Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Stumbling into a relationship?

Althena

So a few week ago I met a girl and we hooked up. It was meant to be a casual one night stand but I left my number + email on her table before I left

Surprisingly she emailed me a cute song and we made plans to meet up. We hooked up a few times again, including at my apartment where she met my flatmate and her gf.

The thing is, I am chivalrous and I do things like make people breakfast in the morning, I buy take away food when I am coming over, and I do stuff like paying for taxi's, food, drinks, etc when we are out. These are things I do (cos my mama raised me well) but I fear it might be coming off as girlfriend roles.

She (let's call her Bimbo) is really nice, the sex is good, and even though I am not looking for a relationship, I feel I might be stumbling into one.

But back to the main crux of the story, Bimbo invited me to meet her friends which I wiggled out of but this morning, she sent me an email that she has lost her phone and my number with it. Is it a good time to pretend I never got her email, make my escape and never contact her again or should I hang around cos the sex is good?

If you were Bimbo, would you want me to get back in touch even though I am not looking for anything right now? Help!

• Upvote 1

Hang around because the sex is good. But if was Bimbo I wouldn't want you to get back in touch.

Btw, why can't you just tell her you aren't looking for something?

If I were Bimbo, I wouldn't want you to get back in touch since you're not interested.. She knows where you live so I doubt your pretending you never got the email will help because if she's really interested, she'd definitely visit. Maybe you should just explain to her that you're not looking for anything serious.

You compromised 'one night stand' by dropping your number :)

You ought to tell her, not because you're not interested, but because you want to be honest with her. More than anything, she'd appreciate your honesty and won't be hurt by it. This also helps her to think things through.

She won't hurt. At least not to the degree you think. The only relationships that hurt are the ones that 'hurt' to leave (because there was real commitment and promises were made). Any other feeling is mediocre and will be lost in no time, simply.

You either get an umbrella or get out of the rain. If you want to give it a try, do so but with good intentions not because the sex is good.

I think this is the best time to escape, ignore the mail since you don't want a relationship.

And save 2 lives of heartbreak later on.She will move on...

*** vs 1 means I get to tell her I'm not looking for anything. And thank you Iris for pointing out the obvious, na me start this wahala x_x

Just tell her the truth...if she wants to stay then its her choice.its really unfair leading people on...By the way..from one nightstand to doing stuff together

.....you are hooked!!!

PS.

By the way,most relationships work out well when u least expect.what are u afraid of Athena?

Just tell her the truth...if she wants to stay then its her choice.its really unfair leading people on...By the way..from one nightstand to doing stuff together

.....you are hooked!!!

PS.

By the way,most relationships work out well when u least expect.what are u afraid of Athena?

Hello Dr Phil...