Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Devil's Basket

mermaid

Went for a party toady and it was kinda awful. well not so awful, thank God for the booze...chocolate vodka is the best( any1 that agrees with me say'aye') oh well. The guy that was passing the Devil's basket thingy was like: don't be shy if youre gay or a lesbian. just kiss the same-sex partner, feel alright. and I was like, omo na wa o. If u just come out like that, that's how the stigma will be on you. stigma?? yeah, I said stigma because we are in the Nigerian society. There is no forming boss for anybody o.

what do u guys think about coming out? (taking into account the kind of society we live in)

• Moderators

Naaah... I won't come out at that sort of a party or in that way.

I do plan to come out but it is planned in phases. Just completed phase #1. I'm careful as well to do it at a time when 'most' are more comfortable with it... My plan is to allow it speak for itself (over time ofcourse) such that it won't be much of a surprise when I do come out.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't go running on the streets screaming "I'm gay! I'm gay" I wouldn't refuse to kiss a girl if I was dared to in a game with other people watching. After all, it would just be a light kiss. No one would slap me for that.

I would walk with my girl along the road and look into her eyes without hiding the sparks all over mine. I would walk arm in arm with her. I would laugh and play with her. I don't care who sees or what they say. All that matters is that I Am Happy. Let them see that I am happy. Most especially, let them see how I was the lucky one to be with a beautiful girl like her. Let them see that she is happy and content. It doesn't matter what they say. I am happy. Nobody would walk up to me and slap me. Or cuff me. I am happy.

I won't kill my joy just to make "them" happy.

• Like 1

People are constantly dared to do that when you picked it up in a devils basket. But they rarely do that in just any gathering. It usually in a gay related gathering and hence no big deal.. But I can choose to pass and empty the glass of alcohol which usually is the alternative if you rather not kiss. Aside that, I'm out to almost everyone that knows me. Im not a social butterfly... I keep a lil close friends adn they all know im gay. Do I go out screaming it no... Does my family know yes.. Did I come out to them nope. It's just one one those things that happen and you keep denying it until you get tired and admit to it since its obviously why they kept asking. Now nobody ask anymore they rather choose to pretend I never said anything. Does it bother me nope. Coming out is not something many of us want to do especially if we value our family and their opinion. I really don care about the society... They are not gonna catch me anywhere in any compromising position. Nobody needs to come out to the society per say. It's not a trophy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

its funny if I were dared in a party like this to kiss a girl but with the alternative of taking a shot of alcohol, I would rather kiss the girl.(No taking of pictures sha o)I've never tasted alcohol in my life.And kissing a girl there doesn't mean coming out. .The kiss should be brief,subtle, yet linger...lol.... whoever comes near the topic after the kiss would get the denial of their lives,aftrall its just a game (claims sleeky lol)...

I'm quite unpredictable in stuff that really matters to me,so people who really know me won't be surprised *shrugs*

Sleeky is in a permanent closet, she's never coming out.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Brave girls. whether you come out or you don't. its okay, so far it's comfortable and secure. I think being secure is the most important thing. Teejay you sound very romantic o.

I would walk with my girl along the road and look into her eyes without hiding the sparks all over mine.

While you're looking into her eyes, will you give her a light kiss on the lips too? Or too much. Curious...

Depends. Hugs accompanied by pecks would be more appropriate. Let's leave the kisses till we are in the right setting.

Hold that thought... B) . It could be us, someday :D

• Moderators

That would be the day! I won't even hold hands in public *awkward much*

Ahn ahn, holding hands because what is wrong with us? :D :D i'm not out, likewise most things I do aren't out in public too or broad daylight ;)

Teejay I hail! I should come for lessons mehn! Before my ass gets dumped.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

LOL i dont think i have ever held hands with any lover of mine in public. But i hold hands with my best friend just fine. Its my mind i guess...

Lol. Kimi.

Lesson number 1: Don't dump the ass. You just may need some jigolo sometime and that may be the most available or nearest ass. Friends-Zone 'em, instead. See?

Mehn. I should just write a book (Feeling like King Julien in the Penguins of Madagascar cartoon)

But, seriously, why are ya'll so self-conscious? Just holding hands o? Or is that how it is done in Lagos? Abeg make una tell me o. Maka respect myself, and my eyes.

• Moderators

OMG! I love me some King Julien! Hahahaha! Yum! Me ke, dump?. Rara o. I never burn my bridges.

Yes o! Lagos is pretty something. Too many people are 'spoilt' and so your coding can never be coding enough! A werd is enough for the wise.

It's terrible.

hahahaha king julien...

Does that thing really have feet?

Is it a standing squirrel?

That voice...

hahahaha...I love king Julien.

gurls...pls allow me focus, even if na only 100 sit ups I fit do today... lol.

kimiiiiii...#Derailers

• Moderators

Sleekylette love, i'm not derailing jor... :unsure: The topic still but it's gone from coming out, the devil's basket and kissing at parties for fun sake to actual pda in reality and how it is perceived or whether or not it is advisable.

No derailing intended though.

There's nothing wrong in hold hands with the person you're dating.Giving her PDA outside is the issue. I help her with her handbag,there's no big deal. I open the car door for her. All these, has not confirm we're dating. Am only caring for a friend. I always want my woman to feel my presence whenever am with her. Its not neccessary I kiss her in public.

Two plates of ice cream if you survive 20.

lol..

I did 276 ...And that's me becoming lazy..just do 50 in each set,u can arrive at 500 in all...but naaah I'd pass on the ice cream though,cos it wud just replace the calories I've lost.

Almond smoothie would do just fine..yum yum.

lol..

I did 276 ...And that's me becoming lazy..just do 50 in each set,u can arrive at 500 in all...but naaah I'd pass on the ice cream though,cos it wud just replace the calories I've lost.

Almond smoothie would do just fine..yum yum.

LOL! You are scared of replacing the 26 calories you burnt?

I help her with her handbag,there's no big deal. I open the car door for her. All these, has not confirm we're dating. Am only caring for a friend. I always want my woman to feel my presence whenever am with her. Its not neccessary I kiss her in public.

Well well, and they say chivalry is dead...

;)

Depends. Hugs accompanied by pecks would be more appropriate. Let's leave the kisses till we are in the right setting.

Hold that thought... B)/> . It could be us, someday :D/>

I'm holding on to the thought... Holding...

Urgh, dammit! What butter fingers I have, it slipped out of my hands :rolleyes: :D

But hugs and pecks are a def for me too. I will consent to A quick peck on the lips on rare occasions because sometimes you just can't help it. ;)

I'm not the conservative type but I did date someone who was conservative so no PDA at all. Eventually its Whatever both of you are comfy with sha.

But, nope, I would never do conservative again. Life is too short to be so self-conscious or paranoid... :)

• 3 years later...
On 1/28/2016 at 2:57 PM, kimi said:

Just completed phase #1.

What was done in phase #1? And what other phases have you completed. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Michelle said:

What was done in phase #1? And what other phases have you completed. 

Hahahaha... I almost couldn't remember why I typed that, then I looked at the date the post was published. Phase #1 entailed the engagement break-up. 

I haven't done anything major since. Soon perhaps...