Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Connecting via this site(NL)

Hello everyone just my view and opinion. Connecting with people via this platform has been so tedious,tasking and rigorous hence the reason why many signup search for about a month and disappear after all efforts have proved abortive.This site would have been more fun if people allay their fears and worries,in the sense that tou can connect and carry out investigation regarding the person on your own but due to fear and the fact that our society condemns the act has made people go into their shell but truth is the ministry has increased tremendously for the past few years. My opinion and suggestions for members on here is to loosen up a bit try and connect and stop the hide and seek game.....Lol. Just kidding but hope you all are having a wonderful time on here.....caio

It will be almost impossible to mandate anybody to 'loosen up' to anyone if there is no common interest. Chances are no one wants to meet with anybody they don't know or have any common interests with. Why would anyone want to do that?

That you are able to discuss with familiar people over familiar topics is a good start enough, how you 'connect" or go about the rest is relative and should really be up to you.

• Upvote 1

@callla,seems u didnt read my post from the beginning I wrote and I quote "My view and opinion" I haven't put a gun to anyone's head to loosen up its your choice to do so. For all I care the site is boring due to the attitude most people give on here and last time I checked its meant to be a networking site for people to connect and mingle and if that aint happening then nothing would happen on here,and hence why many have joined the site and just go blank after a while. So my dear anything you do on here is your choice.

'Anyone', 'You', 'anybody', hasn't tagged anybody, except Calla - thank you.

But I know some people are going away together for Xmas, while others meet for drinks on a regular basis. Then the female activists...

@callla,seems u didnt read my post from the beginning I wrote and I quote "My view and opinion" I haven't put a gun to anyone's head to loosen up its your choice to do so. For all I care the site is boring due to the attitude most people give on here and last time I checked its meant to be a networking site for people to connect and mingle and if that aint happening then nothing would happen on here,and hence why many have joined the site and just go blank after a while. So my dear anything you do on here is your choice.

You are right . . . people are too stiff as in ur earlier statement playing hide and seek which is frustrating

The ensence of this ste is to relate

Sometimes I feel like being a minority where the majority are against you is enough common ground. @Callla

Tha'ts striving.

Like the *life* of the party, And the party, is alive

, very alive

You are right . . . people are too stiff as in ur earlier statement playing hide and seek which is frustrating

The ensence of this ste is to relate

My dear I feel your pain and its truly very frustrating and also kills the fun of the whole stress getting on here. I guess with time people would realise this is for networking and not snake and laddet game. lol. inbox me your bb pin as I just love to make friends. caoi

'Anyone', 'You', 'anybody', hasn't tagged anybody, except Calla - thank you.

But I know some people are going away together for Xmas, while others meet for drinks on a regular basis. Then the female activists...

@Callla, you are a case. lol. some people are going away together for Xmas? Or na u don catch chic and you are running away for Xmas. lol. Have fun dear cos life is too short

• Moderators

Hmmm... interesting.

To add to what Callla has written, I do agree that the 'familiar' is indeed a good enough place to start.

It all boils down to trust -and I use this term loosely.

Imagine for instance that you are in church or a class in the university  (people of common interest) and someone (irrespective of gender) walks up to you asking for your contact details because they would like to get to know you better. How did you or would you respond?

If you're honest with yourself, you would very well agree that you'd be taken aback and a tad reluctant to accede to the request. 

My point exactly! 

There is a process to most things in life. Friendships and relationships aren't any different. To earn someone's trust, you would have to do the works.

What this platform provides is such an opportunity -to do your work. Contribute more, be more visible and  perhaps someone will take a liking to your style of writing, humour, sass etc...

I hope this helps shed some light on why your attempts might have proven abortive/frustrating. I do hope that you find what you seek...

My 2cents.

*This is the part where I sit back and wait to be chewed up.LOL.*‎

Hmmm... interesting.

To add to what Callla has written, I do agree that the 'familiar' is indeed a good enough place to start.

It all boils down to trust -and I use this term loosely.

Imagine for instance that you are in church or a class in the university  (people of common interest) and someone (irrespective of gender) walks up to you asking for your contact details because they would like to get to know you better. How did you or would you respond?

If you're honest with yourself, you would very well agree that you'd be taken aback and a tad reluctant to accede to the request. 

My point exactly! 

There is a process to most things in life. Friendships and relationships aren't any different. To earn someone's trust, you would have to do the works.

What this platform provides is such an opportunity -to do your work. Contribute more, be more visible and  perhaps someone will take a liking to your style of writing, humour, sass etc...

I hope this helps shed some light on why your attempts might have proven abortive/frustrating. I do hope that you find what you seek...

My 2cents.

*This is the part where I sit back and wait to be chewed up.LOL.*‎

And chewed up you shall....Lol

• Moderators

Most people come here looking for sex, not even a relationship, its a fact. No matter what you do, all they are interested is f**king. Organize a get together, and they are there looking for their next sex partner. Harsh? Yes. The truth? Yes.

Most people come here looking for sex, not even a relationship, its a fact. No matter what you do, all they are interested is f**king. Organize a get together, and they are there looking for their next sex partner. Harsh? Yes. The truth? Yes.

And Moresko is back.....*drum rolls*

• 1 year later...