Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Continuous Improvement

kimi

• Moderators

As the header suggests, this post shall address being a better you for your next girlfriend.

I bet none of us are new to relationships. At the very least, we belong to families or have friends or associates etc... it's safe then to conclude that we have considerable experience with people and being in relationships.

In life, continuous improvement is essential if we must keep up with the times and constantly project ourselves as relevant. Our conduct within our relationships shouldn't be any different. We must seek to out-do ourselves by improving on character flaws/correcting behavioural dysfunctions for our benefit and for the benefit of those dear to us. Learnings from previous relationships are vital and would inform what aspects to focus on

For instance, I was one to quickly come to conclusions without, first, giving the other person the benefit of the doubt. Now, I hold my tongue and I ask questions (say she hasn't replied my chats all day, here is how I now go about it: "hey babe, had a good day? You alright? I noticed you read my messages but didn't respond, got me worried'). This new approach has saved me uttering myriad of apologies because most times, there's always a justifiable reason for the said actions.

In closing, individuals are by nature 'reactive'. Let's be the 'better' by seeking to first remove the log and pillars in our eyes/lives.

xx

• Moderators

Hahahahaha! *wears the therapist's hat* :D

No... it's never healthy to keep things bottled up in that way. Relationships after all are more about communication, respect and trust

• 5 weeks later...

Well, for a small fee, i will be willing to my discuss my feelings and not murmur "i'm good" even when i am not.

Its improvement dry.gif

A fee!? Looooollll. You're a clown. Your chic will just sex the confessions outta you.