Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×

Hell or High Water

Althena

The Initiative for Equal Rights in partnership with Asurf Films Limited has produced a short film themed around the traumatic experiences arising from socially constructed expectations imposed on persons who self identify as Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual. The movie arose from a need to humanize the discussion on sexual orientation and gender identity through everyday realities, to also educate and information people beyond the singular narrative often circulated on LGBT rights in Nigeria. And what better way to do it hat through Nollywood?

The short film, Hell or High Water tells the story of a young pastor loved and adored by the people around him. Things change for him when he has to confront a hidden truth about himself—a truth that could make or break him psychologically. It seems whatever decision he makes, he is still going to crash and burn, for life as he once knew it would never be the same again. The story explores the reality of sexuality amidst spirituality, exorcism, blackmail, and family life. Hell or High Water challenges stereotypical narratives about sexuality and spirituality.

Today, is the official release of the trailer which you can watch here;

The movie will be first screened on 14th April at *********** in Abuja and if you want an invite, send me a PM!

• Moderators

Very impressive indeed. I've got to see this one for sure! A very audacious move. A step in the right direction. About time!

And I couldn't go for the screening because I was super busy.#vexing# Hi Althena, sorry I missed it girl.

I tink it's April 14th so u didn't miss it