Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Are all tomboys gay?

kimi

• Moderators

Okay... so today, I had this debate with a friend of mine. She insisted that all toms are definitely gay. I disagree.

I'm curious about the general opinion. What say ye?

PS

Tomboys here refer to females who are 21 and over.

I have met tomboys who weren't queer and were actually appalled at the concept of queerness. That's when I realized that some tomboys are just toms because they grew up with only boys around. Others because they felt it was cheaper being boyish than feminine, others because they are just more comfortable in boyish clothes. They love everything boyish including the d**ck.

@ dequeen, you just described my friend Tee, she grew up with 5 brothers and being the only girl, she grew up sharing clothes with them and doing everything guys do. But my girl love d**k more than food.

@ dequeen, you just described my friend Tee, she grew up with 5 brothers and being the only girl, she grew up sharing clothes with them and doing everything guys do. But my girl love d**k more than food.

Hahahaha! Loves d**ck more than food, aye?

• Administrators

One of my closest friend is a Tom boy but she isn't Gay so all tom-boys are not gay.

True that.

since I haven't met a tomboy who wasn't gay, I wouldn't disagree with your friend. One might ask how many tomboys have i come across and really known, I know lots of them and have been friends with some, can say none of them are straight.

Logic would have it that people tend to be attracted to the opposite. Since they're acting like guys(tomboys), they'll most likely be attracted to girls too. But we do know guys who do like guys, so I might also agree with you that not all are gay.

But then, if there are really tomboys that aren't gay, they'll be rare to find. if they're rare to find, i can assume they don't exist. so I still agree with your friend.

The very straight toms i've met actually admitted to loads of girls hitting on them... and some of them told me "well, I just like to dress this way, it means nothing".

For me it will be 99 to 1 yet to see a tomboy who loves to act like a man,to be refer to as a man and dress like a man that don't love women like men too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

For me it will be 99 to 1 yet to see a tomboy who loves to act like a man,to be refer to as a man and dress like a man that don't love women like men too.

True talk.

• 1 month later...