Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Ways to Make the Naira Strong

FlyJ

• Moderators

I'm for it provided I get value for my money! I can't go wearing jaga jaga in the name of supporting Nigerian made products.

E.g. Nasco could give due diligence to ensuring the flakes in the pack are not burnt

I believe in my Aba people truth be told. Only if they were more original with the brand naming of their products. And why is it so hard to combine colours in a way that appeals to the senses? Na wa!

I would certainly go for locally made if they stepped-up their game

Ways to make the Naira strong... starch the Naira. It would be strong.

Patronize these guys that sell chip in traffic, instead of Pringles.

Use cane/raffia chairs, furnitures slippers and shoes.

• Upvote 1

It would definitely work if aba should receive brain in their mass production. Also use some quality material. But will naija plastic girls go for it? Nayy

I do patronize them in certain items considering I'm a big fan of accessories e.g Things made out of Ankara:purses,huge hand made bangles,shoes etc.

• Upvote 1

Everything but nasco. See nasco is dangerous, stay away from nasco. I don't eat kelloggs either. Its unnecessarily expensive. Good morning corn flakes is the best :D

• Administrators

So you can enter a made in nigeria airplane?

Buhahahaha....lmao... i do not even fly Made in America that flies in Naija (local airlines).

• 3 months later...

I once asked my dad a question close to this a few years and he pretty much dashed my hopes although he told me the truth.

For the naira to be "strong" it would take a long long time. Even if all Nigerians were to follow that list. I had heard somewhere that the reason our naira is being devalued is because of the loans we keep collecting from the World Bank and IMF. So I asked my father what if Nigeria were to pay up her debt would the naira's value increase, he had answered in the negative. I think it takes more than that for the value of Nigeria's currency to go up. And at the rate we're going, with the price of oil dropping and the costliness of things now, it seems pretty much impossible.

Rather than trying to fight a losing battle with trying to up the value of our naira, the government should find a way to diversify the economy. And Nigerians should help in the littlest way they can.

Plus, in order for this dream to become possible, we Nigerians need to change the way we think. Most people are nonchalant about their country's plight. Most people I know all they want to do is to leave this country. We all complain about how bad Nigeria is and this and that and blah blah but we seem to forget that, Nigeria is just a geographical area located in the West of Africa, planet earth. Without NIGERIANS there's no Nigeria. That's why population is the most important for a state to be recognised as sovereign.

So uh my point is... We shouldn't give up on this country yet, I guess.

End of mini rant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I once asked my dad a question close to this a few years and he pretty much dashed my hopes although he told me the truth.

For the naira to be "strong" it would take a long long time. Even if all Nigerians were to follow that list. I had heard somewhere that the reason our naira is being devalued is because of the loans we keep collecting from the World Bank and IMF. So I asked my father what if Nigeria were to pay up her debt would the naira's value increase, he had answered in the negative. I think it takes more than that for the value of Nigeria's currency to go up. And at the rate we're going, with the price of oil dropping and the costliness of things now, it seems pretty much impossible.

Rather than trying to fight a losing battle with trying to up the value of our naira, the government should find a way to diversify the economy. And Nigerians should help in the littlest way they can.

Plus, in order for this dream to become possible, we Nigerians need to change the way we think. Most people are nonchalant about their country's plight. Most people I know all they want to do is to leave this country. We all complain about how bad Nigeria is and this and that and blah blah but we seem to forget that, Nigeria is just a geographical area located in the West of Africa, planet earth. Without NIGERIANS there's no Nigeria. That's why population is the most important for a state to be recognised as sovereign.

So uh my point is... We shouldn't give up on this country yet, I guess.

End of mini rant.

You hit the nail on the head. Nigerians themselves have a part to play and i doubt they know that.