Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Common Lesbian and Bisexual Sexual Diseases You Should Know

FlyJ

• Administrators

Easy to catch lesbian and bisexual sexual diseases

What most women don’t know is that they can catch lesbian and bisexual sexual diseases whether they’re monogamous or polygamous, not to mention in ways they can’t imagine.

These infections– which women can get from exchanging bodily fluids– include herpes, genital warts, and Chlamydia.

“Any one-on-one contact, such as oral sex or using the same hand when touching yourself and then your partner, can put you at risk,” said Ruth Hunt, Chief Executive of the leading UK-based lesbian, gay and bisexual equality organisation Stonewall, the largest gay equality body in Europe.

“Two women that are both menstruating are at a higher risk, too,” Hunt added.

Different types of lesbian and bisexual sexual diseases

That’s why it’s best to know what you should watch out for.

Here are some of them:

1. Chlamydia– While it is the most rampant, it’s usually rare for lesbians. It can be passed on through penetration such as toys, fingers and hands. It’s a very quiet disease, no symptoms and stays with you for a long time. But it’s treatable by antibiotics.

2. Genital herpes – You usually acquire this when you go down on someone while you have a cold sore in your mouth. It goes away on its own but it can come back again and again as it is incurable.

***. Gonorrhea – A sister of Chlamydia, you can also catch it by penetration, whether toys, fingers or hands. It can also affect the throat through oral sex and the urethra. It’s treatable with antibiotics.

4. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease – It’s caused on a cocktail of bacteria, including gonorrhea and Chlamydia. The symptoms are abdominal and back pain, nausea, spotting, vaginal discharge, and fever. For some women, no symptoms can be observed. It shows up a few days after sex or months later.

5. Trichomonas – while this is treatable with antibiotics, it can only occur in the female organ. It would be itchy, frothy and there’s a smelly discharge. It’s well-known for women to women intercourse.

Sex is the ultimate expression of love, but do remember to take care against these lesbian and bisexual sexual diseases.

Source

• Like 1

• Moderators

Na wa o.

Prevention is better than cure. Abstinence is the key! If that is asking too much (okay, it is! Hahaha), no dodgy moves. Each should run tests and show the other the test results (as learnt from our most trending thread at the moment)

Practice #safesex

Teejay you don't cunnilingus? Give, receive or both?

Running tests is highly recommend and abstinence is the key.... noted!

I'll discuss abstinence with gf.

Abstinence with my gf?...God forbid !..lol...oh till when?..oh after we get married? oh ,I hear ya..tah!..

Best bet for me is constant check up, every three months, choi! it ain't gonna be easy but totally worth it...

Great tips FlyJ,weldone!

Lemme guess, Sleeky is from Akwa Ibom? Because of the "choi"

Huuuhhh.. :unsure: Give, maybe? I'm just been selfish. But seriously, I really don't like the thing jor :rolleyes: My fears? My clit and walls should hang 4 inches down on the long run (especially when you jam the ones that eat it the way they kiss. Like they sucking out periwinkle. *tearful*) As for me, mehh I'm just scared of contacting o. Running test first is a pretty new idea. But when is the time to run tests when we can quickie to the thing and go jor. :D :D

I know. Cunnilingus is like the water baptism before being a lesbian <_<

I'm I alone in this campaign? :unsure: Somebody :mellow: Anybody :ph34r:

Abstinence with my gf?...God forbid !..lol...oh till when?..oh after we get married? oh ,I hear ya..tah!..

Best bet for me is constant check up, every three months, choi! it ain't gonna be easy but totally worth it...

Great tips FlyJ,weldone!

Lol of course not, but that was supposed to set her heart racing when she reads it.

• Moderators

Fambutu! Fambutu! Fambutu! You haven't been quite yourself these days... replaced me with a new love interest? :angry:

Ah. The list gets longer...

Yea, Savvy. But only with trusted partners.

Risk here. Risk there. Risk everywhere. Don't let it kill you. Don't let it keep you from enjoying life.

• 3 months later...