Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Scarcity mentality

kimi

• Moderators

If there's one thing out there that I absolutely detest, it is a scarcity mindset. Those people who would rather hoard than share. Who would rather wait to see you falter before offering support.

The other day, I asked someone who I used to term a friend for an advice because he had been through that 'road' before. He would not. He started to 'form' busy. Someone who had prior to that request been a daily chat buddy -had now suddenly gone into hiding.

Or do you also remember those in uni who would study alone, hide useful information from even their friends because they would rather be the 'only' genius/first class student *smh* what's so wrong if everyone had a first class! Doesn't the community at large stand to gain rather than lose?

I can't comprehend it. I don't think I ever will because from where I stand, there's enough room in the sky for every star to shine.

Sunday ramblings.

I swear down mahn. The hoarding thing irritates me. The one i hate most is when you see a friend is balling and you are like "how far naa, show me the way naa" then they will na tell you something like "na God o". As if!!! Who e go be before?? Nor be God?? Show me the way is what i said!! angry.gif

University own is worst oo.. I remember some set of girls In my study group.. they will never share. One time during our Greek and Hebrew exams in my 1st year e hook me die, I be wan cry.i wasn't asking for answer oo just a Greek alphabet word. I was lucky enough get a c... oh boy no body need tell me how far... After that day I stop depending on people for anything, na front seat things..and I got straight A's.

• 4 months later...

I swear down mahn. The hoarding thing irritates me. The one i hate most is when you see a friend is balling and you are like "how far naa, show me the way naa" then they will na tell you something like "na God o". As if!!! Who e go be before?? Nor be God?? Show me the way is what i said!! angry.gif

Hahahahahah. This is funny. Easy o. But when you sef reach, come show me the way abeg

I rememba a situation in 200lthere was dis course we were so scared of n d past kwesions to d course was soo difficult to get a so cald close frnd f mine had it, I saw it wit her and asked if I cud mak a photcopy she said it was course outline wit her I was lyk Wtf!!! I knw it's past Kwesion she insisted it was not rushed inside a bus n went away, I was pissed buh as God no dey sleep I did way beta dan her at the end f d day n rubbed it in her face

Hahahahahah. This is funny. Easy o. But when you sef reach, come show me the way abeg

If you're my paddy why not? The road isn't narrow at all.

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2015 at 8:02 PM, Abystacy said:

University own is worst oo.. I remember some set of girls In my study group.. they will never share. One time during our Greek and Hebrew exams in my 1st year e hook me die, I be wan cry.i wasn't asking for answer oo just a Greek alphabet word. I was lucky enough get a c... oh boy no body need tell me how far... After that day I stop depending on people for anything, na front seat things..and I got straight A's.

LMAO!  That year.. Smh