Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Sufferagette

Althena

SO I had heard about this movie in passing from friends of mine but I didn't take it serious. While going though youtube. I somehow stumbled on the trailer and it blew me away!

Fast forward a hour later and I had downloaded it and was glued to my screen. The movie is amazing. And inspiring. And heartbreaking. And did I mention really really inspiring and amazing?

The characters were believable, you can't help but empathize with the cause and the movement. The friendships gave me fuzzy feelings, the unfolding and seduction to join the movement seemed real enough and the goals in the end justified their action. Anyways, I do not want to spoil the movie for you so I won't say too much :)/>

What I will say though is that it reminded me of growing up and chanting Deeds not Words and The Personal is Political. I was very glad to be reminded of the struggles for each right, the personal sacrifices that always accompany change...especially one as simple as voting. Let's just say 2015 was a year of reawakening with the release of Selma, Suggeragette and Stonewall. I rate is a 9.5 out of 10 and I hope everyone watches it. And that one day we stop concentrating on just trying to find partners and lovers and think of a legacy bigger than ourselves...

*sigh* a girl can only dream :)/>