Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

music by gay artists

dequeen

Am in the process of upgrading my playlist. I like upbeat songs alot. If I can crazy dance to it or bob my head, then that's it for me and yes I adore lyrics, hence my kinda hatred (that's a strong word actually) for a lot of naija music.

Lol. Too much blabbing. I would love suggestions of music especially of music by queer artists. Please keep them upbeat. Thankyou!

These 5 gay songs made it on our pod casts 'top 5', last week. They are all from black gay musical artists

5.Black Gatsby – Blank Cheque,

He is from Los Angeles. He is quite big and has collaborated with Solange Knowles (Beyonce's younger sister). In his song, 'Blank cheque', he talks about giving 'all' freely to a man

4 .Brayo Bryans – A cry from the closet,

Brayo is a Ugandan LGBTIQ activist.

Here he delivers a powerful message of hope and courage to the LGBTIQ community. He lives in Uganda and has recorded so many songs that touches on the subject of homosexuality.

*** . Richard Branshaw AKA Cakes Da Killa – Goodie Goodies

Here Richard Branshaw sings about a guy who wants him for his goodies. There's a video for it that helps bring you some clarity. Find it. *wink*

2 . Kele Okereke – Humour me,

Our very own Kele Okereke, born to a Nigerian father. He is a musician and guitarist. Lead singer for british band bloc party. He is a shy but out homosexual living in the UK

1 . Nakhane Toure – In the Dark Room, South African)

TAKES NUMBER ONE!

He Is a 27 Y.O out and proud South African alternative recording artist, who brings his true personality and delivers to us a magical, spiritual and out of the world album 'brave confusion'. He took home an award for best alternative musical from SAMA (south Africa musical award) with 'brave confusion'

Enjoy.