Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

A better world starts with you

kimi

• Moderators

I just felt the need to write this...

As we start out the week, remember to use your words carefully. Our words can either bless or do damage. Choose to uplift and make another's load a lot lighter.

Choose a smile. Be quicker to give the benefit of the doubt than to pass a judgement. For we know in part... to know all really is to forgive all.

It would be far beneficial to withhold a response if it would not benefit another.

Be not be quick to take offence. It is better that they are in the wrong than for we to be. It is better that they hurt (others) than for we to be those who would hurt another. For it's been said, "only 'hurting' people hurt others" -give the benefit of the doubt; some people do have it quite bad.

Remember that we are fortunate (that in itself doesn't make us 'better' than anyone else). Time and chance happeneth to them all. Yes, fortunate because it could always be much worse and ofcourse, a lot better. Choose to focus on the 'fuller' perspective.

Remember that we are in transit and Remember to touch as many lives while here.

Wishing you a brilliant start of the week.

Love always

Kimi

xx

• 1 month later...

I just reread it this and it's quite idealistic. For instance, i'd rather be a wolf eating up sheep than a sheep running for my life. We win some and we lose some so why can't I hurt people atimes?? Just saying.

• Moderators

Hahahahahaha! Eater of sheep! You'd eat enough this Christmas for sure :P

Well... I do understand your perspective. I write for myself here (usually). I have noticed that when I dole out inappropriate behaviour or I take offence rather too quickly, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and often takes me a while to stop replaying the scene in my head of how I could have 'better' handled the situation.

This has nothing to do with being a push over. As a matter of fact, I subscribe to defending my dignity. If anyone would 'directly' poke at it, I would always give them a piece of my mind -with precision.

And yes, it is idealistic after all because even I am not fully there yet!LOL.

Thanks for the counter opinion D.