Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

What is Love?

kimi

• Moderators

Love is in a heart that has found its place. It is in a connection that cannot be explained. Love inspires -It inspires goodness. Love births a desire within me to treat you like I would my dearest friend. Love makes me patient and kind with you. It makes 1Corinthians 13 easy. What is love? It means to love not based on what can be done for you; not based on the filters of society. To love is to trust and follow your heart because that's what the heart does for a living. It discerns and it seeks to love ...and when it has found love, only the brave dare follow blindly because to love is to truly live. 

Love should not be for all. It should not be entrusted with one with a feeble mind because with them, love would be corrupted and lined with hurt and pain and every emotion that should not in any way be entwined with 'love'. Love doesn't, it shouldn't hurt; it is and should stay illuminating. Love is an embodiment of goodness.

I have known love and love has known me. It has honoured me and I am not sure I have deserved its visit. What then shall I say of a love that cannot be fought for? What then shall I say of the person who would watch love suffer? What could be said of one who has found love but is willing to let it fly away. Yes, love has wings. It would fly far away and never come back. Several versions of it may come your way, but that very one I fear may not. To love is to have known a certain woman and still want to have her by your side for all eternity. To have loved is for you to kiss her name as it appears on your screen -not a peck, but a wet kiss- an impulsive action that reveals the deep secrets of the heart.‎ 

For a fact, You only begin to understand love when you have dined with hate. When you have had intercourse with like and the orgasm has left you feeling betrayed. When you have kissed the lips of rejection and wallowed for so long in the embrace of ‎loneliness. Then and only then can you begin to have a conversation about love.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Moderators

Love is not for the liver-hearted. Thanks to you three, i'd keep deluding myself into believing I stand a chance after all at being a modern-day Shakespeare :D

Love is not for the liver-hearted. Thanks to you three, i'd keep deluding myself into believing I stand a chance after all at being a modern-day Shakespeare :D/>

Liver-hearted, Hmmmmm. I like the sound of lily-livered better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

...and she'd forever remember the one who was instrumental in all of it. A journey of a different kind began with her. She helped her gain her life back ...and it came to pass that destiny happened to them both.

...and she'd forever remember the one who was instrumental in all of it. A journey of a different kind began with her... She helped her gain her life back. Destiny happened to them both.

hmmmmm kimilette the lovergeh...lol.

#shiningmyteeth#

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

What is love?

Love is sacrifice.

It may be found in self-discipline. It means forsaking all others. Love is when she looks more beautiful each time compared to the last. It's in the innocence and sparkle her eyes reveal. Love is believing you could surmount whatever obstacle may come your way -together. Love is in refining and improving each other because even gold in its virgin state may be passed over but for a keen eye.

When they both sweat profusely while making out... that sound of two wet bodies colliding. Aww! Do I hear an Amen to that somebody...

Love is gulping down a bottle of Pepsi on a hot afternoon.