Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Winner Of ‘Mr. Ugly’ Contest In Zimbabwe Accused Of Being ‘Too Handsome’

fairy

Mister-Ugly-Mison-Sere-400x240.jpeg

A winner of the 4th annual ‘Mister Ugly’ contest in Zimbabwe, has been described as “too handsome” to be adjudged winner by the pageant judges.

Forty-two year old Mison Sere was on Saturday crowned ‘Mister Ugly’, displacing William Masvinu, who had held the title since 2012.

The decision, however, did not go down well with Masvinu’s supporters, who mobbed the judges, but thankfully, no one was injured in the ensuing melee.

The former title holder argued that his successor’s ugliness wasn’t natural since it was based on missing tooth. “I am naturally ugly. He is not. He is ugly only when he opens his mouth”, Masvinu fumed.

Another contestant, Patrick Mupereki, also joined in condemning the judges’ decision as he asked: “Do we have to lose our teeth to win? This is cheating”.

In reaction to the criticisms that trailed his emergence as Zimbabwe’s ‘Mister Ugly’, Sere said they were just “sore losers” as he pocketed the $500 in winnings.

“They should just accept that I am uglier than them”, he said. “I hope to get a TV contract. I already moved around schools performing and showcasing my ugliness so this is a chance to make it on TV”.

The complaints of Masvinu and the other contestants may have been genuine after all if the previous announcement by organizers that disabilities or enhancements would not be accepted in the competition which should focus on “natural ugliness”, should be taken into consideration.

Pageant organizer David Machowa originally told the Associated Press that he conceived the idea to organize a ‘Mister Ugly’ contest to remove the stigma of ugliness.

“Looks are God given”, he said. “We should all be proud of who we are”.

The pageant involved three rounds of modelling, with individual and group struts down a catwalk of a Harare nightclub.

A university student, who was one of the judges, Abigail Matarayika, blamed Masvinu’s defeat to his over-confidence.

“Sere made tremendous effort to enhance his ugliness by pulling facial stunts”, she said. On the other hand, “Masvinu thought he is so ugly that he didn’t need to try hard. That cost him the crown”, Matarayika added.

This year’s competition saw a significant improvement in the number of entries received as 36 contestants partook in the pageant compared to just five in 2012 when Masvinu began his winning streak.

Mister-Ugly-William-Masvinu-400x297.jpeg

• 2 years later...

ahh

On 11/24/2015 at 3:42 AM, lala1990 said:
On 11/24/2015 at 2:04 AM, kimi said:

Hahahahahahahaha! Only your chest? What part of the chest? Be more spesifik plis

You are such a fun flirt. Lol

On 11/24/2015 at 7:17 AM, kimi said:

ahahaha! Or do you want to laugh and hold a body part while I watch *wink* :D :P

@kimi and @Hawken is this where the love started?