Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Define Love and Friendship.

flavour

Friendship is always platonic and may be conditional. Love is a decision ,ok. And always unconditional. Love is what remains after the infatuation rush subsides. Let me stop here.

I think love is unconditional care and friendship is unconditional loyalty.

when someone's happiness genuinely makes you happy and you re willing to go the extra mile to put a smile on that someone's face.

Friendship is always platonic and may be conditional. Love is a decision ,ok. And always unconditional. Love is what remains after the infatuation rush subsides. Let me stop here.

Gbam my teacher Iris

when someone's happiness genuinely makes you happy and you re willing to go the extra mile to put a smile on that someone's face.

Love is a beautiful thing. can tell you love someone

Is love really a decision? I think its the one emotion in which we have no say really. Yes, you may decide to not date the person with whom you are in love with. But that decision doesn't take the feelings away.

I totally agree.

• Moderators

When I use the term 'friend' I usually would not use it loosely. I have many acquaintances but just a handful of 'friends' -less than 5.

I love my friends dearly.

...With this in mind, the only thing that keeps it at the friendship level is the lack of 'chemistry'. Throw that into the mix and i'll be 'head over heels' in love with them.

Agape love is what is detailed in 1Cor 13. It is the minimum if you asked me that should be dealt to all, or at the very least our 'friends'.

...and if I understood the question correctly, you write of the other kind of love; the more romantic kind.

• Upvote 3

Is love really a decision? I think its the one emotion in which we have no say really. Yes, you may decide to not date the person with whom you are in love with. But that decision doesn't take the feelings away.

Lol that's not what l meant by love being a decision. I'll explain.

Love is......ok, if you've never felt it, you can't understand it. Don't let me explain. Hawken, l hope you find love when you want to and it'll be returned. Then you can come back to tell your story.

Lol that's not what l meant by love being a decision. I'll explain.

Love is......ok, if you've never felt it, you can't understand it. Don't let me explain. Hawken, l hope you find love when you want to and it'll be returned. Then you can come back to tell your story.

No, please explain.

Plus, i have felt love before.

No, please explain.

Plus, i have felt love before.

When love is a decision, you've acknowledged your partner's flaws and chosen to be with them nevertheless. lt is total acceptance. When love is a decision you'll love inspite of your incompatibility and misunderstandings.

Love is the highest level of commitment.

It goes beyond understanding and trusting. Again, if you haven't accepted someone's flaws and loved them in spite of them , then you've not loved.

A romantic relationship develops through these stages:

1. When you meet and know each other.

2. When you understand and trust them.

***. When you begin to see their flaws

4. And lastly, when you accept them.

That last stage 'acceptance' is the point of love. If you both don't overcome that......it's why people break up. Sometimes you get stuck at 1. Sometimes you don't get past three.

If you fall in love with a woman's physical attractiveness, all the women in the world would not satisfy you but if you love 'the' woman's soul, millions of women wouldn't bother you.

Chemistry is what anybody can do, that's not love. Love is lots of work, fight and problem solving (together). It's a lot of focus. A conscious effort to focus on the person's good qualities. That's how you can love them in a unique way that separates them from other people. Another way of loving by 'decision'.

You also have to work for love, you don't 'fall in love', anything you fall into can be fallen out of. The eternality of being 'in love'-(obsession) is fictional not factual. Eventually, we all descend from the clouds and plant our feet on earth again. Our eyes are opened and we begin to see the warts of the other person. We recognise that some of her personality traits are actually annoying. Her behaviour patterns, irritating. Then you say l don't love anymore. Truth is you never loved in the first place.

Love is open communication and honesty. You talk about stuff you both don't like and you strive to avoid them. Another pointer to 'decision'.

*But if you love and your partner isn't willing, then it's not working. If it's not working, it isn't going to get better.

• Upvote 3

When love is a decision, you've acknowledged your partner's flaws and chosen to be with them nevertheless. lt is total acceptance. When love is a decision you'll love inspite of your incompatibility and misunderstandings.

It goes beyond understanding and trusting. Again, if you haven't accepted someone's flaws and loved them in spite of them , then you've not loved.

That last stage 'acceptance' is the point of love. If you both don't overcome that......it's why people break up. Sometimes you get stuck at 1. Sometimes you don't get past three.

If you fall in love with a woman's physical attractiveness, all the women in the world would not satisfy you but if you love 'the' woman's soul, millions of women wouldn't bother you.

Chemistry is what anybody can do, that's not love. Love is lots of work, fight and problem solving (together). It's a lot of focus. A conscious effort to focus on the person's good qualities. That's how you can love them in a unique way that separates them from other people. Another way of loving by 'decision'.

You also have to work for love, you don't 'fall in love', anything you fall into can be fallen out of. The eternality of being 'in love'-(obsession) is fictional not factual. Eventually, we all descend from the clouds and plant our feet on earth again. Our eyes are opened and we begin to see the warts of the other person. We recognise that some of her personality traits are actually annoying. Her behaviour patterns, irritating. Then you say l don't love anymore. Truth is you never loved in the first place.

Love is open communication and honesty. You talk about stuff you both don't like and you strive to avoid them. Another pointer to 'decision'.

*But if you love and your partner isn't willing, then it's not working. If it's not working, it isn't going to get better.

Love is not a decision and you don't work for love.

Making your relationship work, however, is a decision which needs constant work frm the two parties involved.

Infact if you have to go through so much stress its not love,its partnership or unrequited love.

I can decide to be with someone no matter wat, stand by her and tolerate her. it may be cs I pity her, owe her or cs I feel we are compatible but that doesnt equate to love.

Beautiful. I get your POV now. One more question though, under whatever circumstance, is it possible for love to die? Even after it has made it past the acceptance stage?

Love is not a decision and you don't work for love.

Making your relationship work, however, is a decision which needs constant work frm the two parties involved.

Infact if you have to go through so much stress its not love,its partnership or unrequited love.

I can decide to be with someone no matter wat, stand by her and tolerate her. it may be cs I pity her, owe her or cs I feel we are compatible but that doesnt equate to love.

Described above isn't Stress, you have read it that way. Nor is it unrequited love. Both parties must be willing. Recall l wrote *if one isn't willing, then it isn't working.

Love is a decision yet but not one you're forced to make.

Imagine that you two have chosen to remain together, how is it conceivable that you ever part?

The course of relationship in the 'long term' doesn't run smooth. Personalities will clash as you become your truest selves. Consider external factors too. Why do you think marriage counselling is greatly encouraged? That road isn't smooth. It isn't the ideal that is portrayed in movies. Not your expectations at all.

Attraction and chemistry will not sustain your relationship in the long term but great admiration, love and a strong will to take it farther. That's the fight.

Beautiful. I get your POV now. One more question though, under whatever circumstance, is it possible for love to die? Even after it has made it past the acceptance stage?

Lol you're just funny. lf the both of them have decided, it'll never die. Remember God is love. That's the perfection of it not the two people involved. lf however it's one sided, a breakup is imminent. For the one that loved, well...you become indifferent towards them but at a later later time.

Lol you're just funny. lf the both of them have decided, it'll never die. Remember God is love. That's the perfection of it not the two people involved. lf however it's one sided, a breakup is imminent. For the one that loved, well...you become indifferent towards them but at a later later time.

Haha alright..

Love can be a decision to stay with someone you meet and may or may not have found compatibility with. You may find just one reason to stay and decided to work the rest out. Love is an effort.

You might have found chemistry - which may afterall interpret as infatuation or lust with a person, but love is the conscious decision to commit to that one person even after the sex was/n't good. And other flaws. Its a sacrifice to strike a balance between your different opinions but decide to remain together. Love is 'not letting go'.

-- So you begin to do things to suit your partner, you begin to involve her in your plans. You begin to take into consideration her opinions and to 'bare' yourself the more to her, for the benefit of communication and compatibility--

Friendship can be all these above and even more but without the sexual attraction or intent.

Don't give me the lazy or lust angle of it and say ''But you may meet someone, even venture in a relationship with them and have sex, and etc and later find out this, that, this, that..." Then you, they or both have not decided to be in a love relationship with one another. Also don't ask me that you two may misunderstand on issues a lot, discuss it and resolve it. If its a decision you two have made, you 'll both agree on something.

At a certain point when attraction, lust, want, and desire has come and gone between two, love is that decision by one or both to rekindle what is left and stay. Its best if its mutual. Love may happen before or after sex though. While you allow sex to do the bonding .

True love must never break, it is continually renewed and you'll forever be excited by that one woman and her all. Simply because you decide to stay

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...