Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Lesbian, or Bisexual?

TeeJay

So, someone was surprised that I was a lesbian, and not bisexual. She said it is rare to find a lesbian in Nigeria. I mean, being a lesbian means you are sexually attracted to ladies and being Bisexual means you get attracted to both genders.

So, why would it be rare find a pure lesbian? Are you Bisexual because your environment wants you to atleast be attracted to/ date a guy, or because that's how you are naturally? You may have sexed the opposite gender, that can be excused, but who are you really attracted to, and is anything, outside being natural, influencing that choice?

And it seems like only studs, Tomboys, butches... identify as lesbians.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Nice post!

Errr... I tried for way too long to be bisexual but it never happened! LOL. I'm very gay and proud.

I also don't think it's rare to find or that they are limited to 'tops'. The society doesn't help so for some, it may be easier to identify as bi. I do also believe there are many more lesbians in heterosexual relationships due to such things as suppression; denial and the likes... perhaps they are still trying to pray it away. It is well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nigeria is a society that does not support/accept LGBT.Some of our families will disrespect, blackmail or even report you to the church once they know your sexual preference. I can honestly see why most identify themselves as BI.

most people are bi because of the environment they are. me personally get attracted to girls dan guys, I get easily turned on by mere looking at a girls boobs, but can never ever be moved by a man no matter what........ sex with a man is just for doing sake n cover up. well if am been giving the chance abroad ama show my ture color.

In that case you could just say "I'm a lesbian, but trying to paint myself as.straight, or bisexual, because of the environment or family" (There should be a name for this. Another label, right?) You are bisexual, IF you really are "sexually attracted" to men, and women.

My attraction to guys basically ends with flattery. I can flatter their body for Africa, lol. Especially in movies. Mushy Bear gets a tard bit jealous when I start my celebrity crush talk... hehehe.

Anyways, I never go physical with them, I just flatter and when they want further, I start acting really cold. What does that make me??

My attraction to guys basically ends with flattery. I can flatter their body for Africa, lol. Especially in movies. Mushy Bear gets a tard bit jealous when I start my celebrity crush talk... hehehe.

Anyways, I never go physical with them, I just flatter and when they want further, I start acting really cold. What does that make me??

I'm bisexual even if I haven't been with a male in 5years.And I don't even realize its been that long..lol my plan is to sleep with my husband only after legally married.

I haven't been really intimate with a female in about 6months and I'm almost finished. hahahaha..lmao.

Do the maths though.*shrugs*

It is what it is...Life goes on...Cross each bridge at a time.

• Upvote 2

Being bisexual doesn't come naturally to me, it's actually a struggle having to date a guy i don't feel anything for. At first I thought it did since I was attracted to both sexes not until this guy kissed me and I froze. Made me realize even though I was physically attracted to both (the looks), I couldn't easily get myself to go under the sheets with both...an effort had to be made.

Parents, siblings, especially friends will all like to hear the juicy details of your love life and how you've been naughty, what are you gonna say? Make yourself believe you don't care about their opinion? Also, I don't see myself getting married to a lady even if society permits it... so I'm bisexual by choice.

Nice. Very nice. Quite harsh ending. "I don't see myself getting married to ladies even if the society permits it" Ugly truth. This has always being a constant struggle between self and good of the society.

Bisexual by choice.

So, I would be bisexual by choice sometime. Maybe. I would try to push it off for few more years. But for now, I'm lesbian by nature. Wish I could just skip the dating a guy part and straight to marrying a BEARD.

I noticed I was attracted to gals in secondary skool buh as a PK( Preachers kid) u beta pray away such attractions wich I did( at dt tym)buh wen m younga siblings were getting der groove on wit dudes I kept sayin m saving msef 4 m husband (obvious lie) buh at some point I had to date a guy to avoid eyes on me n I stayed in dt relationship for yrs even tho d dude cheated on me and was an ass I wasn't bothered, I got tired had to accept who I was so I ended tins wit him and started payin attention to who and what I am actually attracted to, so in conclusion I wud say I am actually a lesbian only bisexual to conform with society

• Upvote 1

Sleeky, honey. Yours is cool. You are genuinely attracted to both sexes. Nice pact, by the way :)/> No sex till marriage. That's really cool.

you are absolutely wrong Teejay. How can one be genuinely attracted to a particular sex and can't sleep with them until after marriage,u are not being celibate neither are u a saint.

you failed the maths Darlyn.the answer is quite glaring.

who would help Tjay out here please?

I didn't see where you said you are attracted to...any sex in particular. By the way, people decide to wait till marriage, after being sexually active for a while. So, honey, what exactly is the puzzle and the answer to it? :)

Teejay honey u concluded for me in ur reply. And ur reply is simply incorrect. Go and re-read and see if u can make it a puzzle sweetie.

Its simple and I reiterate,the conclusion u drew on my behalf is 100% wrong.

I find cute guys attractive but I'm sexually attracted to girls. I consider my self a lesbian. And i think its quite unfair to date a guy as cover up, i understand the society can pressure us into dating guys but you need to think about the other person you are involving in your struggle. Guys have feelings too.

I find cute guys attractive but I'm sexually attracted to girls. I consider my self a lesbian. And i think its quite unfair to date a guy as cover up, i understand the society can pressure us into dating guys but you need to think about the other person you are involving in your struggle. Guys have feelings too.

True talk. True talk

• Upvote 1