Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Hillary remains the person to beat

Calllaris

412x247xHillary-Clinton.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CrP-f6JS5C.jpg

Link: http://www.vanguardn...person-to-beat/

WHEN Republicans last week held their kitchen-table “debate” for candidates who did not make the top ten in the polls according to Fox News that hosted and televised the event, you would have thought the occasion was specifically designated as a bash-Hillary Clinton affair. Later the same night when the top ten candidates virtually traded insults among themselves, their common theme was how to mount a serious attack at Hillary Clinton’s bid for the US presidency.

From Donald Trump who dominated discussions, to Ben Carson, the only African American candidate on the stage who at one point wondered if the Fox News panel of moderators forgot about him, all but two of the candidates tried hard to demonize Hillary and inadvertently paid her tribute as the person to beat in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. The only debaters who avoided the name “Hillary Clinton” were Chris Christie, governor of New Jersey and Ohio governor John Kasich.

Here is the post-debate analysis by the National Public Radio (NPR), regarding the “Hillary Clinton” phenomenon during the debate. According to NPR, “Trump got the most call-outs from his fellow GOP hopefuls, but the five times Trump was named by others onstage paled in comparison to the number of times candidates mentioned Democratic primary front-runner Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama. Candidates mentioned Clinton or Obama a combined 44 times, according to our count.

The debate nearly flew off handle when one of the candidates brought up the idea that Trump had in past given money to the Clinton campaign as well as to the Clinton Foundation. Trump did not deny making the donations and went ahead to say that in return, the Clintons were prominent on the guest list at his wedding.

The truth is that Trump and the Clintons have been friends for decades. Last week, it emerged in the news that Trump had called Bill Clinton before he announced his intention to run for the presidency under the Republican banner. President Clinton allegedly returned the call. And that information set the news media abuzz about the purpose of the call. The political rumour mill is full of suggestions that Trump is indeed a mole in the Republican camp; that he is being set up by the Clintons to divide the party in order to pave way for a Hillary victory.

These suggestions about Trump’s real interest in running for office were not defused when, during the debate, the moderators wanted the candidates to pledge that none of them would run as an independent candidate if not nominated as the Republican Party’s choice. Only Trump raised his hand in objection to the pledge. He maintained that he was not ready to make that commitment now, to the chagrin of the moderators and his co-contestants.

That stance has fueled the rumour that Trump got into the race as a spoiler for the Republican Party because by running as an independent candidate, he will chips off the party’s votes and indirectly hand over victory to Hillary.

Ordinarily, the GOP political machine is quite adroit as finding a way to ease out candidates who might pose a danger to the party’s electoral victory. One of the ways to do so is to subtly impress upon donors to cut off money for that candidate’s campaign.

But, Hillary remains the focus of the Republican Party. According to a (July) report by Real Clear Politics which calculated the average of six national polls that pitted Hillary Clinton against top Republican candidates, she will beat each one of them in the 2016 presidential election.

Presidential electionHere is what the report shows about Hillary vs Bush (47.2 – 43.0); Hillary vs Walker (47.8 – 41.2); Hillary vs Trump (51.8 – 37.0); Hillary vs Rubio (48.0 – 41.4); Hillary vs Paul (46.8 – 41.***); Hillary vs Cruz (48.*** – 40.7); Hillary vs Huckabee (48.*** – 40.***); Hillary vs Carson (48.*** – 38.0); Hillary vs Christie (50.*** – 39.0); Hillary vs Kasich (48.5 – 39.5).

There is no denying the fact that the Republican Party is far more worried about Hillary than any of the Democratic Party candidates. They must be counting on their luck for Hillary to falter somewhere along the campaign route so that they can pounce on, and discredit her. Seeing no tangible area to attack Hillary, Republicans, both those running for office and those in and outside Congress, are struggling to dig up dirt against her.

Two issues are frequently used as bullets in their political armory. One is the Benghazi affair where they want to link Hillary with culpability over the death of four US diplomats when some bandits and terrorists invaded the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, in 2012.

The next “hot” issue is about Hillary’s use of her private e-mail system for official work when she was secretary of state. Republicans are insisting that Hillary’s use of her private e-mail system is the equivalent of treason, and have vowed to make this a big issue in the 2016 presidential campaign. And, Fox News, which you can arguably call the media wing of the Republican Party, is also at the forefront of promoting and publicizing all forms of calumny aimed at bringing Hillary down to her knees. And, poll after poll, especially those commissioned by or are associated with conservatives, are bent on showing that Hillary has a huge problem of trust among American voters.

There is no doubt that Hillary is the main obstacle on the Republicans’ march to the White House in 2016. That is why the party is doubly incensed that Donald Trump is making the issue of beating Hillary more complex than it should be, as it is not wise to simultaneously fight Trump and Hillary and hope to have an easy ride to the White House.

• Downvote 1

Mr Trump is a disgrace to watch with that his rooten attitude. He should stick to his business. He's not a political person to say the least. He's simply a douche.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, LTNS.

Well it would be sad if they played the gender card on Hillary, who really needs to show us more fire to prove her aptitude for the first job. Yet if she gets the endorsement and the support she needs from the president and the democratic voters, she will emerge as the dem's nominee

It really seems something else is brewing in the dem's upper room:

"And I think that should give you some sense of president’s view of Vice President Biden’s aptitude for the top job,.....

....The president is not “torn” over the issue, as running for president is an “intensely personal decision....

....I’ll just say that the vice president is somebody who has already run for president twice. He’s been on a national ticket through two election cycles now, both in 2008 and in the re-election of 2012......

.....So I think you could make the case that there is probably no one in American politics today who has a better understanding of exactly what is required to mount a successful national presidential campaign” than Biden.

(US Press Secretary Josh Earnest said at press briefing yesterday 'Aug 24)

I don't know, Bernie Sanders looks pretty good and might shock Hillary...

• Downvote 1

• 1 year later...

More than a year after and it seems Hillary is still on top of her game, as the first of the three US presidential debate happened.

At the debate, Hillary seemed more on track and 'presidential' as would be expected of a future president. The former US secretary of state, though not a stranger to the big stage exuded a natural confidence and appeared forthright without being overly aggressive. She also stayed on the topic as questions were asked

When Trump accused her of hiding 30,000 emails on a private server, she admitted her mistake. A president should be accountable for heir actions.

When Trump accused her of helping to sow the seeds of Islamic State (IS), she didn't bat an eyelid. Clinton remained restrained despite Trump's obvious baiting.

The billionaire tycoon turned presidential hopeful (who most people think mistakenly found himself in the race) on the other hand turned in a rather abject performance on this count. A president should remain measured, calm and in control. Trump appeared to be none of these things during the debate.

He seldom answered the questions moderator Lester Holt threw at him, he often repeated himself, and very often talked himself and his business success up.

Clinton made many clear points on various other aspects the debate veered; foreign policy, race/ policing bias, gun control, bitherism, cyber attack, security, tax etc

Trying to Summarize trump's agenda seemed only like "A promise by a mega-rich white male that he can 'make America great again''. He kept saying this.

The pivotal moment of the debate in my opinion was when Clinton said: "Just listen to what he is saying".

She insinuated Trump was basically shooting himself in the foot by simply taking the stage and opening his mouth.

Another great moment was when moderator Lester Holt asked Trump about his earlier statement that Hilary doesn't have the looks to be president.

HOLT: Mr. Trump, this year Secretary Clinton became the first woman nominated for president by a major party. Earlier this month, you said she doesn't have, quote, "a presidential look." She's standing here right now. What did you mean by that?

TRUMP: She doesn't have the look. She doesn't have the stamina. I said she doesn't have the stamina. And I don't believe she does have the stamina. To be president of this country, you need tremendous stamina.

HOLT: The quote was, "I just don't think she has the presidential look."

TRUMP: You have -- wait a minute. Wait a minute, Lester. You asked me a question. Did you ask me a question?.....You have to be able to negotiate our trade deals. You have to be able to negotiate, that's right, with Japan, with Saudi Arabia. I mean, can you imagine, we're defending Saudi Arabia? And with all of the money they have, we're defending them, and they're not paying? All you have to do is speak to them. Wait. You have so many different things you have to be able to do, and I don't believe that Hillary has the stamina.

HOLT: Let's let her respond.

CLINTON: Well, as soon as he travels to 112 countries and negotiates a peace deal, a cease-fire, a release of dissidents, an opening of new opportunities in nations around the world, or even spends 11 hours testifying in front of a congressional committee, he can talk to me about stamina.

(APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: The world -- let me tell you. Let me tell you. Hillary has experience, but it's bad experience. We have made so many bad deals during the last -- so she's got experience, that I agree.

(APPLAUSE)

But it's bad, bad experience. Whether it's the Iran deal that you're so in love with, where we gave them $150 billion back, whether it's the Iran deal, whether it's anything you can -- name -- you almost can't name a good deal. I agree. She's got experience, but it's bad experience. And this country can't afford to have another four years of that kind of experience.

(APPLAUSE)

CLINTON: Well, one thing. One thing, Lester.

CLINTON: You know, he tried to switch from looks to stamina. But this is a man who has called women pigs, slobs and dogs, and someone who has said pregnancy is an inconvenience to employers, who has said...

TRUMP: I never said that.

CLINTON: .... women don't deserve equal pay unless they do as good a job as men.

TRUMP: I didn't say that.

CLINTON: And one of the worst things he said was about a woman in a beauty contest. He loves beauty contests, supporting them and hanging around them. And he called this woman "Miss Piggy." Then he called her "Miss Housekeeping," because she was Latina. Donald, she has a name.

TRUMP: Where did you find this? Where did you find this?

CLINTON: Her name is Alicia Machado.

TRUMP: Where did you find this?

CLINTON: And she has become a U.S. citizen, and you can bet...

TRUMP: Oh, really?

CLINTON: ... she's going to vote this November.

TRUMP: OK, good. Let me just tell you...

(APPLAUSE)

HOLT: Mr. Trump, could we just take 10 seconds and then we ask the final question...

TRUMP: You know, Hillary is hitting me with tremendous commercials. Some of it's said in entertainment. Some of it's said -- somebody who's been very vicious to me, Rosie O'Donnell, I said very tough things to her, and I think everybody would agree that she deserves it and nobody feels sorry for her.

But you want to know the truth? I was going to say something...

HOLT: Please very quickly.

TRUMP: ... extremely rough to Hillary, to her family, and I said to myself, "I can't do it. I just can't do it. It's inappropriate. It's not nice." But she spent hundreds of millions of dollars on negative ads on me, many of which are absolutely untrue. They're untrue. And they're misrepresentations.

And I will tell you this, Lester: It's not nice. And I don't deserve that.

But it's certainly not a nice thing that she's done. It's hundreds of millions of ads. And the only gratifying thing is, I saw the polls come in today, and with all of that money.....and on and on he rolled

HOLT: One of you will not win this election. So my final question to you tonight, are you willing to accept the outcome as the will of the voters? Secretary Clinton?

CLINTON: Well, I support our democracy. And sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But I certainly will support the outcome of this election.

And I know Donald's trying very hard to plant doubts about it, but I hope the people out there understand: This election's really up to you. It's not about us so much as it is about you and your families and the kind of country and future you want. So I sure hope you will get out and vote as though your future depended on it, because I think it does.

HOLT: Mr. Trump, very quickly, same question. Will you accept the outcome as the will of the voters?

TRUMP: I want to make America great again. We are a nation that is seriously troubled. We're losing our jobs. People are pouring into our country.

The other day, we were deporting 800 people. And perhaps they passed the wrong button, they pressed the wrong button, or perhaps worse than that, it was corruption, but these people that we were going to deport for good reason ended up becoming citizens. Ended up becoming citizens. And it was 800. And now it turns out it might be 1,800, and they don't even know.

HOLT: Will you accept the outcome of the election?

TRUMP: Look, here's the story. I want to make America great again. I'm going to be able to do it. I don't believe Hillary will. The answer is, if she wins, I will absolutely support her.

(APPLAUSE)

The 2nd and last 2016 presidential debate is on the 9th and 19th October

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

COOPER:.... Mr. Trump, about the tape that was released on Friday, as you can imagine. You called what you said locker room banter. You described kissing women without consent, grabbing their genitals. That is sexual assault. You bragged that you have sexually assaulted women. Do you understand that?

TRUMP: No, I didn’t say that at all. I don’t think you understood what was — this was locker room talk. I’m not proud of it. I apologize to my family. I apologize to the American people. Certainly I’m not proud of it. But this is locker room talk.

You know, when we have a world where you have ISIS chopping off heads, where you have — and, frankly, drowning people in steel cages, where you have wars and horrible, horrible sights all over, where you have so many bad things happening, this is like medieval times. We haven’t seen anything like this, the carnage all over the world.

And they look and they see. Can you imagine the people that are, frankly, doing so well against us with ISIS? And they look at our country and they see what’s going on.

Yes, I’m very embarrassed by it. I hate it. But it’s locker room talk, and it’s one of those things. I will knock the hell out of ISIS. We’re going to defeat ISIS. ISIS happened a number of years ago in a vacuum that was left because of bad judgment. And I will tell you, I will take care of ISIS.

COOPER: So, Mr. Trump...

TRUMP: And we should get on to much more important things and much bigger things.

COOPER: Just for the record, though, are you saying that what you said on that bus 11 years ago that you did not actually kiss women without consent or grope women without consent?

TRUMP: I have great respect for women. Nobody has more respect for women than I do.

COOPER: So, for the record, you’re saying you never did that?

TRUMP: I’ve said things that, frankly, you hear these things I said. And I was embarrassed by it. But I have tremendous respect for women.

COOPER: Have you ever done those things?

TRUMP: And women have respect for me. And I will tell you: No, I have not. And I will tell you that I’m going to make our country safe. We’re going to have borders in our country, which we don’t have now. People are pouring into our country, and they’re coming in from the Middle East and other places.

We’re going to make America safe again. We’re going to make America great again, but we’re going to make America safe again. And we’re going to make America wealthy again, because if you don’t do that, it just — it sounds harsh to say, but we have to build up the wealth of our nation.

COOPER: Thank you, Mr. Trump.

TRUMP: Right now, other nations are taking our jobs and they’re taking our wealth.

COOPER: Thank you, Mr. Trump.

TRUMP: And that’s what I want to talk about.

COOPER: Secretary Clinton, do you want to respond?

CLINTON: Well, like everyone else, I’ve spent a lot of time thinking over the last 48 hours about what we heard and saw. You know, with prior Republican nominees for president, I disagreed with them on politics, policies, principles, but I never questioned their fitness to serve.

Donald Trump is different. I said starting back in June that he was not fit to be president and commander-in-chief. And many Republicans and independents have said the same thing. What we all saw and heard on Friday was Donald talking about women, what he thinks about women, what he does to women. And he has said that the video doesn’t represent who he is.

But I think it’s clear to anyone who heard it that it represents exactly who he is. Because we’ve seen this throughout the campaign. We have seen him insult women. We’ve seen him rate women on their appearance, ranking them from one to ten. We’ve seen him embarrass women on TV and on Twitter. We saw him after the first debate spend nearly a week denigrating a former Miss Universe in the harshest, most personal terms.

So, yes, this is who Donald Trump is. But it’s not only women, and it’s not only this video that raises questions about his fitness to be our president, because he has also targeted immigrants, African- Americans, Latinos, people with disabilities, POWs, Muslims, and so many others.

So this is who Donald Trump is. And the question for us, the question our country must answer is that this is not who we are. That’s why — to go back to your question — I want to send a message — we all should — to every boy and girl and, indeed, to the entire world that America already is great, but we are great because we are good, and we will respect one another, and we will work with one another, and we will celebrate our diversity.

CLINTON: These are very important values to me, because this is the America that I know and love. And I can pledge to you tonight that this is the America that I will serve if I’m so fortunate enough to become your president.

RADDATZ: And we want to get to some questions from online...

TRUMP: Am I allowed to respond to that? I assume I am.

RADDATZ: Yes, you can respond to that.

TRUMP: It’s just words, folks. It’s just words. Those words, I’ve been hearing them for many years. I heard them when they were running for the Senate in New York, where Hillary was going to bring back jobs to upstate New York and she failed.

I’ve heard them where Hillary is constantly talking about the inner cities of our country, which are a disaster education-wise, jobwise, safety-wise, in every way possible. I’m going to help the African-Americans. I’m going to help the Latinos, Hispanics. I am going to help the inner cities.

She’s done a terrible job for the African-Americans. She wants their vote, and she does nothing, and then she comes back four years later. We saw that firsthand when she was United States senator. She campaigned where the primary part of her campaign...

RADDATZ: Mr. Trump, Mr. Trump — I want to get to audience questions and online questions.

TRUMP: So, she’s allowed to do that, but I’m not allowed to respond?...

• Downvote 1

Fight Night' that's the last US debate.

You'd be surprised that DT has changed. He's playing Hillary's card tonight.

He's less obnoxious, more on point tonight like never before and making her waver

the first one hour with responses from open borders, economy plans, Putin etc.

He does take corrections

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sixteen years ago The Simpsons broadcast an episode called “Bart to the Future” in which Lisa becomes “the first straight woman president”

“As you know, we’ve inherited quite a budget crunch from President Trump,” she tells her staff, who inform her the country is broke due to her predecessor.

Writer Dan Greaney described it as a “warning to America”, adding: “”It just seemed like the logical last stop before hitting bottom.

“It was pitched because it was consistent with the vision of America going insane.” Today Greaney’s fears are on the verge of being realised as Donald Trump ’s bid for the ­presidency MAY become a reality, after tonight.

Hilarious.

5 things to expect if either, 'A Trump or 'A Clinton becomes president of the USA after tonight's election.

On Immigration

Expect: A beautiful wall, few Mexicans and no Muslims

From “day one” of his Presidency, Trump has vowed to begin working on an impenetrable, giant, physical 'Trump' wall on the southern border, handing the estimated £22billion bill to the Mexicans who he describes as rapists, drug dealers and murderers. Donald Trump says Mexico will '100% pay' for the 'beautiful' border wall - they just 'don't know it yet'

He then promised to deport the 11 million undocumented immigrants "who come in from across that border'

Also, he plans to implement a temporary closing of the US border to ALL Muslims “until we can figure out what’s going on” in the wake of several ISIS attacks in America and the world.

Though The National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council, the union representing thousands of federal officers in Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), formally endorsed him and support his policies, other

policy experts estimates that "...immediately and fully enforcing such immigration laws, as Trump has suggested, would cost the federal government from £326billion to £490billion, shrink the US labour force by 11 million, reduce the real GDP by £1.*** trillion and take 20 years to complete.", even though Trump reckons he could do it all in 18 months.

According to daily mirror, Trumps policies seems to rely largely on the idea that immigration is inherently dangerous.

For Clinton,

Expect: Everything OPPOSITE of Trump's immigration plans

Clinton's Immigration Plan is Pretty Much The direct Opposite Of Trump's.

Clinton's immigration policy is actually quite inclusive, and based on a positive overall notion of diversity and unity. The most significant difference between the two candidates is that, while Trump would like to actively deport undocumented immigrants currently in the country, according to CNN, and also make it much more difficult for those outside the country to enter, Clinton has proposed a "pathway to citizenship" for most undocumented immigrants, instituting legislation that will allow options for them to become fully integrated. Clinton wants to get it done within her first 100 days in office.

Clinton's other major immigration focus is to uphold the executive actions introduced by President Obama, which were designed to temporarily protect the estimated five million undocumented immigrants from deportation who were either brought to the United States as children or who have children who are U.S. citizens. Clinton said that the actions are designed to protect families at risk of being separated through deportation, and particularly to protect children who could end up having their parents taken away from them.

"We should be helping more immigrant families stay together, not tearing them apart"

Other elements of Clinton's immigration policy include allowing all individuals (citizens or not) to access health insurance by buying into Obamacare if they so choose — she believes undocumented people should "be able to get the health care they need, and should have the option to purchase health insurance under the provisions of Obamacare if they can afford to.

According to the national immigration council, (ICE) "Her radical plan would result in the loss of thousands of innocent American lives, mass victimization and death for many attempting to immigrate to the United States, the total gutting of interior enforcement, the handcuffing of ICE officers, and an uncontrollable flood of illegal immigrants across U.S. borders."

Clinton's proposed plan for immigration reform, clearly stands in stark opposition to Trump's view,

You may conclude Clinton through her words "It would be "inhumane" to try to kick out undocumented immigrant families, while Trump vows mass deportation.

You do the math.

Their differing opinions on the LGBT community and marriage equality is next....

_-------

Its a red tsunami as the Trump led Republican party thrives and win more states than Democrats, into the presidency at the US election!