Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Are LGBT relationships more dramatic than straight relationships

dreamgal

I'm going with yes, I feel they are more intense, dramatic, passionate and even more dangerous than straight relationships.

I don't know why but its just an observation.

Would like to know your thoughts and reasons

• Moderators

Nope, people are dramatic not the relationship. I've witnessed straight relationships that makes me thankful that I'm gay, and LGBT relationships that makes me thankful that I'm single. I think people have a warped concept of same sex relationships, assuming that since both individual are of the same sex that means that means everything should jive in a perfect "kumbayaness", so when something happens its blown way out of proportion.

It all depends on the inviduals involved. We know we’re up against a lot that straight people aren’t. The notion that we are more dramatic is a No No for me, my opinion tho. There are many,of us who want nothing more than to live a simple life but societal imposition on us, the prejudice and expectations is in itself drama, but that doesn’t make us dramatic. Like you said, our relationship are too intense, passionate when with the right one and of course emotions will definitely be high. Right or wrong... now coming to the fact why it seems like there is a lot of drama in the lesbian than in straight relationship is because of the recycling, we all date each other. I don't think it has anything with being in a lesbian relationship. Both relationships have their fair share of drama. It rather boils down to the individual and they tend to deal with it. We all know that if there's one thing all women have in common is drama. Whether gay or straight no one is immune. we’re women and drama is a birthright.Take for instance in here, if our real identities are to be revealed, the cross pattern will be so obvious on who have dated who, our lgbt community is such a small circle, therefore is gonna be hard to escape such drama because chances are, we tend to hang out in a same place, club etc, and thus run into exes, or someone know someone nd who have dated someone. Now when all these hooking up, romantic emotions are summed up into feelings and disposition it definitely going to lead to drama but it doesn't make us more dramatic than straight relationships. Although i wil say that some *stereotypes lesbians* have a thing for being loud and obnoxious and fighting all the time. As if it makes them feel better. Those are the once that invites drama to their door steps.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

Hmmm...

I believe intensity or passion comes with the package when we fall in love. Provided you aren't a lesbian 'struggling' in a heterosexual relationship or a heterosexual settling with another (for whatever reason). I'd like to believe that it either gets as beautiful or as 'dramatic* as we make it.

...and this has absolutely nothing to do with sexual orientation.

Dreamgal is on fire gan! ;) *thumbs up*

• Upvote 1

I agree with what Abystacy has said. Its the recycling that is the drama most times. And then again, you can't help but create drama when you love makeup sex *wink*.

I'm not into drama though. *just saying*

Drama must come at some point in any relationship. How u handle it is what matters whether straight, gay or whatever.

So I wouldn't say its more here or there.

Nope, people are dramatic not the relationship. I've witnessed straight relationships that makes me thankful that I'm gay, and LGBT relationships that makes me thankful that I'm single. I think people have a warped concept of same sex relationships, assuming that since both individual are of the same sex that means that means everything should jive in a perfect "kumbayaness", so when something happens its blown way out of proportion.

Well said.

Drama gets me sick... I've seen lots of drama in both heterosexual and homosexual relationships...

Some people are drama queens/kings. Its got nothing to do with sexuality or relationship...

Some people don't even end in relationship drama... they have so much palava they have family drama and Bestie drama as well...

Okay, I'm just blabbing.... please read moresko's comment on this thread. She's very correct.

Passionate and intense, yes! Dramatic, I agree with moresko, it depends on the people involved. Heterosexual relationships are just as dramatic. Dangerous, I find funny sha!!! If you live in Nigeria, definitely. But in Australia and South Africa even Ghana it's not that dangerouse. That's of course if you are talking of laws and legal ramifications.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...