Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Knowing when to walk away

kimi

• Moderators

It is hard enough being in the closest. Harder still having an unreliable gaydar. Worse when the girl you have your heart and eyes on gives all the clues (or so it seems) but still isn't ready to budge.

When is it okay to walk away from a chase. How do you know it is time to quit and just let go? Is it a function of time?

When it's time to walk away you just know, the things you like about someone becomes the reason you don't like them anymore, you no longer get as happy as you used to be around them and they begin to seem replaceable to you. Then you will know its time to 'get up and get moving'

• Moderators

Hahahahaha. Mind f***k! That's a new word added to my vocabulary. Thanks Baby :unsure:

• Moderators

When it's time to walk away you just know, the things you like about someone becomes the reason you don't like them anymore, you no longer get as happy as you used to be around them and they begin to seem replaceable to you. Then you will know its time to 'get up and get moving'

...you feel this way until they start to give the green lights again. Lights that involve touching your head; holding your hand... major #mindf***k that is!

When they make me cry too frequently and my heart says "It's okay, you can let go now" or it whispers to me, "it's time to say goodnight / goodbye".

I think this would mean you never really loved the person. Perhaps you were fascinated by them but fascination wears off you see. And thats when you stop liking does things you used to "like" about them.

...you feel this way until they start to give the green lights again. Lights that involve touching your head; holding your hand... major #mindf***k that is!

I understand what you mean babe, when this happens Then it's time we sat down and have the heart-to-heart talk. Time I told her how much she's hurt me and how I have to let go while my sanity is still on reach.

I think this would mean you never really loved the person. Perhaps you were fascinated by them but fascination wears off you see. And that's when you stop liking does things you used to "like" about them.

I disagree, no matter how much you love a person once they stop reciprocating your love and affection or begin to cause you heart ache and make you feel less important than normal your head begins to give you reasons to love them less and you will know its time to walk. Wether you walk away or not is different but you will just know its time to walk.

If you make me cry, i'm definitely leaving you! How dare you!?!? JK, i dont cry.

Alright. This is so me.

Secondly,

When she becomes too confident and as such is plain rude, daring and acts indisposable. There is no better ticket for walking away.

My gaydar has been faithful so far..lol. I just take my time,I don't over push it.

I just know when its the right time to walk... I just walk...don't look back...no regrets.

Fullstop.

#shrugs

• Administrators

It is hard enough being in the closest. Harder still having an unreliable gaydar. Worse when the girl you have your heart and eyes on gives all the clues (or so it seems) but still isn't ready to budge.

When is it okay to walk away from a chase. How do you know it is time to quit and just let go? Is it a function of time?

For me, it's trusting my intuition which happens to be always right. This is of course is a function of time.

• Like 1

For me, it's trusting my intuition which happens to be always right. This is of course is a function of time.

Me too. Everytime I went against my intuition, I suffered. That's when I discovered and wrote that "my intuition is the voice of god living inside of me"

• Moderators

Me too. Everytime I went against my intuition, I suffered. That's when I discovered and wrote that "my intuition is the voice of god living inside of me"

I concur. Exactly what I tell people. We have been trained not to trust our hearts but that's where God resides and gives instructions from.

My gaydar has been faithful so far..lol. I just take my time,I don't over push it.

I just know when its the right time to walk... I just walk...don't look back...no regrets.

Fullstop.

#shrugs

Muss be nice -_-