Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

This is for real

kimi

• Moderators

Hey ladies...

It has come to this... I'm searching.

I require a 'friend' that would read and summarize portions of the bible for me (in less than 50words). The friend would also pm me daily to collect my prayer requests as my appointed intercessor. I haven't had my devotion in over 4months *sighs*

Screening may still be required. I need to be sure we serve the same God and that our world views aren't worlds apart.

Thanks

• Moderators

Alternatively, if you have any idea (at all) on how I can come out of this spiritual inertia, do share.

Bless you sisters

• Moderators

You dey create thread oh. I have to hail you on that.

Maybe you should buy a devotional, it helps some people.

LOL *stops self from laughing hard; serious mode*

I have tried devotionals. I get bored. I have done it all. Even the sermons but I quickly lose interest and the excitement tends to be fleeting. I'm done trying to be honest. Perhaps I need a jump-start hence the 'friend'.

Better still, someone who has walked this road before can proffer suggestions

• Moderators

Hahahahaha! I would need two 'friends' now... :unsure:

When do we start? Perhaps we could set up a bible study thread so that all members can equally benefit :D

Hahahahaha! I would need two 'friends' now... :unsure:/>

When do we start? Perhaps we could set up a bible study thread so that all members can equally benefit :D/>

Last statement is a good idea

I'm in charge of baptisim... its a good day when you see ladies wearing water soaked white cotton dresses.... and they'll be braless too.

kimi my first candidate.

Don't know if you are serious or joking .

if you use an android phone, there's this bible app that you can download (bible live church). it's like ur own church and its very easy to use.

you can subscribe to different offline devotionals thru the app, you can also start a bible reading plan. They are so many daily devotionals available, international nd local.

it has a reminder, so you can set a convenient time and everyday at that time you will get a reminder to read your bible.

it also shares daily scriptures via email.

Don't know if you are serious or joking .

if you use an android phone, there's this bible app that you can download (bible live church). it's like ur own church and its very easy to use.

you can subscribe to different offline devotionals thru the app, you can also start a bible reading plan. They are so many daily devotionals available, international nd local.

it has a reminder, so you can set a convenient time and everyday at that time you will get a reminder to read your bible.

it also shares daily scriptures via email.

Okay, you are the pastor... I'm still anchoring baptism tho.

• Moderators

Hahaha! Choi! See my life.LOL

I'm actually serious. It's a sort of a block. Feels like my mind/head is unwilling to process the data.

I open the bible and I can't get past the 1st line. My mind can't just seem to be able to absorb. like a form of psychological exhaustion sets in.

Thanks Dreamgal. I can't read anything for now. It's taken lots of effort and push to even digest the bite sized scriptures posted on deequeen's thread.

• Moderators

Hahahahaha! It's been this way even before I started double dealing.LOL. It's not guilt I think. I don't feel guilt. I'm one of those who subscribe to grace, knowing full well that I'm never condemned. When God sees me, He sees His son and the work He's done to redeem me.

Don't know what it is. My prayer goes: "I love you God, thank you; bless us all. IJN, amen." and that's for the days when I struggle to get words out because I haven't prayed in a while.

The bible reading one started in my attempt to understand the bible for myself. I would study, I would wonder why Jesus sounded sometimes 'mean/rude' to someone etc... I would pray for clarity because I was told I need to read with my spiritual eyes etc... it all just got tiring. Couldn't seem to be able to read between the lines. Just took too much mental effort. Still does