Volunteer with Us at Naijalez: Empowering Nigerian Lesbian Community ×
Nigerian Lesbian Forum

Your favourites made easy

kimi

• Moderators

There's a Jollof rice craze in Nigeria. I wonder why :unsure: For all you Jrice lovers, here's how to ensure your jollof rice comes out exactly the same yummy way with each cooking!

• Measure and wash your RAW rice thoroughly
  • Pour some reasonable quantity of VEGETABLE oil in a pot.
  • Dice some onions, pour same into the oil and leave in to fry for 2 minutes.
  • pour your blended pepper, tomato, ginger and garlic mixture into the pot
  • Allow this cook for another 10 minutes.
  • Add some beef/chicken stock. Allow this cook for another 5minutes. Then add your spices and salt to taste.
  • Now you can pour your washed rice. Cover pan and allow to cook
  • Work smart by first heating up some water in the kettle before pouring it in the pot. Alterntively, you can use your rice cooker. It comes out equally as yummy!
  • Stir food to reduce the rate at which the rice burns and sticks to the pan.
  • Add water and some more spices as you deem fit and cook till your 30minutes of rice time is up.
  • Once water is dry and rice is cooked, add some butter.
  • Keep pot covered as the butter melts into the rice. Keep the burner on and allow the oil from the initial stew mixture fry the rice from its roots
  • At this point, you should be able to perceive a delicios party jollof rice aroma.

For further enquiries on how to be that dream wife your present girlfriend expects you to be, contact me on www.wifematerial.kimi.nl.ng

Catering school opens in the summer, feel free to sign-up!

PS

You may also include suggestions or alternative ways of cooking Jollof rice. This is afterall the Kimi super special recipe ;)

• Downvote 1

My obsession for jellof rice, particularly the type served at these yoruba parties, is EPIC.

Was expecting to see the menu for that one. Please help with that. The party rice in which Nora leaves are added.

And, Chef? Can you please make it a practical class? I'd GLADLY sign up. Thanks!

• Moderators

LOOOL. Errr... BRB :D

Tip: ***-4 leaves at the point of adding stock to the blended pepper mixture will do.

Hahahahaha! Catering practicals are scheduled for the winter.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:31 AM, kimi said:

There's a Jollof rice craze in Nigeria. I wonder why :unsure: For all you Jrice lovers, here's how to ensure your jollof rice comes out exactly the same yummy way with each cooking!

• Add some beef/chicken stock. Allow this cook for another 5minutes. Then add your spices and salt to taste.
  • Work smart by first heating up some water in the kettle before pouring it in the pot. Alterntively, you can use your rice cooker. It comes out equally as yummy!
  • Add water and some more spices as you deem fit and cook till your 30minutes of rice time is up.
  • Keep pot covered as the butter melts into the rice. Keep the burner on and allow the oil from the initial stew mixture fry the rice from its roots
  • At this point, you should be able to perceive a delicios party jollof rice aroma.

For further enquiries on how to be that dream wife your present girlfriend expects you to be, contact me on www.wifematerial.kimi.nl.ng

PS

You may also include suggestions or alternative ways of cooking Jollof rice. This is afterall the Kimi super special recipe 😉

Excuse me ma'am. Could you possibly provide some measurements and advise on the spices you use? I'd like to attempt this recipe.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Excuse me ma'am. Could you possibly provide some measurements and advise on the spices you use? I'd like to attempt this recipe.

Hahahaha. I almost couldn't believe I was the originator of this post -I surprise myself. I cook so well in theory... Jokes. Will do. 

1 minute ago, kimi said:

Hahahaha. I almost couldn't believe I was the originator of this post -I surprise myself. I cook so well in theory... Jokes. Will do. 

Ok. Why is this area so empty? Do you girls not cook?

• Moderators

Spices: I'm a lover of the regular knorr cubes (beef stock I think); some curry, some rosemary, some thyme, some black/white pepper (which depends on which is closest to my hand at the time of cooking. I like to keep things simple. 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Ok. Why is this area so empty? Do you girls not cook?

Interesting question there. Lol. 

2 hours ago, kimi said:

Spices: I'm a lover of the regular knorr cubes (beef stock I think); some curry, some rosemary, some thyme, some black/white pepper (which depends on which is closest to my hand at the time of cooking. I like to keep things simple. 

The aroma from Rosemary is Everything. I also like to use basil and oregano

I love to cook, my dream is to own a big restaurant some day but mehn this recipe is way different from mine so am gonna have to try it out. 

Am not a fan of jollof rice sha, don't understand what the rave is about. 

• 9 months later...
On 4/14/2016 at 7:31 AM, kimi said:

pour your blended pepper, tomato, ginger and garlic mixture into the pot

You forgot to mention that protective gear should be worn while blending the pepper mix. The fumes had my eyes watering and I wasn't even the one blending it 😣

On 4/14/2016 at 7:31 AM, kimi said:

PS

You may also include suggestions or alternative ways of cooking Jollof rice. This is afterall the Kimi super special recipe 😉

Someone down voted this? Savages 😀

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Michelle said:

You forgot to mention that protective gear should be worn while blending the pepper mix. The fumes had my eyes watering and I wasn't even the one blending it 😣

Looool...