. Pearl is just but a shadow of her old self. Joy is just I just don't know how to qualify her. Oluchi is an angel to watch. Ada is just not one of my favorites. Deinde is good I like his voice but Chike is a perfect gentleman with an awesome voice and a very lovely smile should be there till the end. Although some believe that Anderson is not really that "marketable" in terms of music industry that's to me is too Lame. Mtn project fame is about Talent. And Talent is what i hve seen so far in that Boy. I also think the contestants should not be given the room to vote. They will definitely want to choose the least threat to them from what i have seem so far. Chike, Oluchi, Arewa, Anderson and maybe between Jeff/ Deinde should be there till the end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Jeffrey wins 2015 MTN Project Fame

2.jpg

18-yr-old Jeffrey Akoh has emerged the 2015 MTN Project Fame winner.

The young talent won 5 other finalists to emerge the winner of the 8th season of MTN Project Fame.

Jeff is a Sound Engineering graduate from the SAE Institute, Cape Town and has consistently wowed judges and the audience by going all the way in each of his performances. He joins the likes of Iyanya, iMike, Ayoola, Chidinma, Monica, Olawale and Geoffrey as a Project Fame superstar.

Third runner up in the competition was Ada, with second runner up being Anderson and Pearl being the first runner up.

His musical influencers are Chris Brown, Lawrence Flowers, and Kim Burrell. Jeff receives the grand prize of N5 million, an SUV and a recording contract.

Pearl Olanma Awa-Agwu secured a 2nd place finish, she receives a car and N3 million. Anderson Emmanuel Amos finished in 3rd place, he gets a car and N2 million. In 4th place was Adanoritsewo “Ada” Gold Tosanwumi and she receives a N2 million prize.

Source

• 4 years later...
  • Administrators
On 9/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, Txunamy said:

Why did project fame end? 😢 one of my favorite reality show. 

Like no kidding. Recession maybe? 😋