Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Where you least expect it...

TeeJay

I was late. I had to get home before Jenny got home. I' promise to make dinner that day. Jenny was my live-in girlfriend. We had met at the club couple of months back. Our eyes met several times before she finally offered a smile. I smiled back. Unsure of what else to do. I didn't have to do anything... she left her friends to sit beside me. Just sat, smiled and said nothing. Few gulps of drinks and we were panting after a hot quick session at the ladies.

Ah. Back to the traffic. The temperature rose inside the car. The lady beside me brought out a pamphlet and started fanning herself. I would have enjoyed this gesture if it the air wasn't blowing body odours my way. Tried to relax. I could keep myself distracted by looking out the window. Hawkers. Beggers. Agitated drivers blaring their car horns like it would change the traffic light from red to yellow.

Then I saw her. I could feel my head spinning by now. As if the whole of nature was in support of this moment, the car stereo that refused to produce any sound screamed James Blunt's'- You are beautiful. She turned towards the beautiful noise and caught my stare. I was totally unaware of my slightly opened lower jaw till she turned and looked into my eyes.

She was even prettier than the face I'd seen sideways. Her make up was perfect on that oblong fair face. Her lips stood out as pink as pink could ever be. She bit the lower lip. Never has my throat been so dry. I swallowed hard... She smiled at my transfixed posture. The car had started moving. I continued staring till the car carrying the face overtook the dear old cab I was in. She never took back that smile. Then she was gone completely out of my sight.

I felt empty. Do I ask the driver to catch up with the car? What do I... what? In slow motion, the ugly colours fell back in place. The old dusty cab. The sweaty passengers. The crying child. Nothing could replace the beauty I'd just seen, and may never see again...

To be contd...

Based on a true life story. Fictional characters were added to create, humm... *shrugs* What's the word?

• Moderators

Awwwwwwh... this is a lovely 'meet-cute story. You shudda told the cab guy to follow o! Haa! You never let something that promising off so easy especially as it's confirmed that she isn't straight! Teejay! You didn't try jor *wink*

Yes, Your Highness, ma'am. I surely will

Kimiiii!!!! Where have you been?! Yea. I effed up. I get so lost in myself and refuse to act. Then regret not doing anything later. Should have chased that car on foot. Thanks

• Moderators

Hahahahaha! @ chased on foot o. Hopefully it comes back to you. Been a monkey of a day o! Then napped for the most part. Had the day off.

• Upvote 1